New York-Upstate
Options

Knox Farm Wedding East Aurora, NY

Looking for other brides ideas for their Knox Farm wedding.

Re: Knox Farm Wedding East Aurora, NY

• Options
    So it sounds like I am the first one getting married here.  I'm very laid back and we chose the house before it was even supposed to be the show house. Imagine... I was going to get married there when the walls were still hot pink! That is crazy!
    I went to the show house... it is incredible what they have done with it. I am anxious to see what stays and what goes. No matter what, at least the walls are painted and everything is clean and polished.

We are doing a stations wedding inside the house, simply becasue of the complexity and cost of having it outside. Our ceremony is at 5pm and then the bar and food starts right at 5:30.  5:30-6:30 - appetizers  6:30-7:30 - carving station and pasta  7:30-10 - dessert table and choc fountain.

We are using the "breakfast room" and the outdoor screened in patio (if you go through the secret bookcases) as our bars.  We only have about 110 guests, so we can make all this happen indoors.  We are going to try to have everyone stay within the three main rooms but we will be using the Kodak Mural Room as our "family" room.  Memorial Candles, cake, pictures, etc.
  • Options
    I did the same thing- booked it when it was still going to be hot pink! I didn't care, I thought it was perfect immediately. When we booked, Peggy said there were only 2 other weddings confirmed at the time. When I spoke to her at the show house she said the last couple of brides she booked confirmed without even seeing the inside of the house since they had already started redecorating. I'm sure they won't be disappointed!

We are only doing our reception there, our ceremony will be off site. The thought of having to set up everything and then take it down and be out by 11pm seems a bit daunting, but I will hope for the best.

Is anyone renting patio furniture for the outside terrace? Peggy had said it would have an awning but apparently that fell through with the Junior League.
  • Options
    We booked a suite at the east aurora hampton inn. I am going to do the majority of my getting ready there (hair, makeup, etc) but I think I am going to put my actual dress on upstairs in the "sleeping room" that is all open air and windows all around.  I decided not to do everything there because I was afraid it was going to be too hot.   I am also worried about it being very hot and uncomfortable during the actual reception but I guess its too late to worry about that!!!

At one point we were going to be renting a tent outside because there is really no good way to accomdate seating for a formal dinner inside. That is why we switched to a stations wedding in order to keep it inside.  We needed fewer tables this way and we felt that it embraced the overall uniqueness of the house. We did worry about a fragmented party with all the different rooms, so we desgined our bars and stations to hopefully encourage people to keep coming back to the three main rooms.   

As far as outside patio furniture, we aren't going to do anything more than some benches out there and some cocktail tables.  Again, we thought that would help encourage them to stay within the three rooms. 
  • Options

We are having 180+ guestsfor our wedding.  We have rented a tent for dinner, and are htinking we should probably rent a dance floo for it, but I'm trying to find a way to utilize the space of the mansion more.  We will use it for cocktail hour, but it seems like a waste to have everyone outside in a tent for the rest of the time.  How are other people with larger weddings doing this?

• Options
    I'm just looking into hosting my wedding at Knox in 2014.  Would you mind sharing who you are using for catering and rentals?
  • Options
    We will probably have 180+ as well.  So we are setting up dinner outside with a tent.  We definitely wanted to utilize the mansion more as well, so we are doing cocktail hour inside, and after dinner we are moving everyone inside for dancing and dessert.  We're planning on using the main room as the dance floor =]

Monica, where are you renting your tent from?

We're using David Kirsh with Catered Creations for our catering.  He is amazing and willing to do anything you want... and his prices are good!

Does anyone know if they kept any furniture/lighting fixtures from the show house?  I was told they would but I want to make sure.
  • Options
    I'm going to check out the property tomorrow evening.  I did not see it during the show house event, but I'll let you know what furniture/lighting fixtures are left. 
  • Options
    Hi All,

This is great! We are getting married June of 2014 and trying to plan everything now - which is hard when there haven't been many weddings at Knox Farm! 

We are only doing the reception at the mansion. Our current plan is to have cocktail hour 4:30-5:30, dinner outside 5:30-7 and dessert/dancing inside from 7-10. We haven't decided on any vendors yet so I would love to hear what you all are doing  - to know what works and what doesn't.

• Options

We wanted to use David Kirsch, but he was booked.  We are using Bravo in Elma and so far they have been great, and with reasonable prices.  The tent we are renting from this guy that we got from my fiance's cousin.  He is cheaper than any of the other places we have looked.  I imagine he'd be happy to have additional businsess, but let me ask him first.  He's only charging $1350 for 40x60 tent, and the tables nad chairs.  There are some fixtures, some tables, and a few chairs.  My caterer is there for an event next weekend and she said she'll let me know what they have. 

What are people doing for tent lighting.  I wonder if we need it that much, if dancing will be in the mansion after dinner.  What do you guys think?

• Options
    We are getting married at Knox Farm in next summer.  We recently met with David Kirsch and he's holding our date, but for those of you who used him...who did you use for the bar?  

Also, any suggestions for table/chair rentals?
  • Options
    The website to rent the main house is friendsofknoxpark.org

Is anyone having their ceremony at the main house?  I am looking for ideas of where to have the ceremony outside.  I am getting married at Knox in August of 2014.
  • Options

The Knox Farms website is not very helpful!  If you contact them and email the "house manager" you'll have better luck getting specific information. 

I am planning the ceremony at the main house, as well as the reception, and was thinking right off the back patio would be ideal!  I think it offers the best view of the scenery.  Difficulty is then...where to put the tent to not block the view or interfere with the ceremony?...

• Options
    Does any one have any pictures of the estate that they can post? I'm trying to get a better idea of what it looks like before I decide if I want to make the trip to visit (I'm from out of town)
  • Options
    I am planing on using the back yard area for the ceremony.  I think it would be nice having the girls walk through the back door, down the ramp.  The fountain area could also be a possibility if they would just fix it up a bit.  My worry is what if it rains.  There really isn't a big room in the house to conduct a ceremony.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards