Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Tight Window between Ceremony and Sunset

My fiance and I are having our wedding in October of next year. The ceremony would end around 4:30 but sunset is around 6:15-6:30 according to sunsetsunrise.com.  I'm just concerned that this wouldn't be enough time to take photos at the church, travel 15 mins to a local park and take photos there. 

Timeline:
4:30 - Ceremony Ends
4:30-5:00 - Church Photos
5:00-5:15 - Travel to Park
5:15 - 6:15 - Photos at the Park

According to this timeline, we should be fine but I'm just concerned about the lighting.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tight Window between Ceremony and Sunset

• Options
    sheilax3 said:
    My fiance and I are having our wedding in October of next year. The ceremony would end around 4:30 but sunset is around 6:15-6:30 according to sunsetsunrise.com.  I'm just concerned that this wouldn't be enough time to take photos at the church, travel 15 mins to a local park and take photos there. 

Timeline:
    4:30 - Ceremony Ends
    4:30-5:00 - Church Photos
    5:00-5:15 - Travel to Park
    5:15 - 6:15 - Photos at the Park

According to this timeline, we should be fine but I'm just concerned about the lighting.

Thanks!

you may need to shift your timeline or ceremony start time.  First, to get the lighting you want, and second, because the gap between the end of your ceremony and the beginning of your reception is too long.  If your ceremony ends at 4:30, and you aren't planning on being done with photos until 6:15, you are asking your guests to wait almost 2 hours after your ceremony. That's too much. 

You are going to have to decide what's more important. The church photos, the park photos, or maybe even consider doing a "first look" and do all of your church photos before the ceremony.

I would redo your schedule something like this:

First look (before ceremony) (do all church photos) (this schedule assumes that your reception is at the park)

5:00 - ceremony ends

5:00-5:15 - travel to park

5:15-6:00 park photos

6:00 reception begins.

• Options
    My main concern is about the lighting. According to your revised timeline, I'm assuming taking photos that close to sun set will be fine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sheilax3 said:
    My main concern is about the lighting. According to your revised timeline, I'm assuming taking photos that close to sun set will be fine. 

I think they will be fine, but it depends on what you want. I still think your main concern should be not leaving your guests waiting for 2 hours while you try to get the "perfect photo".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards