Getting in Shape
Options

Easy Diet/Workout Combo??

Good evening everyone! :)

There's 110 days to go until our wedding! *Yay!* With this being said, I want to get my butt in gear & start eating healthier & working out. I'm looking to lose about 15-20lbs, and tone everything up. Does anyone have any diet and workout suggestions that worked well for them, that would be successful with just over 3 months to do it? I'm not too bad with the sweets, but my downfall is snacking & cravings! I like salty! Lol :S I have an average build now, & if I could just stick to an eating and workout plan, I know I wouldn't have 'too' hard of a time losing the weight. Any food or ingredients to stay away from, or try to avoid? All suggestions welcome! I'm just looking for something I can stick with! :)

Thanks ladies! Happy Monday! Xo!

Re: Easy Diet/Workout Combo??

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_easy-dietworkout-combo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:463dae82-38f6-4c4b-8858-83e2e2662bcfPost:0a06979c-22b1-4598-ab5e-b3e4699a9ad3">Re:Easy Diet/Workout Combo??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weight loss is 80 diet and 20 exercise. Sign up for a free calorie tracker and log everything you put in your mouth. I use myfitnesspal.com, but there are tons of options. As for exercise, try something you enjoy, running, biking, swimming, something to get your heart rate up.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

This. Start tracking what you eat. I was surprised when I started tracking - I was eating way more calories than I thought! I try to make sure I do at least half an hour of exercise a day - whether that's hard core cleaning or yoga or running or gardening.
  • Options
    I third the suggestion of food tracking. A lot of us like using myfitnesspal.com, but there are other options like Livestrong or Sparkpeople.

Also - join our accountability threads :)
  • Options
    In my many years of dieting and the 30+ lbs I have lost, I have found one thing to be true: You cannot exercise away a bad diet. Exercise is important, but your eating is 80-90% of the equation. It's important that you eat enough without eating too much. When I was eating 1300-1500 calories a day and exercising, I lost weight but at a lot slower rate than when I was eating 1800-2000 a day and exercising. Everyone is different though. What I suggest you do is track what you eat for a few days, either in a notebook or on a website like livestrong or myfitnesspal and then look at where you can cut things out comfortably. Maybe it's a can of pop every afternoon or a handful of oreos after dinner every night. I found losing weight MUCH easier (and actually in a lot of cases quicker) when I just just making a few changes per day rather than trying to significantly cut calories. When I cut calories too much, I would end up so hungry that I could only keep it up for a couple days before I started binge eating or something.

Another thing I found helpful when losing weight (and again, I stress that everyone is different) is doing moderate to light exercise. When I was doing heavy exercise (like marathon training) I actually ended up gaining weight because it messed with my appetite a ton to be so active. When I would do light jogging or just walking is when I actually lost the most weight and looked my best. Everyone is different in this regard, though. Find what works for you. The point I'm trying to get across is that you don't have to run 6 miles a day or workout for 2 hours a day to look awesome. :)

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much ladies!

I love the idea of tracking my food, and I think this might be something that will definitely help me! I agree, everyone's different, so maybe I'll take a couple of weeks of better diet, (and tracking food), and do different types of exercise each week and see which one works best for me. :) 

I know it's 109 days to go, but I will make sure to post how things went! :):) Thank you all again! Xo!

*J 
  • Options
    I agree with all the previous comments.  Also in losing 30+ lbs best thing is to keep going..even when scale doesn't budge..don't get frustrated quickly, it will eventually move!  LOL, Also in terms of staying away from probably if you really want to lose I'd say stay away from alcohol...it's lot of calories and tends to mess with your dieting because when you are drinking the natural thing is to want to eat and with me it was all the foods that are very high in calories! Good luck!
  • Options
    Try out Jillian Michaels Body Revolution....it's a 90 day program and only 30 min a day. I actually just started, but I completely started to eat clean and track my food on myfitnesspal. I hate counting calories, but mfp makes it so easy! I've been eating clean for over 2 weeks and lost 6 lbs and just started to add exercise as of yesterday.....hoping to lose at least 20 lbs over these 90 days! Good luck whatever you decide to do!
  • Options
    Thanks again everyone! 

I've heard of the Jillian Michaels workouts, and lots of people seem to be happy with them! 90 days is a perfect timeline for me too! :) I'll have to look into it! 

It's *finally* starting to warm up outside too, so on top of working out, I'll definitely be more active with outdoor activities, which always helps! :) Can't wait for summer! Lol. 

I hope everyone's enjoying their week! Xo!

*J

• Options
    I am an ICU nurse married to a kinesiologist... I know a lot about diet and exercise and would be happy to help.  If you're interested, email me at fancyfit3@gmail.com  Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards