Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Married couples

2»

Re: Married couples

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_married-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aaa0588c-314c-4cab-9d74-bbaf0e2d8ff9Post:1c357c96-c79c-48dd-8cc0-c3147f863671">Re: Married couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married couples : I was going to just be a snarky troll today,  I know a PP suggested this, but OP seemed to miss it, so I thought maybe it needed to be spelled out. ETA: and vonclancy types faster than me, haha
    Posted by kAtEOffTheCuff[/QUOTE]

Yes I did miss it, thanks, and yes thanks for not being snarky ;-), looks like we have enough people who started new accounts today due to April Fool's. I didnt know playing jokes on people for a day also meant acting a fool.
  • Options
    If both are in the wedding party at the same level (that is, either they are both MOH and BM or bridesmaid and groomsman), by all means pair them up.  I don't see why not.

If they are both in the wedding party, and one is an MOH or BM but the other is a bridesmaid or groomsman, I don't think they need to be paired up.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_married-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aaa0588c-314c-4cab-9d74-bbaf0e2d8ff9Post:bdbadbc6-73ca-4f4b-94a7-1a73a0d1aed4">Re: Married couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married couples : You got me.  I totes created a new account, then hacked TK so that I could alter my join date to look like it was 5 years ago and add 28k posts to my post count.  All to make the lamest April Fools joke ever.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I was in no way talking about you.
    I was talking about the people who set up their account yesterday and today and are writing things like

"I am going to have 5 showers so that and have 5 different themes with all the same people"
    or for example on my thread "If my man saw me walking with someone else he would flip, have your wedding party walk with their husband, fi, boyfriend or booty call"
    They opened their accounts 03/31/13 and 04/01/13 and are writting troll things like that.

I am not apologizing for this one- I said it correctly, and you quoted me, "people who opened their accounts yesterday and today for April Fool's jokes"

So stop getting defensive and being condescending.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_married-couples?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aaa0588c-314c-4cab-9d74-bbaf0e2d8ff9Post:fdbabcf7-df14-4208-846b-937026ad48e1">Re: Married couples</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Married couples : Well, I'm the only one whose ass you have directly climbed up for replying, so you can see how it would be confusing, no?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

the second time I quoted you was ONLY to apologize and reiterate something that seemed to offend you.
    And no I am not confused about WHEN you opened your account. I can very well see that you opened it quite some time ago. Therefore, I didnt see any mix ups, quoting you previously, or not.

And if you missed it, I have also said Thank You EVERYONE at one point, but I guess you missed that. And no, I would really prefer staying away from climbing up anywhere on anyone.

P.s. I find it a bit hypocrital that in other threads you get on people for saying "I feel attacked, you guys arent giving me the info that I need, I hate the knot you women are mean here etc etc, etc..." (when they arent being attacked, or ganged up on etc, just given information they dont want to hear) And yet you are saying I climbed up your butt for doing nothing to you, just as the women getting defensive in other posts and whining about getting valuable information except what they wanted to hear. I simply responded to your post because I didnt want you, or anyone reading, thinking I was intentionally "ranking people". I asked a better way to do it. Reiterating that and asking a better way to do it, oh and apologizing I might add, is not climbing up your butt.
  • Options
    Andama08Andama08 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Most weddings I go to the BM and GM are paired by height. I've seen married couples paired with others because of it, usually with another family member (cousin, aunt or uncle). I'd personally ask each couple how they felt about it first and if they are ok with it go ahead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards