New Jersey
Options

Wedding Day Photos at Lambert Castle?

ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited June 2013 in New Jersey
Have any of you ladies taken photos at Lambert Castle?  FI and I were thinking of taking our photos there with the bridal party before the wedding since it is within a decent driving distance (only about 15 minutes from the hotel we are getting ready at and 15 minutes from the venue) and we wanted to do a first look anyways and would love photos of us at someplace other than the venue. 

Thanks for any input ladies!

ETA:  I know that we need to apply for a permit to take photo inside so we probably won't do the inside, just the outside of the castle, which it seems according to the website its totally free to do this.
Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding Day Photos at Lambert Castle?

• Options

You would need to paterson city hall for the answer

• Options
    I'm just looking to see if any brides on here have taken their photos there and what the experience was like.  I have all the info I need in terms of what I can and can't do from the castles websites.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I haven't, personally, but I know people who have.  They've all said it's beautiful, but it can get crowded on nice days, so make sure you leave plenty of time in case you need to wait for another party to move from a good spot. 

We were thinking about going there too, but I'll be getting ready at the venue, so it would be much easier to just stay there for pictures, rather than have to worry about getting in and out of a car, arranging transportation for everyone, etc...
  • Options
    I'm secretly hoping that since we are getting married on a Friday night in April during Lent that it won't be that busy because I too have heard that many people take their photos there and have to wait for other groups to leave.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    I was thinking of going there myself but wedding is in December and church is at 4 so it will probably be dark :(
  • Options
    If your getting married on a Friday it might not be so bad. I believe I may have been there for a Saturday (I was a bridesmaid and my friend was taking post-wedding pics). The pictures I've seen came out nice with the greenery in the background and the stones are aged nicely. There is a second level part where there is a small stained glass window that looked nice but I didn't get to see the picture and how it came out (if there are other people there you will be taking turns to take pictures in this corner). I wouldn't say it's beautiful or stands out alot in pictures (it is nice in person though) but it has potential depending on your photographers style...the shadows are nice to play off of the building. It has nice passage ways. From pictures (for me personally) you can't tell that it's a castle unless maybe you take pictures that a little more landscape like which is hard to do since so many people flock there (there was about 2 other brides and one sweet 16 party taking pictures there at the same time during the summer I believe). Since there are some dark areas, it is a nice scene for private, couples pics. All depends on what you are going for but it is convienient. Not sure if you'll be able to open the link but these are the pics... http://haitranphoto.wix.com/2011#!tanzina--syed---post-wedding-shoot/c1zrs
  • Options

I was thinking the same thing. The castle is so close to my venue but I really did not like the fee to take pictures inside. Well hope all goes well with your search.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I was thinking the same thing. The castle is so close to my venue but I really did not like the fee to take pictures inside. Well hope all goes well with your search.

We are not going to take the photos inside.  I don't want to pay extra, but from what I can tell and from the photos my photographer sent over, the outside will be enough.  I just don't want all the photos to be at the venue with everyone.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards