June 2014 Weddings

Are You Doing Anything for Your Negative Anniversary?

FI came up with the idea and I kind of like it.

FI and I are thinking about taking a trip early June and calling it our "Universary".  Things have been crazy busy at work for the both of us and the summer is booked solid, we wanted to take a trip just as alittle breather before all the summer activites to come. 

So where do we go?  We're in the Midwest(Wisconsin) and covered most areas around us.  It's going to be short (3 days) due to lake of vacation time, and anywhere in the continental US (we have airline points to burn).  Some thoughts were Disney - 3 Days not enough, New York, New Orleans.  Where have you gone that is a fun vacation?

Re: Are You Doing Anything for Your Negative Anniversary?

• This is a fun idea! We'll probably just acknowledge it, maybe make dinner together, depending on work schedules. The weekend before is our marriage prep retreat, so that's kinda something. What I will be doing is the day after (the 29th) will be my first day looking for wedding dresses!

Our favorite vacations have been to Grand Marais and New Ulm (both in MN). But that's because we're pretty low key. A B&B and walking about a small town is the perfect vacation for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love this idea! I haven't thought about it, but maybe we will do a long weekend somewhere. 

Our favorite place to visit is New Orleans. We live in Chicago and have gone to New Orleans a number of times. Three days would defiantly be enough time to explore the French Quarter and take the St. Charles streetcar through uptown :)
  • We have been laughing about having a -1 year anniversary.  My brother and his fiance picked a wedding day one year and one day before us, so we will be just getting over their wedding on our "Universary".  It will be fun to celebrate one year of marriage with them on our wedding weekend next year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards