Florida-North Florida
Options

Eden Gardens State Park

Hi All,

I've been looking for a venue for a few days (not long, I know) but I keep going back to Eden Park's information. I'm a little off-put by the idea of other park guests stumbling through my ceremony and no lodging nearby. Have any of you used that venue for the ceremony? If so:
  • Were bugs an issue there? I'm looking at a May wedding
  • Was there affordable lodging nearby that could be used for a reception?
  • How secluded are the ceremony sites?

Thanks!! And, anyone who has used it or chosen not to, what did you like/dislike about the venue?

Re: Eden Gardens State Park

• Options
    Hi!

A friend of mine considered Eden as a possible ceremony/reception site last year.  I went with her to check it out.  So here is what I can remember.

It is a beautiful park, and there are a few different areas where you can have your ceremony as well a reception.  There is the wedding tree where most choose which shows the old historic home and pond in the background, you can also go down by the water, or there is a beautiful rose garden.  Additionally, there is an area with a stage where you could have a reception, or there is a screened in porch like room, with prep kitchen, and adjacent outdoor patio where you could do a reception.  You can have your wedding after park hours if you wish to avoid having random people in the park during your wedding.  But the lady also told us park visitors have never disrupted a wedding before.  There are hotels not far from the park, mostly by the beach so you'd find that.  However, I'm not sure there would be something that could be used for a reception as they are mainly condos or boutique hotels.

Ultimately, she did not choose it because of the restrictions and the overall costs.  There are restrictions on the time you are allowed to be in the park, alcohol, decor, etc.  And, with this venue you'd have to bring everything in from tables, to chairs, to lighting, etc.  

It is very beautiful though!
  • Options
    Thanks!! This is all great information! 

I'm also a little unsure about so many restrictions on decor and everything but I am absolutely in love with all the photos I see!! 

Thank you again for your insight! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards