New Jersey

How do you think about 7pm wedding???

Hi!! Im getting married next year and about to sign the contract for my venue. Since we have small party of 50 and want saturday evening wedding, only option available is starting at 7pm.
Isnt it too late? The concerns are..

Half of guests have to drive 1hr to go back home after ceremony(yea they live in NYC)

There will be some kids and older people (I dont think they can stay late..)

What if they dont get food til 8pm? (yea the worst problem.. there will be some miltary guys)

The only good thing is we have no plan to dance!! still worrying.. Should I give up this venue? I fell in love with this venue though.. I have 2nd choice which is perfect for everything else exept the interior that I didnt like much. hm.. I wanna hear what you guys think!!

Re: How do you think about 7pm wedding???

• ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2013
    I think 7pm is fine.  Our reception is starting at 8pm after cocktail hour beginning at 7pm and we are having a friday night wedding.  Most of our guests will be traveling at least 40 minutes as most of our families are scattered throughout the northern part of New Jersey, with a few being farther south.  

ETA:  what venue is it?  just being nosy LOL. Tongue Out
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our cocktail hour is starting at 7pm, which is not my ideal but I think it's fine. I had the same thing - fell in love with a venue and said "just make it work!"

My main concern is how do I fill the rest of the day...waiting around until 5 to have the cermony is going to make me a ball of nerves all day!
  • Amanda, from what I hear you spend most of the day getting ready and taking pictures.  It'll go by so fast and before you know it it'll be 5pm.  Again, what I've heard LOL.
    Anniversary

• I will agree with all the other ladies - I believe a 7pm is completely fine and reasonable! Congrats on finding your place & enjoy your venue :)

Ps our ceremony is at 6:30; cocktail hour at 7 & reception is at 8!
    Anniversary

Vacation
  • Your original post was a little confusing. What time does the ceremony start? I see no issues with a 7 pm wedding unless you have a crazy gap...that would make it pretty inconvenient for your guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony at 7:30pm, cocktail hour and reception at 8:30??? I think..Too late huh?

• It's Maritime Parc in JC
  • @50ShadesofMe - Isn't that if the ceremony is at the more standard 3pm wedding? It won't take me 8am - 5pm to get ready!! Maybe I should find somewhere to take a calming yoga class in the morning....haha
  • @Amanda:  LOL.  I figured I'm probably going to start getting ready at like 11-1pm window because of hair, makeup and my bridal party needs to get ready too.  Probably go for a nice brunch with my parents before hand since we are mot likely getting ready at a hotel near the venue.  
    Anniversary

• 7 pm is perfectly fine, especially for a Saturday night. It usually runs for 5 hours, so an end time would be 12 MN which is typical for a Saturday night out.
  • My ceremony starts at 7.  We have one hair person and 1 make up person, so they are starting at 8:30.  Reveal at 3pm, wedding party pics at 4, family pics at 5, signing our ketubah at 6, walk down the aisle at 7!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards