May 2014 Weddings

Have you bought your dress yet ladies?

edited January 2014 in May 2014 Weddings
Our wedding is May 17th and my parents are paying for everything and my mom wants me to lose 20lbs before she takes me dress shopping! I AM SO EXCITED!! I have narrowed it down to two venues but I am still not sure of my colors/theme -__-
Congrats everyone!
YAYAYAYA
May hurry on up lol

UPDATE: I got my dress back in Oct and I go for my alterations March 15 (:

Re: Have you bought your dress yet ladies?

• I'm also getting married on the 17th and I bought my dress already.  It's an lace trumpet Allure dress with a keyhole back.  I got it in ivory.

I can't seem to get the PIP to work, so here's a link!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very nice and classy! (: and btw I LOVE pandas a little bit OCD haha I have a tatt on my back on one
  • My wedding is May 2nd and I got my dress last month!  It's an Oleg Cassini from David's Bridal.

@Anastasia517 - Love your dress! I actually was in love with a lace keyhole back one too (thought it was my "dream dress"), but I tied I it and it just didn't feel comfortable to me (I felt more naked in that than a strapless dress lol), but that's just me lol. Congrats on finding your dress!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you both. :)

I tried on strapless dresses but they made my chest look really saggy.  I'm sure it had to do with the fact that they were all way too big but I definitely wasn't willing to risk it! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married May 10th.  I bought my dress over a month ago.  It fit perfectly so we took the floor model, and it's hanging in storage at the dress shop right now :)

• I'm getting married May 18th and I got my dress and picked out our venue on the same day! haha :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm getting married May 17.  I ordered my dress at the end of February.  It will be in in Sept/Oct.

I'm wearing an ivory Mori Lee. 

http://www.morilee.com/Bridals/bridal/1909
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @FutureMrsN3312 - Beautiful dress!  I love how the beading flows down the dress.
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • @ArtTeacher23-Thank You!  I can add a sparkly belt.  I loved the way it looked with the belt when I tried it on but it might be too much depending on what veil I get.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm getting married on May 17th also and I have a lace ivory dress. I ordered it in February.
  • I am getting married May 3 and I already ordered my dress. It is from Alfred Angelo and an ivory empire waist ball gown. It has beading and pearls and rouching and I LOVE it!
  • Beautiful dresses, ladies!
    I haven't bought my dress yet...I'll be buying mine at the end of July :)
    Anniversary
  • I'm getting married May 17. I bought my dress two weeks ago. But, I am making a few changes to it, so I wanted to it early so we wouldn't be pressed for time.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I am getting married May 3, and already got my dress about 3 weeks ago! 
  • I'm getting married on May 17th also and I have a lace ivory dress. I ordered it in February.
    Great minds think alike! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married may 25 and I have already purchased my dress its the Karena royale by Maggie sotterro
  • We're getting married on the 17th and no, I haven't picked my dress yet. I have a general idea - very casual... probably something you can get at Express or something, as I'm very low-key - and my mom said she doesn't need to be involved because I don't want to have the traditional "day of getting fitted" like you see on TV. It'll happen soon enough! I'm more focused on venue right now - that's the most important to me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • missjecka said:
    We're getting married on the 17th and no, I haven't picked my dress yet. I have a general idea - very casual... probably something you can get at Express or something, as I'm very low-key - and my mom said she doesn't need to be involved because I don't want to have the traditional "day of getting fitted" like you see on TV. It'll happen soon enough! I'm more focused on venue right now - that's the most important to me!
    That makes sense then.  Mine was pretty low-key too... I went once, then ordered a similar dress online second hand.  It was very similar to the one that was my favourite, but with the two changes that I would have wanted to make to the original anyway (score!).  Dress shopping was fun, but I was happier finding a dress I loved for 50% off than continuing to shop.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're getting married May 3 and I haven't bought my dress yet. I'm trying to lose a little bit of weight first, and my mom needs to have time to come dress shopping with me (she's in very seasonal work, and summer's are very stressful for her). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married May 31. I just bought my dress yesterday and it is a Justin Alexander. All lace mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline. I cannot wait to wear it!
  • the dresses look GREAT ladies I can not wait until May I just Finalized my dress purchase two weeks ago!! I Can not wait until MAY 17!!!
  • Found my dress, was told to come in and order it in September... as I want to lose a little more weight before ordering my size :/ I'm just hoping if I can lose any more weight, that I still like the dress on me! Otherwise I fear I may go into panic mode, lol :)
  • I bought my dress in March for my May 2014 wedding. I didn't have to order and took home that day. She had just got it in and it hadn't been tried on yet. This is the dress I got. It was 1 of 10 dresses brought in from the Mia Solano European collection. http://www.svatbasnu.cz/detail/svatebni-saty-M1227L/1/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @KikiMira - That's pretty!!    Is that one of those 2-in-1 dresses where the long skirt comes off & you have a short dress for the reception??
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @ArtTeacher23  Yep! Thats why I picked it! I was going to get a reception dress anyways! I looked at a couple others and it didnt look as nice as this one and it fell $50 under budget. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also getting married May 17th and I 've already got my dress

• I bought mine in March. I'm also getting married on May 17th!

Anniversary
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    Oh boy! You ladies are scaring me! My wedding is May 24 and I havent purchased a gown yet. Was planning to do so in Oct. Ive lost 35 lbs and ideally would like to lose 60 more. I know I wont do it by Oct but will manage to lose some more.  I called Alfred Angelos (Im sure I will get one of their disney gowns) and asked for their advice as far as when is the latest I could order a gown...any gown...and they told me Nov. Im hoping they know what they are talking about. I was told it would take 4 months to get a gown...any gown.

I was also told that a corset back gown is ideal if Im going to lose more weight after I order...apparently they usually order it 2 sizes smaller anyway but could alter it up to 3 sizes (down).

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • LAM2228 said:
    Oh boy! You ladies are scaring me! My wedding is May 24 and I havent purchased a gown yet. Was planning to do so in Oct. Ive lost 35 lbs and ideally would like to lose 60 more. I know I wont do it by Oct but will manage to lose some more.  I called Alfred Angelos (Im sure I will get one of their disney gowns) and asked for their advice as far as when is the latest I could order a gown...any gown...and they told me Nov. Im hoping they know what they are talking about. I was told it would take 4 months to get a gown...any gown.

I was also told that a corset back gown is ideal if Im going to lose more weight after I order...apparently they usually order it 2 sizes smaller anyway but could alter it up to 3 sizes (down).
    You'll be fine. I ordered my dress in March, and it arrived beginning of July at my dress shop. (They had told me September) I wouldn't wait any longer then October, because you'll want time for alterations/worst-case-scenarios. I was just super excited to go dress shopping, so I was ON IT. 

Anniversary
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    chibiyui said:
    LAM2228 said:

You'll be fine. I ordered my dress in March, and it arrived beginning of July at my dress shop. (They had told me September) I wouldn't wait any longer then October, because you'll want time for alterations/worst-case-scenarios. I was just super excited to go dress shopping, so I was ON IT. 
    Thank you! I was thinking I could push it to Nov... now I wont do that!!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards