African American Weddings

RCAP

RCAP Thursday- Pamper Day-

Did'nt do much. Took the kiddos to school and went straight to the nail show. Got me a good ole manicure and pedicure and Oh Boy was it good. Picked up my cousin from the airport at about 2pm and he wanted to go shopping so we went to the mall and just kicked it until it was time to get the kiddos. We we're scheduled to pick up the guys tuxs at 7pm, so hubby, my son and my cousin went to try on their tuxs and hubby HATED the way his tux and my son tux looked. I'm like babe just wear it- you already paid for it so its best you go ahead and wear it. He was not trying to hear what I was saying. He's the type that will iron his clothes to go to the mailbox so I knew I had lost that argument. The mall was getting ready to close so we didnt have time to look for anything, so of course I went to bed stressed.

Friday- Woke up looked in the mirror and I had bumps everywhere. I'm like WTH. I have NEVER seen bumps like that in my life, they were everywhere yall. I called my friend who works at a dermatologist office, she told me to come in and she will give me some pills and cream, ok cool went and got my meds. Got back from getting pills and Hubby, My cousin and I proceed to the mall and attempt to find him somthing to wear. Went to JC Penny( I swear we stayed in there for about 4 hours). I told hubby that we were not leaving until he found somthing. After what seemed like forever, he finally found him and my son a nice lil fit. OK Stress over. My parents and aunts were expecting to arrive about 5pm. so I went home cleaned and catered a meal from Dickeys BBQ. Parents arrive and my mom disclose that she wasnt able to find anything to wear and that she needed to go shopping. I asked myself " where's the camera's" I just knew I was being pranked. It was getting to late to go shopping so I told my mom that we could go in the morn.

Saturday- Rehearsal Day & Bachlorette Woke up- Face still a hottmess.com but I didnt let it get to me. I took the cream and pill that my friend provided and just went on about my day. I kept stressing over it cause I usually have a clear face so when people were looking me in the face I thought they were staring at my bumps and I would say " I know I got bumps" to them. haha I'm crazy yall. Ok so mom and I head to the mall. We went to Ross and I told mom we have no option but to find something in there We looked and looked and looked AND LOOKED. Finally I found something that I thought would look great on mom, she tried it on and THANK YOU JESUS she loved it. Ok leave mall and I was scheduled to pick my flowers up from Kroger so I could make my bouquet. Went to Kroger and they LOST my flower order. " Where's the camera's again" I did not loose my patience. My mom kept saying "Bless your Heart" lol. The guy kept saying did you order from me, I'm like yea, you took my order and YOU gave me ideas and you even wrote them down cause I was looking at you. He told me to pick out the flowers I wanted and I did. He said I'll give you all these for free for the inconvience. THANK YA JESUS. Head home and my Aunt & Uncle who caters for a living was at my home preparing rehearsal dinner food. I take a shower, got dressed and my maid of honor and myself head to the hotel to take all decorations and overnight clothes since hubby and I were staying at the hotel saturday and Sunday. Arrived in the lobby and my lovely coordinator was there. ** If $$$ allows I suggest everyone get a coordinator- it was so worth the money.** She was getting all the girls and guys together to practice the march. I had a certain march I wanted them to do. OK so it's time to go through the whole ceremony starting with the parents. Coordinator told me to get the parents together so they could walk. I called my mom's name and she acted as if she didnt hear me. A lil background on mom. She is NOT a people person, I swear I think people scare her. She dont talk much around people she dont know. she's kind of a loner etc. But during this WHOLE year of planning, my mom assured me that it's my day and she is willing to do anything to make me happy including walking with someone she didnt know. OK back to rehearsal. Best Man was suppose to walk my mom in but when the coordinator paired them up my mom started crying, IM LIKE WTH. She had a lil fit and suggested my cousin who was a groommens to walk her in. I'm like NO mom, I dont want him walking down the aisle twice. I started to get pissed and the tears started rolling. I ran outside and 3 of my aunts and hubby followed. They gave hugs and suggested to just let my cousin walk my mom in. I was upset and just said yea. Rehearsal over, head back to my house for dinner. Mom goes upstairs and dont even come down to eat, speak to our guest or anything. I expected it but I thought it would be different since mom and I had a discussion about this prior to the wedding. OK dinner over and I give the girls their gifts. Everyone was crying, they loved the personalized touch to it. I wrote a lil personalized thank you note for each of the girls and attached it to their bags. After that, Bachlorette party time. We head to this fairly new club that I've heard so much about. OMG we have a blast. I wanted to reserve a area but it was too expenisive so she just decided to go without reserving. We get there and they notice the girls I made the girls and told us we can sit in the VIP section. YAYYYY. we kicked it all. The DJ Kept giving me shout outs and everyone kept congratulating me. It was awesome. So yall know the girls and I did the LOVE on TOP dance at the wedding so of course I had the DJ play it so we could practice haha. We danced and everyone was chilling us on. I swear I owned that club that night. Leave club around 1:30- head to hotel for some zzzzzzzz.

Sunday- Wedding Day Woke up, the girls & I prayed and of course I went to mirror and face still messed up. I made up in my mind that I would not let it ruin my day and that a lil make up will cover it up. My coordinator knocks on the door and bought me my favorite starbucks drink- OMG I just love her. I started making my bouquet and it turned out perfect. I'm not a flower person so the simple bouquet I had worked perfect for me. All the girls and guys were at the hotel around 1 and after that everything went so fast. I put on my wedding dress and the girls started to cry. It was most of their first time seeing me in it. Mom comes in and apologized and gave me my somthing old jewelry. She didnt say at that time if she was walking with best man but at least she apologized. Coordinator comes up and say's its time and that's when the nerves kicked in. Bridal Party went in and I notice my cuz who was suppose to walk my mom in standing in line so I knew that the best man had walked my mom in awwwww. They open the doors and I saw hubby and I tried to hold back tears but couldnt. After ceremony we took pics and they showed me the reception area while the guest were at cocktail hour and it was stunning. It was so beautiful. I never imagined that it would look that way. I did alot of DIY( guys bouts, signs, flower girls basket, photobooth etc) so it was good to see the hard work all come to life. The night went by soooo fast. After hubby & I did our first dance, we sat down and hubby said what the heck just happened. He said everything was a blurr. haha. We played the couples game and everyone enjoyed it. The couple left standing had been married 45 years. The night went by fast and guest started leaving due to it being a Sunday so we had to rush and do the spakling exit. It was still light out but the sparklers looked ok to me. Hubby and I went back to the room and went to sleep haha. We were tired.. Everyone kept saying how much they enjoyed the personalized ceremony and reception.

Monday- Day After Wedding FACE CLEAR- NOT A BUMP IN SITE- THAT IS ALL :)

Wedding Video if you would like to see. Special Thanks to Cha for giving me sign idea at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdMbLy-If0&list=FLQa6SmL-tP2sI7JJHiJbxCw

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RCAP

• TOI!!!! I thought this was the recap i already seen so i scrolled down and peeped a link. O.M.G!!! yeaaaaah girl...... I watched ALL them video's that person had uploaded! that bridal entrance was too cute! and then the first dance/ choreographed love on top. AWESOME!!!! Looked like so much fun! going back to read the whole thing now :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LOL. Thanks girl. I think I wrote a book above haha. Im glad you liked the videos, it was so much fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    i READ THE BOOK..and watched all the movies..LOL well first congrats Mrs.!! second im so glad that you got married on a Sunday so you had time to get all that stuff done. isnt that how it always go when we have pimples... when it doesnt matter the face is all clear and when it was show time mr. pimple wanted to show out.. call me slow but just to make sure I understand what did the sign say? was that your new last name?.. I love the idea with the couple that has been married the longest.. I love that that you got the flowers for the free thats awesome but sorry you had to go through that stress to get the flowers

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Girl yes my face was trippin, its like it knew I was getting married haha. Yea the sign is the new last name. The flower girl and ring bearer carried it downthe aisle when we were exiting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG, that was absolutely beautiful! I love the single rose concept & presenting them to the parents. Congratulations and I pray you'll will have a lifetime of happiness. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • leatbaleatba member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Just beautiful Toi. I had tears over here rolling like I was gettin married. Congrats on becoming a MRS!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats, Glad everything turned out well for you!
  • Congrats Mrs. It was beautiful!!!!!
  • Congrats Mrs Whew to your weekend lol
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations Toi!!! Looks like you all had a fun time! Glad you were able to see all your hard work and planning pay off.  You looked beautiful! Welcome to the other side!!!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Toiizloved I just loved reading the full details of your big day and i was tired after all that i felt like i was there running around with you LOL....and awww im glad mom came around and walked with the other groomsman that was awesome that she didnt want to ruin your big day SHOUT OUT TO MOM!  I would have been right there on the dance floor at the club doing the dance with you LOL that sounded like fun girlfriend..im soo happy it all worked out for you and Congrats again Mrs Herron

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards