May 2014 Weddings
Options

Have you bought your dress yet ladies?

Re: Have you bought your dress yet ladies?

• Options
    LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Sorry about that link under my last post. I guess I didnt add a gif the right way! :/ Now If I could just figure it out!~

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    I'm May 3 and I think I have my dress but I haven't ordered it yet. I'm trying to lose some weight first so I am waiting until the beginning of Oct. I am looking at an Allure romance with lace and empire waist.
  • Options
    I am getting married May 10th and I do not have my dress yet... I am feeling a lot of pressure because I hated (seriously) my first wedding dress and I really want to have a better experience this time around... losing about 12 pounds would help a bunch too LOL! My goal is to have one ordered before September... fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I am also getting married on the 17th!  I found my dress back in May, it's a Maggie Sottero, fit and flare!  I tried it on in Gold but ordered it in Silver!  Haven't seen any pics of the silver yet so keeping my fingers crossed its as gorgeous as the gold!  
  • Options
    I'm getting married on May 10 and just bought my dress this past weekend.  
  • Options
    I bought my dress last week! It's the only dress of it's kind. I only have to make minimal alterations to it too :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My wedding is May 30th and yes I found my dress! Well actually two dresses....one for the ceremony and one for the reception. My ceremony is a da Vinci white sweetheart neck with beaded mid drift and full train ( to please my mamma) and my reception is an ivory galina
  • Options
    Congrats to you ladies! Your dresses are beautiful!! You going to look amazing! I bought my dress May 2013 and my wedding is May 31,2014! Yay! I have mori lee 1232.
    Here is the link: http://www.morilee.com/bridals/angelina_faccenda/1232
    Super excited!
  • Options
    I'm getting married 5/25/14 and haven't been able to find anything I really like. I want to order before the end of October. Now you guys are scaring me a bit and making me think I need to order sooner. Yikes..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married May 5th in Key West, yes it's a Monday, and yes it's also Cinco De Mayo  (it's one of the stops on a cruise we're going on) Originally, we were getting married on March 31st, but it got push back because they cancelled the original cruise we were going on.
    I've already purchased my gown and plan on losing a little weight before the wedding. I was told they can alter it down 4 dress sizes. We got my dress from David's Bridal and it's an a-line gown with a corset back. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about it...I think they build some "padding" into the dress ordering/delivery timeline so you automatically have a cushion. I am a May 18th bride and wasn't planning on getting a dress so soon. Made an appointment at a salon just to get some ideas and ended up purchasing the 5th dress I tried on! It is spectacular...ivory, gorgeous silk faile, very preppy and classic, and it has pockets!!! Happy dress hunting ladies!
  • Options
    Uhhhh, I'm getting married May 2nd and haven't been shopping yet. I was waiting until friends could come with me but they are saying they can't get here until November. I better get on it without them!
  • Options
    I just bought my dress and I would be a size 14 on top, but they made me order an 18 because of my hips. So I'm really worried that it's going to be a nightmare when I get it. But that's why it's coming in January. Praying for safe alterations.
  • Options
    I'm getting married May 24 and I haven't even started dress shopping yet! I know I need to soon, but we've only been engaged for just over a month, so things have been a little busy! Unfortunately, this month won't be much better -- every free minute is already taken up. Looks like I'll be an October shopper, too!

• Options
    Yeah, I won't be going shopping until October/November.  Course, I didn't get engaged until Aug 23.  But still, some of you ladies are scaring me!! I feel like I'm REALLY behind.  I'm getting married 5/25 and I won't be able to go dress shopping until Oct/Nov because that is when I will be seeing my mom.  She wants to pay for the  dress, and I live 2,200 miles away from her.  I'll be seeing her late October, and then she said in November she will fly out to see me so we can go shopping where I live.  But like a lot of you ladies, I'm hoping to loose some weight between now and dress shopping and continue to do so until the wedding.  She did give me the go ahead to pre-shop before then, but I'm nervous that I will, then find something I love, and she won't be there to share the moment with me.  I want her to be a part of the whole thing because she is my mom, and she is important to me.  And I value her opinion as well, so I'm just going to be waiting!! :D
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes!! I love my dress, I can't wait to wear it :D
  • Options
    Tho127Tho127 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013

I bought one a couple of months ago and a new one last weekend!

Here's the story. The first time I went to David's to try on, I had the WORST bridal consultant ever. She never smiled, never commmented on any of the dresses, and just looked generally annoyed with us during my whole appt. I had spotted an Oleg Cassini dress in the catalog that I loved. When I asked her about it, her response was a digsuted, "I can't get that in your size." WOW, really??  OK. Whatever. I accepted that and moved on. I requested another consultant for my next appt and purchased a gown.

Fast forward 2 months. I'm in David's looking at veils and spotted one of the Oleg dresses on a plus size girl. I asked the sales girl if it came in my size and she said, "of course!"

I went in last weekend, tried on (as best I could) the dress I originally spotted in the catalog, fell in love and traded my original dress in on that one. I couldn't be happier.

I want to make clear that everyone else David's has been AWESOME to me and that one bad apple no longer works there.

• Options
    @Tho127 - I know how you feel a bit!  The first David's I went to I had a similar experience with the consultant: she didn't really smile or talk to me much, she didn't put clips on the dresses to give me a better idea of how they would fit, once she got a dress on me she walked away and just kind of left me in it for 5 minutes till she came back and didn't say a thing.  At that appointment I saw another girl trying on a dress and it had that "something" that I was looking for and not really finding yet, I asked to try it on and the consultant gave a lil bit of an attitude saying "that was on your list, but you crossed it off".  I did get to try it on then and loved it, but  didn't buy it at that store due to the experience we (my parents and MOH were there too) had.  Made an appointment at another David's and had a much better consultant and experience and got the dress there.  And I do agree that everyone else at David's has been amazing to deal with and it's a shame that there are a few bad apples who work there.  I also got an Oleg Cassini dress - which one did you get??!!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Tho127Tho127 member
    edited September 2013
    I got the beautiful one shoulder ball gown. :)  :)   :)
  • Options
    Ohhh that one was soooo gorgeous!  I got a sweetheart beaded lace trumpet gown from his DB collection.  Congrats again on finding your dress!  :D
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Tho127Tho127 member
    edited September 2013
    Those are beautiful. My figure is not suitable for trumpet gowns, though. Congrats!
  • Options
    bdrflybdrfly member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2013

I bought a dress in June (Stephanie by Maggie Sottero), and after much deliberation I decided it wasn't the dress for me.  Luckily, the boutique I bought my first dress from was storing it there for me, and they applied what I paid for the first dress to the second dress (A gorgeous strapless fit and flare by Allure).  So I have bought 2 dresses!  I'm crazy! But I am in love with my new dress, I'm even customizing it to make it my own. I'm so excited!  Congratulations to the brides who have bought their gowns and Good Luck to those who have yet to make the trek!  :)

• Options
    I just called the bridal salon where I ordered by dress back in February.  It came in this weekend!!!!  I'm sooooooo EXCITED!!!  I have an appointment there on Saturday for my MOH and mom to look at dresses so I'll get to try it on again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My date is the 17th too! I have bought my dress, I LOVE it =) 

Lissa 5.17.14

• Options
    I'm also getting married on the 17th, but I haven't found my dress yet. I think I am going to start looking around December. I know what I am looking for, I just am afraid to shop right now. I hope to lose some more weight before starting my search... Shopping/finding "THE" dress is one of my biggest anxieties right now... I have my venue, caterer, flowers, cake, etc. done already, but I am DREADING dress shopping. :-( 
  • Options
    Congrats to you all!
    I bought both of my dresses in Jan. and they came in sometime in Aug.  I can't wait for May 3rd to be here!

Ordering BM & MOH dresses sometime in Nov, and they Flowergirl dress will be ordered in Feb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gstarkey said:
    I'm also getting married on the 17th, but I haven't found my dress yet. I think I am going to start looking around December. I know what I am looking for, I just am afraid to shop right now. I hope to lose some more weight before starting my search... Shopping/finding "THE" dress is one of my biggest anxieties right now... I have my venue, caterer, flowers, cake, etc. done already, but I am DREADING dress shopping. :-( 
    I would check with the salons you plan on possibly using.  You might need additional time if your dress needs to be ordered.  Around here I've heard of "rush" fees as high as 400 bucks.

I was worried about the weight thing too.  I ordered it the size I was.  Not what I was hoping to be.  It really got my ass in gear with eating right and going to the gym.

Good Luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my gosh you guys are making me want to puke.

I got engaged last Sunday, so of course I do not have a dress yet. We are hoping for the 17th but will take any weekend in May except the first (we graduate that weekend).

I really hope I can get something good that fits me well before then.

Luckily I'm not too unhappy with my weight, but I had knee surgery a few months ago and gained some weight and lost basically all my muscle during recovery, so I'd like to tone up a little.
  • Options
    I was super anxious about shopping, but I buckled down and finally went to a couple of shops on my own to figure out what I like and dislike, and then went back out with my mum and best friend tonight... And found my dress! I decided on a mint condition sample dress of Fawn by Enzoani (2011 collection) that I found in a consignment bridal salon. I'm in love! Such a relief!

• Options
    Got my dress and love it!  I went 2 places.  First place I found a couple options that I thought I could see myself buying, but at the second place after trying a few on the consultant knew what i was looking for and put me in a dress that I feel in love with.  I didn't want to take it off.     http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=19503&page=0&pageSize=36&keywordText=&keywordType=All   I ordered it at the end of August and was told it will take about 5 - 6 months to come in.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards