Florida-South Florida

Photography?

Hola senoritas!

I have dwindled down my list of 57 venues down to 6 ! LOL

Im venue scouting at the moment and Im trying to leave room for photography. My budget for ceremony, reception, and everything that needs to be like catering, drinks, flowers etc are in that budget. So because of this I need to know how much room I will have for the photography.  Some of the venues have photography in their packages, so if I choose those I dont have to worry about the photogrpahy but because I have one venue already that I really like, but the photography is an extra (and a bit pricey).

I dont really care about video, as I can get my brother to just  set up either one of our good cameras for the ceremony.

I do want pictures of me and the girls getting ready, or towards the end, putting on my dress, their dresses a bit of make up etc. my hubby to be getting dressed etc. 

Im not sure if I want a first look, but I think it would be the best if I will be having the ceremony and reception in one venue.  so we can get all the pictures done with our bridal party and family done before or at least most of it! 

I dont even know whats affordable for what I want? I want decent pictures, I dont need fancy shmancy pictures! 

I dont even know how much to budget for this because it seems as though its all over the board!

Re: Photography?

• I would suggest to check out of the work of the photographer from the venue you like the best. You might really like the person's work or you may not. Also, consider what you want from a photographer as far as the photographer's style (i.e. more posey or studio driven), what comes in the package, how many photographers will be at your wedding, how many pictures can you pick for your album and will you get a cd of all your pictures and printing rights (my main concern). The perk of having rights to printing your pictures and having access to all of your good pictures is great since you can print pictures and send to family and friends without paying the photographer's price which can be expensive.

If you are looking for a outside photog vendor then I highly recommend my photographer, Gloria Ruth. Our engagement and wedding pictures look amazing and they are so crisp and clear. I know you mentioned you don't care if they are fancy but the clarity of pictures (even the normal ones) is something I looked at all the photographers I considered. I almost went with another photographer but my hubby didn't care for her work too much since it was more posey and her pictures were not as clear as Gloria's. Let her know Dania sent you :)
  • d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_photography-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:84c95e7d-9296-465c-a081-78ddb90e04e0Post:4b2d2f6d-d6cc-4341-b2b1-4859277a2280">Re: Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would suggest to check out of the work of the photographer from the venue you like the best. You might really like the person's work or you may not. Also, consider what you want from a photographer as far as the photographer's style (i.e. more posey or studio driven), what comes in the package, how many photographers will be at your wedding, how many pictures can you pick for your album and will you get a cd of all your pictures and printing rights (my main concern). The perk of having rights to printing your pictures and having access to all of your good pictures is great since you can print pictures and send to family and friends without paying the photographer's price which can be expensive. If you are looking for a outside photog vendor then I highly recommend my photographer, Gloria Ruth. Our engagement and wedding pictures look amazing and they are so crisp and clear. I know you mentioned you don't care if they are fancy but the clarity of pictures (even the normal ones) is something I looked at all the photographers I considered. I almost went with another photographer but my hubby didn't care for her work too much since it was more posey and her pictures were not as clear as Gloria's. Let her know Dania sent you :)
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you for such a good reply! LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>My parents are paying for my wedding (ceremony and reception), which is like the BEST GIFT EVER! So, I will be covering invitations, my dress, hotel, hair & make up etc etc. </div><div>
    </div><div>I will check out the photographers portfolios of the ones that have it included, and if I dont like it then I can get rid of it since most packages are customizable!</div><div>
    </div><div>I got quoted from the one venue that I saw that is a contender.... </div><div>$3,500 for up to 8 hours </div><div>photo album with 80 images, 2 disc of proofs / re-edits, 2 hour engagement session- 2 locations, 2 photogs on wedding day, 1 videographer + printing rights.</div><div>
    </div><div>... but its $3,500 and my FI LAUGHED in my face.lmao </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>I found a vendor from the knot Dana Lynn and her prices are more reasonable, but they do not include video - 8hours for $1,600</div><div>
    </div><div>My concern is that how much is too much? ...and how much is enough? </div><div>
    </div><div>If I get venue with a photog that I dont like then I can get another, and maybe splurge a litte since we will essentially split it with my parents.</div><div>
    </div><div>Im just a bit confused.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I will check out Gloria, thank you for the suggestion!!! </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_photography-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:84c95e7d-9296-465c-a081-78ddb90e04e0Post:01437db5-07ff-4b4e-b4a2-f1300e36b69c">Re: Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photography? : Thank you for such a good reply! LOL My parents are paying for my wedding (ceremony and reception), which is like the BEST GIFT EVER! So, I will be covering invitations, my dress, hotel, hair & make up etc etc.  I will check out the photographers portfolios of the ones that have it included, and if I dont like it then I can get rid of it since most packages are customizable! I got quoted from the one venue that I saw that is a contender....  $3,500 for up to 8 hours  photo album with 80 images, 2 disc of proofs / re-edits, 2 hour engagement session- 2 locations, 2 photogs on wedding day, 1 videographer + printing rights. ... but its $3,500 and my FI LAUGHED in my face.lmao  I found a vendor from the knot Dana Lynn and her prices are more reasonable, but they do not include video - 8hours for $1,600 My concern is that how much is too much? ...and how much is enough?  If I get venue with a photog that I dont like then I can get another, and maybe splurge a litte since we will essentially split it with my parents. Im just a bit confused. Also, I will check out Gloria, thank you for the suggestion!!! 
    Posted by d2va[/QUOTE]

With the video included it's not a bad price. However, what will really matter to most is the quality of their work. You may be lucky and love the photog's work but there is a big chance you may not. I had a friend who was married at a venue who had their own photog and videographer (very similar package as yours) and she decided to go with them. When I saw her pictures and quality of her video, I was not impressed at all. A lot of people really don't care about video but pictures, yes. I certainly cared about pictures because it captures the memories you have from your wedding day. My husband and I were very picky with photogs and we were happy with our selection. Just keep in mind with that. Also, if you are looking for a good photographer who has reasonable rates then check out this list I made for the board when I was the moderator :) GL!

<u><strong>1k range</strong></u>
    - Dana Lynn Photography: Wedding packages begin at $500

- Jaco Photo: Packages start at $799

- Janine Garcia Photography: Starts at $799

- Dillon Photo: Starting package starts at $999

- BlueSpark Photography: Wedding packages start at $1000

- Jill Erwich Photography: Wedding packages begin at $1400

- Sweet Adeline Photography: Wedding packages start at $1500

- Kristen Wynn Photography: Wedding packages begin at $1695

- Dolce Photography: Packages start at $1750

- Justine Kang Photography: Packages are around somewhere the mid 1ks (can't recall when I first inquired last year)

- Alexandra Murphy: Wedding coverage was $1800 but I do know her price has increased when we interviewed her while shopping around.

- Robert Rios Photography: Wedding packages start at $1850 for 4 hours.

-Rubber Boots Photography: Wedding packages start at $1850

- Brittany Anderson Photography
    <u><strong>
    2k range</strong></u>
    - Gloria Ruth: Wedding packages start at $2100 - Can't say enough amazing things about her, love our engagement pictures and can't wait for her to work her magic on our wedding!

- Noelle Goveia: Wedding packages start at $2250

- Emindee Images Photograghy: Wedding packaes start at $2460

- Suna Photography: Wedding packages start at $2500

- Peachy Keen Photography: Wedding coverage starts at $2900

- Vitalic Photo: Wedding packages start at $2900 and offer special pricing to non-Saturday weddings starting at $1800.

- Studio M Photography
    <u><strong>
    3k range</strong></u>
    - Emily Harris Photography: Wedding packages start at $3000
    - Michelle Lawson Photography: Wedding packages start around $3000
  • kdjjkdjj member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I checked into Gloria. Liked her work and thought she was great. We thought her package was nicely priced and included all the elements I was looking for. We had wanted to book her, but had a financial set back. When it came time, her packages had gone up way out of our budget. After losing out on a photographer I like, I was bumbed. I looked at some in my budget, but their work did not impress me. I have found a photographer that is well in my budget. http://kellytphoto.com/?load=html Madamoiselle has a great list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have yet to go into pricing.....Ouch michelle lawson is that much. I was highly interested in them. bummer. @d2va - what's your budget? 
  • d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_photography-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:84c95e7d-9296-465c-a081-78ddb90e04e0Post:a040abb4-698f-43a6-9a10-3f10a299c6d8">Re: Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have yet to go into pricing.....Ouch michelle lawson is that much. I was highly interested in them. bummer. @d2va - what's your budget? 
    Posted by mandibride2be[/QUOTE]

<div>My total budget is 10k for ceremony and reception, flowers, centerpieces, catering, liquor. </div><div>
    </div><div>I know it can get it done at that price! or a little over! THANK GOD ! lol</div><div>
    </div><div>...Im lucky to have my parents offer to pay the 10k. If I can get everything for cheaper than they will pay for photo too, but if not I will pay for photography so its not a HUGE deal. My my FI straight up laughed in my face about the photo package for $3,500</div><div>
    </div><div>lol</div><div>
    </div>
  • Michelle Lawson did a sorority sister of mine and she doesn't great work, but didn't realie she was that pricey...mmmm....   I'm looking for photographers too that is next on my list. Check out George Photography they were recommended by the venue I booked, I met with him at there open house and saw some of his books, very nice and reasonable priced, I think the highest was 2600 with album.
  • kdjjkdjj member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Photography was a thorn in my side.  Seriously, when looking for one, I started to question why we didn't just elope. 

Hooten Photography was another contender.  They have a package (2 photogs) for somewhere around 2200 I think...at least that's what it was when I was looking.

Good Luck ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_photography-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:84c95e7d-9296-465c-a081-78ddb90e04e0Post:8296fadd-b27b-460a-95e3-a5cceaf621ef">Re: Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Photography? : My total budget is 10k for ceremony and reception, flowers, centerpieces, catering, liquor.  I know it can get it done at that price! or a little over! THANK GOD ! lol ...Im lucky to have my parents offer to pay the 10k. If I can get everything for cheaper than they will pay for photo too, but if not I will pay for photography so its not a HUGE deal. My my FI straight up laughed in my face about the photo package for $3,500 lol
    Posted by d2va[/QUOTE]

Another affordable photographer is Browntography. Check her out on FB.
  • Chelsea Erwin Photography
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • After tons of research and trying to stay under my budget of $1000, I finally decided to use Ville Focus Photgraphy.....I really love their work! They are 2 sisters, Jasmine and Hannah Villanueva and they were so sweet when I met with them.....I know their prices recently went up as they are becoming more popular, but they are still very affordable and provide a lot.....check them out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ville-Focus-Photography/407174416006237
  • One more thing I would like to add for the soon to-be brides who are starting to look at photogs......chemistry with your photog is a must!!!! A photographer's personality can turn on or off your feelings towards their work (even if you like their work). We met with a photog before we booked Gloria and we didn't go with her because my husband did not gel with her at all. When we met with Gloria...it's like we knew each other from a long time ago and our chemistry with her made us feel so comfortable when we took our pictures and it shows! GL!! :D
  • I was overwhelmed with how much everything was coming out to be! I am very happy so far with my choice on photographer! I chose someone who was just starting out because of their affordability. Since I've booked them they have seen more of their work and am actually excited that I chose them! Check out Snap Photography and Design! Let them know Darlene sent you ;
  • I was overwhelmed with how much everything was coming out to be! I am very happy so far with my choice on photographer! I chose someone who was just starting out because of their affordability. Since I've booked them they have seen more of their work and am actually excited that I chose them! Check out Snap Photography and Design! Let them know Darlene sent you ;
  • abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Another good one that I don't think has been mentioned is Simply Captivating Photography (Melissa) and her husband (Javier) can do videography...captivated films.  HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards