Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Dinner price per person $40?$60? $90?

Hi I would like to know how much should I expect to be charge for dinner per person?? $40?$60? $90?  what is a reasonable price?

Thank you,

Re: Dinner price per person $40?$60? $90?

• Options
    All depends on where you live and the area your from. Most places are around 44.00150 where I am in CT Friday and Sunday receptions are usually cheeper. And doing an off season wedding octobermarch is also more budget friendly.most guest will give 200 per couple and solo.guest at least 100
  • Options
    In NYC it's $200, including tax and tip for open bar dinner at a nice place.
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_dinner-price-per-person-4060-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:b9cffc66-1dfe-4fbf-836c-4c75bbf42208Post:f0f74bf0-f605-4cc2-bce5-43c1fecd00a7">Dinner price per person $40?$60? $90?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi I would like to know how much should I expect to be charge for dinner per person?? $40?$60? $90?  what is a reasonable price? Thank you,
    Posted by savrinah[/QUOTE]

<div>Depends on where you live, when your wedding is and the venue.  You can find people that have had weddings on shoestring budgets to those that have spent upwards of $300/more per guest.  Reasonable means different things to different people.</div><div>
    </div><div>I suggest posting this on your local board.  In the end, it doesn't matter what others have paid.  You need to figure out your guest list and your budget and find a place that fits within it.</div>
  • Options
    I'll chip in since I'm getting married in your area...we are paying $68.00 a person for passed apps, cheese/fruit station, three course meal w/ three entree options, coffee station, and a simple/classic wedding cake with buttercream frosting.  I'm getting married in the Worcester area, and these prices are pretty standard.  I'd imagine Boston proper is a bit higher.  I've heard southern New Hampshire has some good deals. 

It includes tax and gratuities, which I have triple-verified go directly to the waitstaff.  It does not include alcohol, which is only by consumption at my venue.  Most venues I saw with fixed priced options ran 30-40 pp for 5 hours of open bar. 

The Boston board isn't too active but it would be worth posting there as well with your more specific area; its a small state with a wide range of price points!
  • Options
    In Response to Dinner price per person $40?$60? $90?:
    [QUOTE]Hi I would like to know how much should I expect to be charge for dinner per person?? $40?$60? $90?  what is a reasonable price? Thank you,
    Posted by savrinah[/QUOTE]

I am going to infer from the wording on this post that someone in the crowd is concerned about prices you have been quoted from a venue (or venues).  Have you looked into Spinelli Bakery Ravioli & Pastry Shop, in East Boston, near the Airport.  They have 'North End' quality food, including fresh pasta and fresh bread, and amazing prices.  AMAZING cake, I should add.  They also have parking, which is RARE, as you know.  The only issue is the tunnel, and the subsequent tunnel fare.  You should pay this for your guests.  Maybe see if you can buy a bunch of passes?  Or, just give everyone $3 in their favor bag with a note saying "for the Callahan."  Spinelli's also delivers within a certain range, if you are doing a hall or home where you can have outside catering.  I have used them for catering for a former job I had, which was an event for rather high profile individuals. The offerings included steamed aspargus, lasagna, and antipasti. This was 10 years ago, but as they are a family-owned old-school company, I can't imagine it's changed much. 

Having just left Boston after having lived there for 20 years (Boston proper) I can assure you that a typical catered event is probably going to be minimum $75.00 pp.

• Options
    We are having a destination wedding in Las Vegas and it is going to be $86 per person.  This includes hors d'oeuvres, open bar, the meal and desserts.  As the other ladies have said it really does depend on your location and other variables.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards