Getting in Shape
Options

Color Run?

Has anyone ever done a color run before?  There is one in NJ in August and I'm thinking I might try it seeing as how you don't have to be a serious runner to be involved.  My ankle cast is coming off on the 29th and I think that will be enough time after PT to get myself into a decent activity routine to have this as my intro back to running.  

What do you ladies think?
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Color Run?

• Options
    Is that the one in Englishtown? I've never done it but my friends have done that one. They said it was a lot of fun and took a lot of pics. They said the start was slow, with a ton of people, so it was more like a 5k stroll. I don't know if I'd ever do a color run but they are really popular. Sounds like it could be a blast.
  • Options
    I've never done one, but i AM signed up for the one here in Grand Rapids in August! I'm excited and I think anyone can do them, there's very little pressure (that's why I was OK with it, being that it will be my first 5k ever)
  • Options
    It is the one in Englishtown.  I'm excited.  I'm trying to see if I can get a group of us to do it since it will be cheaper. 

I too have never done a 5K, I just run for fun at my own pace.  I figured this will be a great way to get back into casually running once my ankle cast comes off since there is no pressure and I can go at my own pace.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm signing up for one soon. It's just silly fun with your friends! I can't wait to do one! Talk to your doctor, but that sounds like plenty of time since it's just a 5k. And I have heard The Color Run is much more organized than the Color Me Rad run. 
  • Options
    I've done it twice! I did the one last year in Denver, CO and then again in Colorado Springs, CO. THEY ARE SO FUN! I definitely recommend the color run for a beginner 5K, as there is absolutely no pressure to "race"...we actually were more concerned with getting doused with color than our time. Also, be prepared for a LONGGGGGG shoer afterward...the color does not wash off easily! haha! Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I am excited and FI is excited to do it with me.  Now I have something to look forward to once the cast comes off and it gives me motivation to get back in the gym quicker once I get the all clear from my orthopedic and physical therapist (I'm assuming I'll have one since he told me I'll need at least two weeks of pt).
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'm signed up for the one in Cleveland! They look like a great time, and it's my encouragement to get in shape :)
  • Options
    I'm doing the Buffalo one in August.
  • Options
    I have participitated in a lot of races and I'm signing my 5yo daughter up for our Color Run in August. It sounds perfect for beginner runners as it isn't timed and is just more or less for fun. Two weeks later we'll be running a 10 miler with beer, doughnut, bacon and egg, and water stops. Bring it on!!
    ~Weeds are just flowers without an invitation.~
  • Options
    I am signed up for one on May 4th.  I am kind of dreading it, only because I am a bartender at a Mexican place and that's our BIG Cinco de Mayo day there.  Running a 5K in the morning and having to work an 9-10 hour shift a few hours later is not sounding to great to me.  Although, I am very excited to be running in it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So glad to see that other people have done it and enjoyed it.  I talked to FI and decided that we won't register until the cast comes off at the end of the month.  I want to see what my range of motion is like and I will take it from there.
    Anniversary

• Options
    It is alot of fun and really easy.  We did it last year, and I was with a group of mostly walkers.  I think it took us over an hour to finish because we were stopping and having color fights at each zone. 

For anyone wanting to try it I highly recommend bringing a bandana of sorts (you can get white ones dirt cheap at any fabric/craft store).  While running they keep the color below the shoulders.  At the dance party afterwards they end up doing color throws about every 15 minutes and you can end up inhaling alot of color.  We were thankful for sunglasses and bandanas.  No worries though...it tastes just like corn starch, completely harmless. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards