June 2013 Weddings
Options

Hump Day!

Happy Hump day all! Only two more days until the weekend!!

It seems a little dead around here lol what is everyone up to?!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Hump Day!

• Options
    I hear ya!

Just school... working and volunteering for some programs I did as an undergrad to help kids looking to get into grad school.  
    Uh, I just completed christmas shopping, just have a few presents to wrap, and I am trying to nail down a photographer before the holidays but we will see.  One I love just got engaged like a week ago so she is still in disbelief mode haha.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    it is definitely a little dead around here these days! I am doing the same as everyone else...work and school. I am starting Christmas shopping and hopefully will be done soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm in school myself! I'm looking forward to the semester being over though, my brain could use the break, and my wallet could use the extra hours at work! Lol what are you guys going to school for? I'm in nursing ... As for Christmas shopping ...not even close to started! Its going to be a last minute kind of year i feel lol...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi Ladies!

I agree it has been a lil quiet over here!

With the holidays approaching way faster than I'd like I've been super busy with work (full time and part time side biz's). Also Xmas shopping, creating cards to send out and getting all my christmas decor out and up is seeming like a very hard task for me lately lol

I haven't even looked at/thought of much wedding stuff (Although I have looked at the MS Wedding Magazine and was a little disappointed... It was ALOT of ads and very little substance it seemed to me :( )

Hope you are all having a great week! It's almost over!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Options
    I've been doing alot of school work! Finals week is fast approaching! I also have all kinds of christmas shopping to do, churches to make appointments with and venues to look at! lol I'm a nursing major by the way to answer the previous question.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I sm s nursing major also. That is crazy that half this board is nursing majors! I completely agree about getting the christmas stuff up. FI and i bought a new tree together this year and we really wanted to put it up together, it looks like one of us is just going to have to get it up. I dont think i will be doing anything wedding related until after the new year. We have our two big things booked, the ceremony and reception venues, so now we can relax a little bit. We are still trying to pick out our colors. The next thing to book is a photographer. I am willing to splurge on a photographer since after the wedding that is all you have left. The one i am in love with is about 4 grand and that makes me die a little bit inside. Trying to figure out if it is worth it or try to find someone for a little less. Sssdee- it is kind of depressing buying bridal mags for 10 bucks a pop and they are 75 percent ads and little content. I have pretty much given up on buying them.
  • Options
    I'm a teacher and I am so tired at the end of the day. Kids get so crazy around Christmas!

I just got engaged, so I'm in planning overload.

I have picked my photographer, my DJ, I have 4 venues to go see...3 within the next week. I've designed centerpieces, picked colors...I know who I want for my flowers...

lol, I am so looking forward to Christmas break!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies! My best friend is getting married this May, so I've been busy planning her shower and bachelorette party and haven't gotten much else done for our wedding except nail down the venue. I'm going to start the hunt for my dress after the holidays when there is a little more money available. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey Ladies! I have been busy working! I feel like that is all I ever do any more. If I am not working then I am Christmas shopping. I have almost all my gifts bought and I still need to wrap them. but that is ok!

I haven't dont much with the wedding in a little bit. Just looking for ideas for centerpieces! I pretty much have everything else figured out! Then I can relax for a year and just pay everything off (as in next dec. ill be back in wedding mode just getting everything in order)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    The Holidays are always crazy for me. I'm slightly glad to be working this Christmas because it'll cut down on all the places I'm supposed to go. I just feel like for once I want to do the holiday my way and stay home and relax lol. :p Is that terrible?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome lnm and berry... What date in June do you girls have picked out?
  • Options
    I've got 6/14/13 :)

I went and looked at a venue tonight. It's only $875 for the entire day, and is both the reception and ceremony sight. It's in an old, 150 year old church. They provide tables and chairs, I'd have to do everything else. I have a few others to look at, but I'm on such a limited budget. Caterers are killing me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6/14 was my original date! But we ended it up pushing it up a week. $875 is an awsome price to rent a venue! That church must be gorgeous. Has it been redone? or is it still in original condition?

I agree, caterers are pretty pricey, which is why we went with somewhere that was almost all inclusive, it slightly saves money and headache of dealing with too many vendors.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The church has been redone slightly, it was added onto in 1940. It has gorgeous stained glass windows, though. Ugly carpet.

The church I wanted to get married in was $500, way too much. So this is double duty. We have a lot of our guests traveling, so this way they won't be driving all over Columbus.

I'm honestly looking into Hoggy's or City BBQ. It's my kind of food, and a great price. I just don't know about BBQ for a wedding. Hoggy's does have more options, though.

I just can't afford $20 a person. Super limited budget, right here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, it has been slow around it. I am a nursing major as well..... crazy! And the past few weeks have been crazy for me with clinicals winding down and a ton of projects! I am looking forward to break (2 more weeks!!) so I can have some time to relax and possibly cross a few planning items off of my list!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've got 6/7/13! I figure it will be hard for the hubby to forget since 6+7=13. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I originally wanted 6/7/13 for that very reason.

But we have a lot of teachers and children in the families. A lot of them would still be in school at that time. I get out in May though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is an excellent idea! He will have absolutely no excuse for not remembering your anniversary!! We originally were going to choose June 8th, but we have a lot of cousins still in school, so we pushed it back to June 22nd (which was the date I wanted anyways :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been busy with my new job (former teacher turned jewelry salesperson).  I really want to go back to teaching, but I have a feeling that resigning after 2 1/2 months is going to hurt my chances. 

I haven't done much on the wedding front.  After Christmas/New Year's when (hopefully) my apartment in FL gets rented out, I'll be able to start looking for a reception venue...*sigh*
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Berry were date twin!! Yay! It was actually my FI who had come up with the 6+7=13 it hadn't even occurred to me! Lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    well to answer the question, maybe too late since ive missed a whole convo on here haha my major is materials science and engineering, i work on solid oxide fuel cells and some army energy stuff annnnd im getting my phd now, have probably 3.5 years to go lol.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards