Not Engaged Yet
Options

Random Tuesday Questions

2»

Re: Random Tuesday Questions

• Options

1.       Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water?

Usually filtered

3.       If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be?

Probably Italian, since a lot of my family speaks it.

4.       Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?

No, no, and hell no.

5.       Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?

I'm the oldest.  I have one brother who's not even 2 years younger than me, but he plays the baby so well that I feel like there's a decade between us.

6.       What would be your dream job?

Event Planner.  Sometimes I think about just starting an event planning business on the side anyway and doing it for fun.  If I end up doing the stay at home mom thing when the time comes I'll definitely start up a little business to work on from home.

7.       Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?

Are there people who don't like candy?!  I love any chocolate/caramel combination.

8.       Favorite scent?

Vanilla.

9.       If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you?

No fur babies yet :(  My weirdest quirk is that when I'm really busy I make lists/schedules that list everything I need to do that day and what time I need to do it, essentially scheduling my whole day down to the minute.

11.   Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft?

Nope!  I've never actually tried anything from Pinterest.

12.   Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?

No, not really.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    laurenb09 said:
    Did you say there is a Lush coming to Philly? Please please please?
    Lush SPA.  I'm so excited.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    There is a lush coming to the mall near me, which is about an hour from Philly.  It's 15 from my house I can't wait for it to open.

Anniversary

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @keptinstitches -- She and her H are ok. Their house is still there. Their farm was destroyed and 3 of their horses were killed. They're staying with Coco's parents. The school Coco's mom works at was destroyed as well but the staff and students are ok. They have no power or water. It's so sad :(

• Options
    @rdr716 - How heartbreaking! I am glad they are physically okay, though. Pass along my good wishes if you get a chance.
  • Options

1.       Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water?

Either is fine with me.

3.       If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be?

I’d choose French. I miss speaking it daily.

4.       Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?

Yes, yes, and no. I love my twin brother to death but I don’t want twins.

5.       Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?

I’m the oldest. Beat out my brother by a few hours so we got born in different months even though we’re twins.

6.       What would be your dream job?

Right now I don’t know.

7.       Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?

Yes! My favorite is skittles.

8.       Favorite scent?

Fresh baked bread.

9.       If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you?

My parents have two cats and one dog. One of the cats acts exactly like Garfeild and the dog acts like Odie. Seeing them interact is funny!

11.   Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft?

I tried a truffles recipe from pinterest and added way to much cream then I was supposed to.

12.   Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?

On Thanksgiving all my family, all our family friends and whoever they invite cram into my aunt’s house for a huge Thanksgiving dinner potluck. It’s wonderful. That’s where I met now FI 19 years ago.

On a side note, I finished making my invites! I already posted pictures in the DIY board so here's the link: Clicky!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water? 
    Filtered

If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be?
    French.  Ironically, I don't know any.  I just think it sounds pretty.

Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?
    No. No, but FI is an identical twin (the non-genetic kind), and fraternal also runs in his family.  I always thought no, but seeing FI and his brother interact is something special.  I'm close to my sister, but their bond is stronger than any other sibling relationship I have ever seen.

Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?
    Oldest of four.

What would be your dream job?
    No idea.  Sometimes I think I would like to own a clothing store so I could wear all the clothes.

Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?
    Anything chocolate.  I probably love Dove mini's the most.

Favorite scent?
    FI just out of the shower.

If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you? 
    My cat Simon.  He's antisocial and only likes me.  He weighs about 20lbs and is huge.  He could probably eat someone, but he's too afraid to get anywhere near someone else.

Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft? 
    I have an insane amount of recipes that I've tried.  I made BBQ crockpot pulled pork last night from a pinterest recipe.  So yummy!

Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays? 
    We eat a lot of traditional Slovak foods at Christmas and Easter.   I usually don't know how to spell them.  My favorite holiday Slovak food are apricot rolls.  I need to figure out how to make them GF:(
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Options
    Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water? 
    Filtered.

If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be?
    Japanese! It's my favorite language!!

Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?
    No, no, and god no.

Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?
    I'm the older. I have a younger sister.

What would be your dream job?
    I really like my job, but sometimes I wish I was a Japanese teacher. I miss that part of my life.

Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?
    Yes, and York Peppermint Patties are a favorite.

Favorite scent?
    Freya's head! Seriously, that dog smells so sweet as long as you stay away from her vile mouth.

If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you? 
    I can't even begin to explain the quirks of our three dogs.

Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft? 
    I have never used Pinterest nor do I intend to.

Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?
    Besides just generally hating each other during them, no.

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    1.   I'm usually fine with tap.  I drink bottled at work, though, because the tap water smells funny.

3.   I know a little Spanish, so let's go with that.

4.  Nope, nope, and no thanks.  :)

5.  Oldest.

6.  Writer of some sort.  I used to say novelist, but now I think maybe essayist.

7.  Yes.  Reese's.

8.  I love the smells of leather and rubber.  If you could bottle new car scent, I would bathe in it.

9.  My dog refuses to share a water bowl with our cats or any other dogs.  He has to have his own.  He ate horse poop the other day (took him hiking on an equestrian trail), but share water?  No way.

11.  I fail at actually trying anything of the million things I've pinned.

12.  We play disc golf on Christmas Eve almost every year.

• Options
    zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013

1. Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water?

I don't like water. Any water. I can taste the pipes D: However, bottled is more tolerable. For the most part I can't stand tap. Yuck. I find distilled water to be the closest thing to enjoyable.

3. If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be?

Well, in a practical world, I guess Spanish. It's really awkward at work when I don't have a Spanish speaker available. In a funsies world, Japanese. I love that language!

4.  Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?

I don't think so, but my mom was adopted so who knows. But as far as anyone in my close-ish family is concerned, no twins. I'm not really into children, so two at once would do me in.

5.  Are the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?

Middle. I was happy with my older sister (well...after we were school aged :P), but didn't really care for my younger sister.

6.  What would be your dream job?

Basically what I'm doing now. I'm a vet tech, but my ultimate goal is to be an actual DVM one day.

7. Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?

Chocolate. I will eat all the chocolate. And Pez. Mmm Pez.

8. Favorite scent?

I love the smell of old wooden drawers. I always end up sticking my face in there and taking a few huge whiffs.

9. If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you?

I have a crap-ton of pets, all with strange quirks. I think the weirdest one is the cat that forgets where he is and gets lost in his own house, so cries his head off. In his defense, he's a bit brain damaged, but still.

11. Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft?

I don't really do Pinterest. But I tend to come up with a bunch of ideas that I botch anyway.

12. Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?

Not really. FI and I started our own tradition a few years ago that we call, "Christmas dinner around the world." Basically each year, we choose a country and make Christmas dinner out of their foods. The most recent was Thai food. This started because our first Christmas alone together in our own apartment we were desperately broke, but we had taco makin's. So, Christmas Tacos :P

• Options

1.       Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water? Bottled/filtered water

3.       If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be?Spanish

4.       Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?No to all 3.

5.       Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?Oldest of 5

6.       What would be your dream job?Writer. 

7.       Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?Chocolate.

8.       Favorite scent?Hmm, not sure. Are we talking perfume or just scents in general? If we are talking perfume, I will have to say that it is a tie between Chanel Noir and Burberry The Beat.

9.       If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you?I do not have a pet. I'm not sure. I guess it would be not drinking the bottom of any drink .

11.   Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft?No. I pin things and then never do them. 

12.   Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?I don't really think they are unique, but we do have traditions. 

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    bbbb78bbbb78 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @laurenb09  mmm clean laundry for sure

@LivLeighton  i HATE new car smell.  it is also associated with my grandfather for me, but not because he was a crazy driver, just because he leased a new car every 3 years so the smell NEVER WENT AWAY.  it was such a torturous decision as a small child because of course i wanted to ride in the car with grandma and grandpa, but it was so nauseating lol.
  • Options
    Elle1036 I also love the smell of leather. :)
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    I know it's Wednesday, but I'm bored.

1.       Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water?

Either or.  I'm not picky.

3.       If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be? 

Irish Gaelic.  I want to learn it so badly!  

4.       Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins?

Nope. Twins do not run in my family.  I wouldn't mind having twins.

5.       Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up?

Oldest.  I hated being the oldest child.  My mother was a younger child so she spoiled my little brother.  My dad was an oldest child, but he didn't care.

6.       What would be your dream job?

In a perfect world, I'd be smart enough to go to university and med school.  In a perfect world, I'd be a coroner.

7.       Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type?

I love candy.  No particular favorites, just whatever I feel like at the moment when I buy it.

8.       Favorite scent?

The smell after it starts raining.  That smell makes me happy.

9.       If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you?

Olive really dislikes female humans.  She can't stand me or any female I bring over.  But the moment it's a male human, she's in love and is the friendliest cat ever.

11.   Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft?

I've never done anything from Pinterest.

12.   Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?

Nope.  We're about as boring as they come for holiday traditions.

• Options

Elle1036 said:

8.  I love the smells of leather and rubber.  If you could bottle new car scent, I would bathe in it.

That's really funny, because new car scent makes me gag. So does the smell of leather. Whenever I get a new car, I have to air it out for hours at a time so it loses its scent.

However, I'm pretty sure this is because my grandfather always had new cars with leather, and he drove like a freaking maniac and when I was a kid I was always certain I was going to die in his car.

Weirdo.

I also love (like super love) the smell of new tennis balls. They smell a lot like new cars, and that smell pretty much the whole reason I play tennis.
  • Options
    laurenb09 said:

@Elle1036 would like the smell of balls

Only fuzzy balls.
  • Options
    1. Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water? Filtered
    2. If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be? 
    Chinese, because it pertains to my career.
    3. Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins? 
    There are some twins in my family, but, not my closest family. However, my SO's step sister has twins and they're fun, so I think it might be fun to have twins, although, they would be a handful.
    4. Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up? Only child and growing up, I did want siblings because I was bored a lot.
    5. What would be your dream job? 
    Language Corps Teacher or Zoo Keeper, either way, it'd be an adventure every day.
    6. Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type? I love anything that's junk food. My favorite candy is Twizzlers.
    7. Favorite scent? Fruity smells, home-cooked meals, flowers
    8. If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you? My cat loves ice cream. Sometimes she'll sit in front of the freezer and meow for it.
    9. Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft? Not yet, but, we shall see, I might end up trying to make cute little bunny biscuits that look like demon biscuits lol.
    10. Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays?
    Not really, other than the fact that we're all crazy lol.
  • Options
    thejinxchanthejinxchan member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited June 2013

Sorry I'm answering an oldish thread.. I've got serious jetlag and I'm bored.. :( 

1. Do you drink bottled/filtered water or just plain ole tap water? Bottled. Tap water in Dubai is said to be safe, but I don't trust it.

2. If you could choose one language (other than English) to speak every day, what would it be? Tagalog (Filipino) as is my mother tongue.. I know a bit and try to learn it but I'm lazy. :/

3. Do twins run in your family? Are you a twin? Would you want twins? No, no and yes.
    4. Are you the oldest, middle, youngest, or only child? If you’re an only child, did you want siblings growing up? Youngest, wouldn't want it any other way. I've learned a lot from my older siblings watch them grow up ahead of me.
    5. What would be your dream job? An on-air correspondent, much like what Giuliana Rancic does (NOT for Fashion Police, but E! News)
    6. Do you like candy? What’s your favorite type? Not really, but I do love anything that is peanut butter and chocloate.
    7. Favorite scent? Smell of rain, plumeria, men's cologne
    8. If you have a pet, what is the weirdest quirk about them? If you don't have a pet, what's the weirdest quirk about you? My housemate has a cat.. and she LOVES men...
    9. Have you ever had a Pinterest fail? For example when trying a new recipe or craft? Not yet, but there are loads I want to try!
    10. Does your family have any unique traditions for holidays? We always end up playing a video game (lately it's Dance Central, Rock Band or Mario Party) or sometimes we go old school and break out of the board games.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards