Michigan-Detroit

Metro detroit Wedding Photos

Finally getting down to the wire on my countdown and need to figure out where we're going to do photos around metro detroit after the ceremony and would love some suggestions and advice!

Our ceremony is in Utica at 12pm and the reception isn't until six at Great Oaks in Rochester. Needless to say we have about 3 hours of quality photo taking time from 1-4:30 ish.

We got a room at the royal park hotel in rochester so right now my plan is to go there check in at 4 when we're able to and maybe we all freshen up before going to do photos on the golf course at Great Oaks.

The only options I have as of now in mind are the whole Detroit thing since my fiance and I are huge Wings and Tigers fans. Would love some of your ladies input on some other possible locations! We have such a long afternoon so I don't want it completely full of photos but maybe a couple of suggestions would be great so I have some options to work with :)

Thank you!

Re: Metro detroit Wedding Photos

• There is Yates Cider Mill in (I think) Shelby Township, great big red building with the wheel, nice park across the street.

There's another post above yours with ideas in downtown Detroit.

• I think getting to downtown Detroit from Utica/Rochester is going to be a PITA. Personally, I'd stay in the area where your ceremony and reception are. In that area, I'd recommend downtown Rochester as a backdrop, and the Royal Park is also really pretty for photos. There's also Meadowbrook, but I assume you'd need permission to shoot there.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Heritage Gardens in Shelby twp is really pretty. You can rent it by the hour. If you wanted to go downtown I think you would have to make it really quick. Fox Theater, Comerica, the Riverwalk are all nice locations. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards