Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Jimmy Johns Catering, HELP, how many sandwhiches??

I am looking into having sandwhiches at my reception and we are going to have about 150 people. How many 30 piece platters would I need to successfully do this? They look like they are about 4 inches each.

Thank you!!

Re: Jimmy Johns Catering, HELP, how many sandwhiches??

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_jimmy-johns-catering-help-how-many-sandwhiches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:cee38913-b9a7-4b04-b79c-c1acbb40d90aPost:09e67685-9f73-490e-971a-7650b1d7ed04">Jimmy Johns Catering, HELP, how many sandwhiches??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking into having sandwhiches at my reception and we are going to have about 150 people. How many 30 piece platters would I need to successfully do this? They look like they are about 4 inches each. Thank you!!
    Posted by missmarissa25[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Have you called them to ask them what they recommend?  </div><div>
    </div><div>If you were having nothing else to eat, I'd probably have 2.  If you had other stuff (salads, apps, etc) I'd probably only have one.  DH would probably have 2-4, depending on if you were serving other food.</div><div>
    </div><div>You may also want to try posting this on your local board.  I am not familiar with Jimmy Johns.

</div>
  • Options
    No that is a good idea! I didn't know they had local boards, thank you!
  • Options
    Probably because you said you were having sandwiches, they were 4 inch pieces and how many platters should you order?
  • Options
    Why time is the wedding?    Are you seving anything else?  

I would get at least 10 trays.  That is 2 per person.    Maybe more if it's depending what else you are serving and the time of day.

LOL  kmmssg.  You don't need to be fimilar with Jimmy John's  know how many 4 inch sandwiches you could eat.      BTW - I'm not fimilar with Jimmy John's either.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I LOVE Jimmy John's, but I agree with everyone else: what time is the wedding and what else (if anything) will you be serving?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_jimmy-johns-catering-help-how-many-sandwhiches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:cee38913-b9a7-4b04-b79c-c1acbb40d90aPost:5edb2de4-e106-4320-8b39-04f03455fabe">Re: Jimmy Johns Catering, HELP, how many sandwhiches??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jimmy Johns Catering, HELP, how many sandwhiches?? : Wow!  No Jimmy Johns in Jersey?  You are missing out. ETA:  Wait, if you're not familiar with the chain, then how do you know you'd probably have two and your husband two to four?
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah, when OP said they were 4 inch sandwiches, I just imagined it was like most sandwich party platters.</div><div>
    </div><div>Though after all this talk about it, I really feel like I'm missing out!  I googled them just for the heck of it and found there is one location in NJ that is only about 30 minutes away!  May have to try sometime.  :D

</div>
  • Options
    i am not a fan of sandwiches at a wedding i think its the one day where you want to shine and give your guest an amazing time they will remeber everything and will talk about it for months  and if anyone else in the family is getting married they will compaire it to yours. you can find really good inexpensive catering that can give u a hot meal for cheep like a bbq or maybe comfort food you could do a buffett
  • Options
    sorry about my post and the punctuality. i was  checking the boards  via my cellphone and with auto correct and everything else my posts from my home come out garbled sometimes... 

what i am saying is there are tons of options when it comes to food at a wedding. i personally do not like the sandwich idea unless you were serving one or 2 tea type sandwiches along with your cocktail hour  and a lot of catering places can work with you on budget call up as many places in your area as possible  give them your budget up front how much you can spend on food and see what they can do for you some places will say i cant help you others will give you lots of ideas and suggestions

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_jimmy-johns-catering-help-how-many-sandwhiches?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:cee38913-b9a7-4b04-b79c-c1acbb40d90aPost:b7b12dfa-d6c8-4ff1-a3d8-dce16d5a88f5">Re:Jimmy Johns Catering, HELP, how many sandwhiches??</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>JJ's has the most amazing subs ever and tons of specialty options like avocado, sprouts, etc</strong>. I think if it is a daytime wedding, this would be a great food option. But I'd go with 15 to 20 trays so you can order a variety of sandwich types. I think people will eat 2 to 3, and I would rather have some left over than not have enough or only be able to have 2 basic kinds.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>See I'm a Philly girl.  I have a tough time believing any sub outside of the Delaware Valley can be amazing.  Good, maybe but not amazing.  Especially from a chain.</div><div>
    </div><div>But I am a sub/hoagie snob.  </div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    If you are still considering JJ's for your wedding we tell customers that a 30pc platter only feeds about 12 to 15 people. A 30 piece is made of 10 subs cut in to thirds. Also normally when we do platters we won't put the mayo on them. We give mayo packets with the platters. I hope this helps you somewhat. I haven't worked there long but I will never go back to any other sub shop :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards