Wedding Reception Forum

What has been the most interesting or fun thing you have seen/done at a wedding?

I think it's neat to hear from other brides on what they found interesting or fun at weddings.  I don't want a boring wedding, nor do I want a wedding that has too much.  I personally have not been to many weddings in my life and the ones I have been were smaller weddings aside from my sisters.  So for me nothing sticks out.  I know for us we wanted our guests to leave and say man, I had a really good time.  I will say at one wedding I went to they had a magician and I thought it was really neat, the kids LOVED it as did the adults.  I had never seen anything like that at a wedding.  It's not for me for mine  but I liked it as a guest and felt it fit the couple.  So what things stuck out at you at any particular wedding or what made the wedding you had the most fun at fun? :) 

Re: What has been the most interesting or fun thing you have seen/done at a wedding?

• Good food, good booze and good music all makes for a fantastic time for me.  I don't need anything else for entertainment.  The weddings that I remember best were the one's where my friends and I had a blast out on the dance floor with a cold drink in our hand all night.

• i can honestly say i dont rememer the decor at pretty much any of the weddings i've attended. i do remember awesome or terrible food, awesome or terrible drinks/bartenders and awesome/terrible DJ/music/dancing and awesome or terrible venue. i'm not a fan of cake so i dont usually have a piece. i love when alternate desserts are offered like cookies or small bite-sized pastries. if i can get a great double espresso with it then i'm in heaven.

so for me food, drink and music are key. the rest is just fluff.

• I am with the majority food always sicks out for me and the booze did too. My sister had not so good box wine I still remember it today.  
  • In Response to Re: What has been the most interesting or fun thing you have seen/done at a wedding?:
    [QUOTE]Good food and good music are what I always remember.  But one thing that sticks out to me at one wedding is the last song was sung kareokee by the bride and groom.  It was a Journey song and a lot of fun.  Now every time I hear it I think about how much fun they had singing that song.    
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

I love that! The DJ at a girlfriends wedding had all the guys to one side, girls to the other and each group had a mic. We battled out Paradise By The Dashboard Lights and it was phenomenal! We're are a pretty dramatic bunch (drama and music kids back in the day) so he knew it would be a hit. Some of the best photos from the night! We are sprinkling in a few karaoke song for our guests to sing through the reception. I hope people will love it! Smile
  • I went to a cousin's wedding last year - one of their favorite songs was "500 miles".  They printed the lyrics on the wedding programs, and everybody sang them on their way out. . .it was a really neat moment.  They also had a "pub style" band - played old non-traditional songs for part of the reception (like, old, old English pub songs), then they switched to an I-pod list.  It was a blast.

I went to a wedding last night actually, and they had a fajita bar for the cocktail hour.  They had two people serve up chicken and vegetarian fajitas, so you got a few pieces of fajitas for an appetizer. . . it was such a cool idea that I told them I'm stealing it.  We also want to do a S'mores bar (we're foodies). 

I think the best weddings are ones that are unique, and really reflect the bride and groom.  I've been to countless other "traditional" weddings, but the two listed above REALLY stick out in my head because they were so reflective of the couple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards