Honeymoon Discussions

Spain All Inclusive

Anyone have any suggestions?  Also, potentially Portugal? 

This place is incredible: http://www.royalgardenvillas.com/ but I wish we could find an all inclusive just to make our lives easier.  However, if people have beach resorts that are so incredible I can't miss them (despite not being all inclusive) I'd love to hear those, too!! This post just blew wide open. 

TIA!

Re: Spain All Inclusive

• Probably two weeks? FI loves the beach, I get bored after 4 days.  I thought we may do 5 nights at a beach resort (Canary, Mallorca,... I don't think Croatia or the French Riviera will be above the low 60s, so I'm not sure that's an option) and then take a week to visit a couple of cities.  Luckily, I have a lot of time to think about it, because this is as far as my planning has gone.

Also, as a side note, I looked into French Polynesia yesterday because it's just so beautiful and being in one of those huts above the water seems awesome.  It takes a full 24 hours of travel to get there.  Barf.

• Spain and French Polynesia are SO completely different. Where are you traveling from? The flight to Tahiti is only 8 hours from LAX. That being said, depending on your budget and what you are really looking to get out of your trip, all inclusives are not available in Tahiti and check out Iberostar Resorts. I'm not sure if the ones in Europe are I, but personally, I would not do AI over there. Your budget will probably take you further in Spain as well.

I cannot speak specifically about Spain, but if you have questions about French Polynesia, I've been there quite a few times and can assist

• Oh yes, I know-- there is no rhyme or reason to my search.  It could not possibly be any more random ;) We'll be flying from Pittsburgh.  I looked up flights and they're all 24 hours of travel time.  A girl down the hall from me at work said they did the same, and it's because you're essentially overnight in LA.

We had done AI in the Caribbean, and I just enjoyed everything being taken care of in advance, so that's the only reason I thought of it-- wasn't sure if any European AI would be comparable.  I'll definitely send you a PM if we start leaning toward French Polynesia. Maybe one day I can at least narrow down the part of the world that we will honeymoon in.  Thanks!

• You do not need to overnight in LA. Air Tahiti Nui has a few flights a week that depart around 11pm and fly overnight to Tahiti. They also have daily flights that are either at 1pm or 4:20pm. I can see where there would be an issue trying to get from Pittsburgh to LAX, which probably has a layover, and catching the 1pm. If you want to go that route, look for the flights from LA that depart later in the evening,

• Great advice! Thanks so much! The idea of traveling for 24 hours? Oof. I don't know that I'd do that if it was free!
  • We flew to French Polynesia from NJ.  Getting there was easy.  Left NJ in the morning, had a couple hours in LA, then took the 4:30 to Tahiti.  We got into Tahiti somewhere around midnight, checked in, went to bed and woke up fully rested and ready to go.  Coming home was a much longer travel day due to the limited flights out.  Between all the waiting around and moving between airports it was definitely a solid 24 hours.  But it was all worth it.  :D

I've only been to southern Spain.  Stayed along the beach, but not an all inclusive or resort.  Loved the proximity to beach, restaurants, shopping.  We managed to take day trips to Gibraltar, Morocco, Seville, Granada, etc.  One of my favorite vacations.
  • We are going to Bora Bora from Texas, and catching the overnight from LA to Tahiti. 

I lived in Spain for three years (Madrid) and travelled all over Spain. The beaches are nice, especially Ibiza and Mallorca, but to me it would be a waste of time to go to Spain and just see the beach. There are so many amazing cities in Spain...Barcelona in the north, Madrid in the center, Sevilla, Granada and Cordoba in the south, the islands, and the Basque Country, my favorite. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards