Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning ladies!
  What a busy weekend we had.  Friday I had off but a friend of ours came to town from NC so we cleaned all morning and had him over for dinner Friday, then went to his art gallery opening here in town.  We ended the night by going with all of the artists to a bar.
  Saturday we had breakfast with the same guy then went yard sailing.  I also spent most of the day making Halloween treats-cake pops, decorated sugar cookies, and cupcakes.
   Sunday I did my normal shopping and listened to the game on the radio since we didn't get it on tv here-AGAIN.  I hope this week goes quickly because I'm going to Pittsburgh on Saturday and I haven't been home in a while.
  Hope everyone has a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning All,

I had a fantastic weekend! We headed to Morgantown on Thursday, tailgated and cheered my Mountaineers to victory! The rain held off and it was so good to see friends from college. It was a blast. Friday, we walked around campus and then had dinner at Kegler's (yum, wings!) with some friends. Saturday, we went to the Morgantown Farmer's Market then headed home. Saturday night, I went out with a friend of mine which was fun, and yesterday we just bummed around. Needless to say, I am not excited to be here today.

H- We stopped in Frostburg for lunch! I was thinking of you. We ate at the Princess Restaurant which was so ridiculously cheap, I couldn't believe it! And their banana pie was awesome!

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I had an ok weekend. Friday night FI worked and I just hung out at home with our puppy and watched TV. Saturday FI worked again so I had to run to the mall quickly in the AM then I went to FIs sisters house and hung out with them for the day. They just bought a new home a few months so they were putting in new countertops in their kitchen. We went to Lowes and got the countertops and then just hung around the house while her husband put them in. We had a good time! Yesterday FI finally had off so we slept in then went to Manhattan Bagels for lunch, ran to Staples to get some ink for our printer then headed home. I have a project due today that I put off until the last minute so I spent the remainder of the day working on that... it took FOREVER! ugh!

So FI has been super unhappy at his job. They've been working him like a dog and he's so exhausted and really just over the place. So I was talking to my mom today and she told me to talk to FI and see what he thinks about maybe moving home to Pittsburgh for the next year or so until we're ready to move to FL... She said she'd even pay the penalty to get us out of our lease! I got super excited about the idea, but don't think it will fly with FI. I am, however, going to propose the idea to him tonight (or tomorrow when I see him next!) There are tons of job opportunities for his line of buisness in Pgh and he would mostl likely have an easy time finding a job. Fingers crossed it goes well! I would LOVE to move home for a bit - Let's just say Philly isn't my favorite place in the world!

H - Sounds like you had a fun weekend!! Glad you were able to spend time with friends!!
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! I had a busy weekend.. Friday I was off work, so I took care of some errands, and then FI and I tried to go see The Town that night. Well we couldn't find the movie theater in the North Hills (only lived here for about 4 months!) so we ended up going to Mad Mex for a marg, and then a small dive-ish bar near our house that we've been wanting to try. Fun fun! Saturday, FI had his buddies over for the Pitt game, and I went to a Lia Sophia jewelery party. Sunday I took my mom to her first ever Steeler game! We had a blast!
    Hope everyone has an easy Monday!
    Heather - I'm with you on hoping this week going quickly!!
    J - glad you had such a great weekend! I too am not thrilled at being here today ;)
    G - fingers crossed that your convo goes ok with FI.. that would be awesome if you could come back to the burgh for a little!!

• Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I also had a busy weekend. Friday was the PYP Gala, which was a lot of fun. They had a Shutterbooth which is always fun! Saturday I did laundry, went to my little's football game to watch her cheer and then BIL and his new fiance came over for dinner to celebrate their engagement. Sunday after church we watched the game at my dad's and went home and did some serious cleaning. I finally swaped my summer clothes for my winter clothes.

Heather- Bummer about the game not being broadcasted!
    Jamie- Sounds like a fun weekend!
    Gianna- That is exciting that you might move home. I don't think I knew you were planning to move to FL. Hope the talk goes well!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM! Why does it have to be Monday already?! :(

The weekend was wonderful! We went to see my brother's football game Friday and Saturday I ran errands. DH and I had the best night last night, we had dinner at Church Brew Works, got a PSL from Starbucks and walked around campus until 9pm Mass at Duquesne. It was SO nice to spend some quality time with him. 

He still works 7 days a week, hopefully I can convince him to quit the weekend job soon!

The board was busy over the weekend! Hopefully it will be today, too!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!  I had a childhood friend in town this past weekend, so we spent a lot of time walking around the city and going to my favorite restaurants in the area - all in all it was pretty fun!  Today is a lot of work - I have a thesis progress meeting in a week and my written report is due today (eek!)  of course, that means ill be procrastinating on the boards!

Sounds like good weekends all around!
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!

I had a fun weekend...Friday I worked until close and then just hung out with FI. Saturday, we went to LisaS's wedding! It was beautiful and so much fun. They're on their way to Riviera Maya for 2 weeks and I'm seriously jealous. Yesterday, I had to work again.

I've also been sick for the past few days, so I'm staying home from school today and trying to get better. I have a test at 5, so I do have to go for that. 

Have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! I had a fun and relaxing weekend. We went to a soup potluck on Sat. night that was so much fun. I definitely indulged- I had 5 bowls of soup! Embarassed So much good food, plus I worked out earlier in the day, so that's my justification. Smile Yesterday we went out to lunch with people from our church and some missionaries that were visiting. They will be going to Croatia, which interests me since I am part Croatian (though don't look it). I wish I had another 3 day weekend.

G- GL with your talk w/ FI and deciding on whether to move. I hope he can find a better job soon, for your sake and his!

Megan- Sounds like a wonderful evening with DH! Hope you get to see him more soon!

Barbie- Hope you're feeling better soon!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Jamie-I wish I had known you were at the Princess!  I can literally walk there from my house!  I could have met up with you!  Maybe next time:-)
    G-Good luck with your situation.  I feel for you.  I would love to move home but DH isn't sure if he wants to move to the city or not.
    DB-I am super jealous you went to the Steelers game.
    Trish-Glad you had fun at the gala!  Sounds like your weekend was busy.
    Barbie-Hope you feel better soon!

Kim- I saw your FB picture with all of the different kinds of soup-it looked great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards