Michigan-Detroit
Options

Best places for bridal party pictures around downtown Detroit?

We are getting married at Old St. Mary's in Greektown and our reception is at 707 East.

Any suggestions for pictures around downtown Detroit?  I have seen some awesome shots around pinterest and online but I'm not sure where all of them are.  We of course we will be stopping by the Fox Theatre, Comerica Park, Ford Field and the River Walk.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Re: Best places for bridal party pictures around downtown Detroit?

• Options
    the DIA has some really beautiful steps, all white near the back. A good photographer will know what Im talking about. Or parts of Belle Isle

• Options
    We did engagement photos at eastern market...they looked amazing with the graffiti in the background!  You could also do campus martius, old wayne county building, guardian building, and of course the michigan central train depot. 
  • Options
    Ditto the DIA, there's also the Guardian Building. We took pictures at the Westin as well (but we were staying there) and then we took lots of photos at our venue (the T-Plex).

We wanted to get pictures on Belle Isle and the RIverwalk, but there were events happening on the Riverwalk the same day as our wedding, and we ran out of time for Belle Isle.
  • Options
    Agree with Belle Isle & the Riverwalk and/or Hart Plaza. You could also do the Dequindre Cut, which has some graffiti if you're going for the more urban look. It might take a bit of walking to get into though, since it's really meant to be pedestrian-friendly and is only car accessible in a couple spots.

We did photos in front of some of the restaurants/diners, which provided a cool backdrop, as well as in Grand Circus Park, and in front of Comerica Park. We would've done Belle Isle if we'd had time.

Since you'll be in Greektown, even walking down Monroe and having all the neon signs in the background can be cool. I've seen photographers do some interesting things with that backdrop.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    midgetp23midgetp23 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2013

We are taking photos downtown too. Right off of the water are good places to take pictures. AS mentioned above, the Dequindre Cut has grafiti and anywhere by Greektown has lots of 'busy' streets with great backdrops. Take the people mover around and see what you can find!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards