Snarky Brides
Options

Love it buttons - anonymous or not?

MuppetFanMuppetFan member
5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
edited May 2013 in Snarky Brides
KG think that sufficient people have made a case about "Love It" being anonymous so that people can feel comfortable "liking" something. Here is an anonymous poll that will give us those who didn't write a PM about it.
image   imageimage
You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Love it buttons - anonymous or not? 166 votes

Let us see who "loves" us
95% 159 votes
Keep it anonymous
4% 7 votes

Re: Love it buttons - anonymous or not?

• Options

And it even says under the poll, no one will know how you vote.

• Options
    We should direct people to this poll somehow so more people can weigh in
  • Options
    workin on it
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Maybe we need the candy van again?  @AddieL73
  • Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone else been "loving" as many of the posts supporting removing anonymity on it as much as they can? 

ETA - corrected my typos
    image   imageimage

• Options
    Yes.

Also - MUPPET FOR KNOT GOD
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You got my vote!  Why in the hell would I like something if nobody can see that I liked it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FYI, I just loved your poll.
    Im your huckleberry gif Val Kilmer Tombstone Imgur
  • Options
    I announced it over on NEY.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Maybe we need the candy van again?  @AddieL73
    She can be our poster child. Every post she has gets a bunch of love its.

Yesterday I was amused by one post with a ton of "stickers" on it because I saw all Tarra's avatars together.

Also, I keep thinking about the person's comment from the other day about "a sticker for you, and a sticker for you" when I love a bunch of things and it makes me giggle. I can't imagine how one thing we've given lots of appreciative comments about is seen as a problem.

image   imageimage

• Options
    MuppetFan said:
    Has anyone else been "loving" as much as the posts supporting removing anonymity on it as much as they can? 
    Is this English?

Cross-post the poll among all the major boards (including Reception and WP, since those are big ones with lots of newb traffic) to get a better sample.
    No, I suck. I hate it when I do that. I'm going too fast sometimes and I don't even have an ipad to blame it on.
    image   imageimage

• Options
    Not gonna lie, that van is pretty creepy. 

I really want candy now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I said this over on NEY but I think you should be able to see who has loved and flagged your post. 

• Options
    RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    rdr716 said:
    I said this over on NEY but I think you should be able to see who has loved and flagged your post. 
    Agreed!

• Options
    Allie, the van is creepy, but you got in it!  Good girl. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If that poll really does show that more people want it annonymous, then I won't bring it up again.  I'm even fine with the people who are saying they want it to be private.  I just think the KGs listening to the two people who voted no is a little ridiculous.
  • Options
    I think that neither flags nor loves should be anonymous, and if this decision remains in place, I've got little enough invested in here.  Unlike a lot of regs, I've only been around since January and haven't made any lasting friendships.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that the purpose of @KnotPorscha, @KnotJackie, and @KnotIrene's decision is to drive out those of us who actually try to give real advice to brides instead of going all "OMGZ itz ur day!  u shuld totes hav a cash bar!"
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I think that neither flags nor loves should be anonymous, and if this decision remains in place, I've got little enough invested in here.  Unlike a lot of regs, I've only been around since January and haven't made any lasting friendships.

Then again, I'm pretty sure that the purpose of @KnotPorscha, @KnotJackie, and @KnotIrene's decision is to drive out those of us who actually try to give real advice to brides instead of going all "OMGZ itz ur day!  u shuld totes hav a cash bar!"

I did lol at this, but it truly makes me so sad if it's true. Back in my lurking days of 2011, TK boards (well the old TK) totally set my ass straight. I am forever grateful that I was a great hostess to my guests thanks to advice found on the old TK boards.

But I can "OMGZ totes have a head table and separate couples!!" with the best of them, if that's the game we're playing here.

• Options
    @itzMS, I just loved your post.

I think we should post to a thread every time we love something so that people can know who loved them.
  • Options
    I agree with you, MS. It was from lurking a much rougher TK a couple years ago that I learned how to be a good hostess AND how not to make a fool of myself when I first started posting here this year. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    My last idea of validating all bad ideas for a day backfired, so I have another. What if all of the regs just stop responding to any posts for a day?  It will serve two purposes. 1. Special snowflakes will feel more special since everyone agrees with them and their bad ideas. 2. It will know KGs that this place will be dead without the regs.
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    edited May 2013
    I'm certainly in. 

ETA: Excellent point, Linger. I was thinking that yesterday. The board went from dead to hopping instantly, which will draw in new people soon enough. 

• Options
    Agreed, Stage.  We would have to promote it across the major international boards, and I'd be willing to bet a lot of them won't care.
    Yeah, that's the problem. Everyone would have to be on board with it or it wouldn't work.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    I can pretty much guarantee that NEY would be up for this. 

• Options
    rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    Bring on the love!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My last idea of validating all bad ideas for a day backfired, so I have another. What if all of the regs just stop responding to any posts for a day?  It will serve two purposes. 1. Special snowflakes will feel more special since everyone agrees with them and their bad ideas. 2. It will know KGs that this place will be dead without the regs.
    I really like this idea, but instead of just not posting, maybe we should not visit the site for an entire day. This way we wouldn't be contributing page views either. 
    I'd be productive in real life again that day.
    image   imageimage

• Options

I really like this idea, but instead of just not posting, maybe we should not visit the site for an entire day. This way we wouldn't be contributing page views either. 

Grr. It won't let me click outside the box.  I agree with this.  We would have to be completely gone.  And all of the regs would have to be.

• Options
    I'm in!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards