Outdoor Weddings
Options

Suggestions Needed

So we signed with our venue last Sept. When we signed he stated he was going to have a permenant structure up for the outdoor ceremony (not a tent like normal), this was a big attraction to signing there.  Well we went to the venu last week and there is no structure there is still just a tent up and the tent is super dirty and ripped everywhere. It looks horrible.  We were looking at different ways to try and cover this stuff up but its going to cost us over 400 bucks for fabric and decorations. 

Our wedding is two weeks away and have no idea what to do.  Is it unreasonable to ask him to rent a new tent, or to reimburse us if we buy all of the other decorations to cover the blemishes up? 

Re: Suggestions Needed

• Options
    i think you have 2 options 
    1- make him get a new tent
    2- decorate the tent but make him cover the costs..

i think both are reasonable options espcially if its in the contract-- have you spoken with him about this?
  • Options
    In Response to Suggestions Needed:
    [QUOTE]So we signed with our venue last Sept. When we signed he stated he was going to have a permenant structure up for the outdoor ceremony (not a tent like normal), this was a big attraction to signing there.  Well we went to the venu last week and there is no structure there is still just a tent up and the tent is super dirty and ripped everywhere. It looks horrible.  We were looking at different ways to try and cover this stuff up but its going to cost us over 400 bucks for fabric and decorations.  Our wedding is two weeks away and have no idea what to do.  Is it unreasonable to ask him to rent a new tent, or to reimburse us if we buy all of the other decorations to cover the blemishes up? 
    Posted by CareyH210[/QUOTE]
    I would go with the same suggestion. Tell him it was in the contract that there was to be a useable structure and the one he has provided is not usable, they need to cover the repair or new rental cost
  • Options
    We have tried to call him yesterday and today with no return call back. I am about to try and call him again.  He was so easy to get ahold of before, but now not so easy.  With under two weeks left I'm hoping to get this fixed soon. 
  • Options

If that is what promised then he must deliver or compensate you guys in some way. That’s is not right. No one would want a shabby tent in all of there wedding photos.

Maybe you can make a quick fix and cover it with pretty fabric like lace or something. Good luck! I really hope this guy dos the right thing!

• Options
    In Response to Re: Suggestions Needed:
    [QUOTE]If that is what promised then he must deliver or compensate you guys in some way. That’s is not right. No one would want a shabby tent in all of there wedding photos.  Maybe you can make a quick fix and cover it with pretty fabric like lace or something. Good luck! I really hope this guy dos the right thing!
    Posted by mmmiler346[/QUOTE]

mmiller.  Why, after so many people have asked you to do so, haven't you been willing to change your font size?
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to Suggestions Needed:
    [QUOTE]So we signed with our venue last Sept. When we signed he stated he was going to have a permenant structure up for the outdoor ceremony (not a tent like normal), this was a big attraction to signing there.  Well we went to the venu last week and there is no structure there is still just a tent up and the tent is super dirty and ripped everywhere. It looks horrible.  We were looking at different ways to try and cover this stuff up but its going to cost us over 400 bucks for fabric and decorations.  Our wedding is two weeks away and have no idea what to do.  Is it unreasonable to ask him to rent a new tent, or to reimburse us if we buy all of the other decorations to cover the blemishes up? 
    Posted by CareyH210[/QUOTE]

Did you rely on a verbal statement alone?  If you did not have this written into your contract, then I'm afraid you have a "his word versus yours" scenario.  And the fact that management is suddenly unresponsive to your calls also seems worrisome.

With two weeks left before the wedding, I would suggest you make a personal visit to the venue and insist on speaking with someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards