Wedding Woes

Poor DD

Tuesday night, at my family's seder, DD projectile vomited. Then she was fine. We got home and she went to bed and puked again. Then fell asleep.

Luckily we had an appt with the GI Wednesday morning anyway. Which turned out not to be fun. I didn't go but my mom and H took her. The tube is one piece. There is a stopper inside of her stomach and a bumper on the outside to keep the tube in place. The outside bumper was REALLY loose so the doc had to put a little catch on it to keep it in place. He re-adjusted the tube and apparently it wasn't comfortable and because the internal stopper was all over the place, that's why she had the vomiting episodes. Wednesday she spent the rest of the day with my mom and a couple of doses of Tylenol helped her discomfort. After I changed her dressing last night she was really uncomfortable so another dose of Tylenol did the trick.

Now she has what's called ganulation tissue, which is common (it's when the skin reacts to the constant contact with stomach acid that leaks out of the hole), and is treated with silver nitrate. So we go back to the GI in mid-April to get that checked on and if needed, she'll have it treated.

Poor kid needs a break.

Re: Poor DD

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards