Not Engaged Yet

Amuse Me!!!!! Here's some random questions for today!

buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited June 2013 in Not Engaged Yet

It's not Monday, I got to sleep in until 6am, and now I'm bored at work. Here are some random questions for everyone!

What did you eat for dinner last night?

What drink do you usually order with your food?

What is the first thing you do in the morning?

Where did you grow up?

Where did you go on your last vacation?

What is biggest regret this week?

Have you ever been on TV?

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21?

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper?

Why is your best friend your best friend?

I googled random questions and came up with these, so don't blame me if you think they're lame ;)

ETA: grammer policed myself!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
image 36 Yes
image 2 No
image 21 Unknown

Re: Amuse Me!!!!! Here's some random questions for today!

• What did you eat for dinner last night? I had leftover grilled chicken caprese pasta.

What drink do you usually order with your food? Either iced tea or diet coke.

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Make sure I didn't suffocate my dog in my sleep by accident.

Where did you grow up? From ages 0-10 I grew up in Old Lyme, CT. From ages 10-27ish I grew up in a town two towns east of New Haven, CT.

Where did you go on your last vacation? Mexico

What is biggest regret this week? Waking up at 4am, yesterday.

Have you ever been on TV? Yes. I was on VH1 actually!

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21? Margarita

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper? I had to write a letter to my mortgage underwriter explaining why I didn't have a termite inspection....lame, I know.

Why is your best friend, your best friend? Probably because we've known each other since we were 10 years old, we fight like sisters and we live 5 minutes away from each other!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm extremely bored at work today. All my clients are being shit heads and not responding to my emails or calls. So that means...a day full of nothing.

I didn't know what I wanted to make so I went on Pinterest and found a recipe for this Tomato Parmesan Basil soup which was super yummy! 

http://utah.todaysmama.com/2012/03/20/tomato-basil-parmesan-soup-in-the-slow-cooker-or-on-the-stove-top/

If it's not wine/beer, I will usually order a water. I'm boring.

Brush my teeth!

Where did you grow up?

This is a complicated question because I grew up in a military family so I've lived everywhere. I was born in Germany and I've moved to NC, PA, VA, and a few places in GA.

Well FI and I took a trip to Savannah last Fall for the weekend but my last "real" vacation for longer than a week was in Cali for my cousin's wedding last Summer.

Being super lazy on Sunday and ordering Chinese food! UGH!!

Hahaha well the only time I've ever watched myself on TV was for when ESPN played my All Star competitive cheerleading competitions on there.

I believe it was an alcoholic dessert drink...not very fun.

A Letter? like a letter you are sending someone? Not too long ago, I wrote a couple thank you notes to some people if that counts.

He doesn't judge me and will always have my back.

• What did you eat for dinner last night?  Pulled pork sandwich and cole slaw - technically I didn't eat the roll, so I guess it was just pulled pork :)

What drink do you usually order with your food?  Sprite at a restaurant.  At home, I tend to drink water

What is the first thing you do in the morning?  Brush my teeth.

Where did you grow up?  Ages 0-13, I lived in Bergen County, NJ.  After that, I moved to Florida and finished out middle/high school there

Where did you go on your last vacation?  West Virginia

What is biggest regret this week?  Not sure I specifically have one - I've been working on figuring out how to get my masters in math education so that's a positive and then I've been making sure I eat enough calories so yea, I've been doing well.

Have you ever been on TV?  Our marching band in HS was always on tv...lol

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21?  possibly a margarita?  It wasn't on my 21st bday though

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper?  I wrote letters to all my bridesmaids to ask them to be bridesmaids :)

Why is your best friend your best friend?  I find that a best friend is one that no matter what you're talking about she (or he) doesn't think you're crazy, but will TELL you when you are.  :)  And also, I practically saved her life.  That's big.

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • What did you eat for dinner last night?

Homemade lasagna! It was bangin'.

Water

Give H a kiss with my stinky breath.

Where did you grow up?

I lived in Philly until I was 10 and then Delaware until I left for college. 

South Africa for my honeymoon. It was glorious.

Having 2 helpings of lasagna and then finishing the brownie brittle. Plus side? There is no more brownie brittle in my house!

Ha I was in the audience for The View and The Wendy Williams Show.

Vodka. I was at a club in Vegas right at midnight. 

I wrote H a letter the night before our wedding and gave it to him the morning of. 

We've been friends for 10 years now and there have been some ups and downs but even in the middle of an argument, if I needed her, I know she'd be there for me. We can go weeks with barely talking or seeing each other (usually because of work) and we just pick right up where we left off. 

• edited June 2013

leftover dominoes pizza

water

shut off the alarm

Where did you grow up?

NJ

Bahamas

It's only Tuesday...  none yet

yes, in commericials as a child...

I don't remember....

A few weeks ago to my friend who is working a summer camp and prefers some snail mail.

I don't know who I consider my best friend really.....

Anniversary

grilled Margarita Chicken with guac (avocado and lemon), grilled corn on the cob, grilled veggies (zucchini, asparagus, broccoli)

water

when the alarm goes off, H usually rolls over and gives me a 5 minutes cuddle while we wake up.  then I hop in the shower and get going for the day!

Where did you grow up?

central OK

we haven't had a REAL vacation since our HM in Boston 2 years ago, but we did take a short weekend in Tulsa last summer.

that I didn't cancel my Martha Stewart Living magazine subscription...  I didn't know you could get refunded for issues not sent yet!

nope!

I don't drink alcohol.

I have no idea!!

because I feel "safe" with them. 

• @swazzle why does your ticker count down now?  The numbers on the bottom...it looks so confusing :)  Don't mind me - I'm going to tutor math in like 18 minutes, so I'm in math mode, but I am a bit confuzzled :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @livleighton- I love Folly Beach!! We went there last September for a girlfriend's bday. So much fun!
  • cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited June 2013
    Haha you spelled grammar wrong, @buddysmom80 :)

Stromboli with canadian bacon and broccolli

Water or something alcoholic

Check FB and play Candy Crush Saga

Where did you grow up?

Rochester, NY

Playa del Carmen

Not being able to stay in AZ for longer than three days

Yep, lots of times. I used to be a sports broadcaster. Proof and more proof.

Goldschlager

I wrote a thank you note (in a blank card) to my parents and sister for coming to see me when I was in the hospital.

Because the shenanigans that we end up in, along with the accompanying laughs, are what makes life worth living.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• What did you eat for dinner last night? Green Curry Chicken

What drink do you usually order with your food? Diet Coke or Unsweetened Iced Tea

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Check my phones ( yes, I have two) and hop in the shower

Where did you grow up? Small town IL with lots of corn fields

Where did you go on your last vacation? We took a mini vaca to Boca Raton

What is biggest regret this week? Skipping going out to watch the Hawks game to stuff invites.

Have you ever been on TV? I was an extra in a movie filmed at my high school and was on camera once at a Cubs game.

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21? Probably beer, I'm too old to remember that far back

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper? Can Thank You notes count?  If not, way too long ago.

Why is your best friend your best friend? Because we can do anything together.  We've snuck out of the house together in high school, watched each other get married, and been there for a crazy amount of what life has thrown at us.  She'll be my best friend until we are old and grey.

photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Have you ever been on TV? Yes. I was on VH1 actually!

Explain, please. Also, is there proof on youtube?

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013

@swazzle why does your ticker count down now?  The numbers on the bottom...it looks so confusing :)  Don't mind me - I'm going to tutor math in like 18 minutes, so I'm in math mode, but I am a bit confuzzled :)
    What do you mean? It counts up and says how long we've been married. 

ETA: OH I see what you mean. Hmm maybe to our 1st anniversary? No clue. Good question.

• buddysmom80buddysmom80 member
    edited June 2013

@cu97tiger omg I can't believe I missed that! I fail at the interwebz today!

Also, duh, you don't know me, I'm Ron Jeremy! I was on the celebs living together reality show! J/K, my friend and I were at a concert in Bridgeport, CT and they were filming the audience. So my friend and I being the dumbasses we were were like "OMG TAKE MY PICTURE!!!!" A couple of nights later, the band was playing a live show for VH1 so the video they took of us was the intro for the live tv show and it was only like half a second, I was so sad, but it still counts, dammit! And I just spent at least five minutes looking for the video, I can't find it! My year might be off of when I think the concert was vs. when the concert actually happened. Here's a video of a concert with me in it, catch me with the blonde hair at the 3 minute mark hahaha! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fORBHV-vU3A

ETA: Tiger's question which I also think should be in addition to the "have you ever been on TV?" question.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • What did you eat for dinner last night? Um, I don't remember dinner last night ... I'm sure I ate, I probably had a peanut butter sandwich or something. If I hadn't eaten I would feel really lousy right now and I feel okay.

What drink do you usually order with your food? Water, unless I am in dire need of alcohol. But it had better be dire if I'm paying for it at a restaurant.

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Fire up my computer, check my email/weather/webcomics, and usually turn on Netflix. I build relaxation time into my mornings.

Where did you grow up? In a college town in North Dakota. Oddly enough, I live there now.

Where did you go on your last vacation? Vacation? What's that? Oh no ... I just thought about it for 3 solid minutes and realized I have not legitimately been on a vacation since I started college 8 years ago. Can I count the band trip from my senior year of high school? We went to Chicago ...

What is biggest regret this week? This week is too early for regrets yet. It might have some if I fail to sleep tonight because I'm worrying about the rain.

Have you ever been on TV? Yes! I was on local TV my senior year of high school for making the state All-Academic Team, which one of the other girls referred to as the "Nerd Walk of Shame."

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21? Chianti wine, which was also my first drink other than communion wine. It sucked, but I didn't know that it sucked because I hadn't had enough alcohol in the past.

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper? If thank-you notes don't count, then about 3 years ago. I haven't had much heart to write since my grandma died, she was my pen pal/phone buddy.

Why is your best friend your best friend? Because she knows more about me than anyone else (except my BF) and likes me anyway. Because I know more about her than anyone else (except maybe her BF) and love her anyway. Because I could call her at 3 a.m. and she would help me hide a body without asking any questions. Because she's cool with getting drunk and Facebooking/Skyping at the drop of a hat. Because we can go weeks without talking and pick it back up exactly where we were with no weirdness. (She's 1500 miles away right now, I hope we can live closer someday.)

Baked tilapia with quinoa and veggies.

Wine or water.

Sadly, I reach over for my phone and check for important work e-mails :(

Where did you grow up?

Long Island!

Healdsburg, CA

Not working out yesterday.

Yuppp!  I was in a commercial for an electric company when I was a kid, and then some reality show called What Would You Do (I think).  They didn't trick me, though!  They filmed it at the bar where I worked so I was the server for the fake tables and already knew what was going on ;)

I'm pretty sure it was a tiny bottle of Barefoot wine.  There's a good chance it was White Zinfandel.  Klassy.

If a thank you note counts, it was last week!

I have a group of best friends rather than just one best friend, which is not easy or ideal haha, but I love them all the same!  They're all just super down to earth, fun girls, that will always be there when you need them :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

An Ugly Owl sandwich from Ike's. It's vegan chicken with cheese, teriyaki sauce, and wasabi mayo.

Coke.

Shuffle to the bathroom.

Where did you grow up?

The same place I live now. A small Bay Area suburb.

@Motolyn's house!

It's only Tuesday. Can I tell you later?

Yes, my vocal group sang Christmas carols on our local NBC affiliate's morning news in 2004 or so.

I think it was a shot a friend bought me.

Do thank you cards from my wedding count?

When we were younger it was because of all the things we did together. Wrote stories together, played piano, watched movies, had the same obsessions. As we've grown older, we aren't as close because we live 60 miles apart and have our own lives. She's still there if I need her, but she's not always the first person I have to tell stuff to anymore.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I made stir fry w/ shrimp cause the store for some crazy reason didn't have tofu.

At dinner I get water and red wine. Lunch - water.

Take the puppy out for potties.

Where did you grow up?

Pretty much all up and down the East Coast and a few years in Germany. Yep, I'm an Army brat.

To VA to visit BF's grandparents.

What is your biggest regret this week?

Not finding time to work out.

Sort of? I did some pieces for our college news station but that probably doesn't count for much.

A shot of jaegermeister.

On Mother's Day I mailed a letter to my grandma.

I have a few best friends and we are all best friends for different reasons but the main reason behind it all is I've just made a really close connection with them that I don't always have with other women. I always feel like I can share whatever is on my mind with them and get a totally honest answer.

Spaghetti with chicken & spinach and a lemon/garlic sauce. It was delicious.

If I'm out, and they have Dr. Pepper... THAT. At home, I drink lots of flavored sparkling water or seltzer.

Hit snooze. Multiple times. Then I kiss BF. Then I pee.

Where did you grow up?

Maine.

Maine.

Not keeping up with my C25K app. 

A million times. I work in college sports, so I've been on all the ESPN networks, regional & local TV more times than I can count. 

A beer. My 21st was on a Wednesday night and no one wanted to go out till the weekend, so I just had a beer in my dorm. Sadface.

Thank you notes after my interviews for my new job.

One of my best friends, I've known her for 12 years. She is one of the best people I know and, even though we're in totally different places (she's a married SAHM with two kids), whenever I see her, it's like we were together yesterday. We don't get to talk or see each other very often, but nothing ever changes between the two of us, and I love that. 

The other, I haven't known for nearly as long, but she's like the other half of my brain. She gets me when I don't even get myself, and always has my back, no matter what. And, even though she thinks my future last-name nickname is weird, she's super fun to eat platters of turkey with. <3

*******************************************************************************************

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You got to sleep IN until 6:00am? Now I feel bad--I had to get up EARLY this morning, at 6:30am. I guess it's a matter of perspective!

Leftover pizza from this great new place we found on Foodler.

Ginger ale. Mmmmm.

Hit snooze. A lot. First thing I do when I get up, though, is put in my contacts.

Where did you grow up?

Suburbs about 45 minutes from Boston.

Lake Tahoe. That was two years ago :(

Not cleaning the apartment over the weekend! Holy crap it's a nightmare.

I was interviewed by a local station about college campus sexual assault judiciary procedure. I didn't tell anyone about it because I didn't know when it would air, and then my grandparents called me saying they saw me on TV!

Shiraz.

I wrote a thank-you note to my grandparents last September, thanking them for my birthday gift.

She and I had grown apart over the years, but when I heard she had broken up with her fiance, I got in touch with her and let her know that I was there for her. Soon after that, I got my heart broken by my now former best friend, who decided he wanted to date someone else after he and I had been hooking up for a while. So my friend and I helped each other get over our heartbreaks and move on with our lives.

That was all long-distance, too, but now she lives about an hour away and I'm going to hang out with her tonight :D

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

Chinese food because it was way too hot to cook.

If alcohol isn't an option, then just water or a sprite.

Go pee.

Where did you grow up?

Arlington, MA & RI

Cozumel, MX

Getting a very low paying summer job that requires way more documentation than my well paying teaching job. WTF with the physicals and background checks of all sorts!

On the news before, Bozo the Clown show, Dinners drive ins and dives, Bar rescue show on spike TV and school talent show when it was aired on TV. Lots of opportunity to "shine" in this little state.

A shot of burnett's lol

Last week of school.

We have known each other forever, bitch about the same things, traveled everywhere together, both work in education (I'm public and she's higher ed) and love living so close to one another. 

• @phira - 6am is late for me too, I'm generally up at 5:30! Is Foodler like Delivery.com and Seamless? Where do you live? If that's creepy you don't have to answer, I just figured you live in some major metro area. 

• What did you eat for dinner last night? I had a chicken sandwich.

What drink do you usually order with your food? Water or unsweetened iced tea.

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Weigh myself (which has been super disappointing lately because I can't seem to lose weight), check my e-mail, maybe turn something on on Netflix

Where did you grow up? In a small town in Idaho. Minus the crazy amount of religious influence it was a great place to grow up.

Where did you go on your last vacation? It was a road trip to Montana with BF and a friend.

What is biggest regret this week? That I didn't lose weight last week. I'm really frustrated!

Have you ever been on TV? Yeah when I was a little kid I was on the local news to talk about an auction my school was doing.

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21? Pina colada - it was crazy strong because my mom made it and didn't realize the mix she had bought wasn't really a mix, it already had alcohol it in it.

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper? A couple year ago when a lot of my friends were on their missions (LDS).

Why is your best friend your best friend? Because we just get each other. We have had one fight in out entire friendship, it was stupid and over in less than an hour. We are different in a lot of ways but I think we compliment each other.

• What did you eat for dinner last night? Leftover pizza with green peppers, onions, and olives on it. I told myself it was healthy.

What drink do you usually order with your food? Water, Diet Coke, or a Corona or Blue Moon.

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Chug down a glass of water, along with my BCP for good measure.

Where did you grow up? Central MD.

Where did you go on your last vacation? Assateague. That was in December. Good Lord, I need to get out more.

What is biggest regret this week? Probably bumming around on TK this evening instead of studying. But hell, I aced my second exam and made my first skills evaluation my bitch, so I deserve some time to feel like me and not just a nursing student for a change.

Have you ever been on TV? Nope.

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21? Prolly a Corona. Yes, a single Corona. I guarantee (gaurantee? Neither of those looks right) I fell asleep afterward.

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper? Thank you notes around my birthday in April.

Why is your best friend your best friend? I don't really have a best friend, I've got a group of wonderful ladies I hang around with. The woman I feel closest to is just the best listener, knows when to give advice and when to just be encouraging, and seems to understand me in a way some other friends don't. We have similar values and opinons and seem to go through big life changes at the same time. (If I was BSC, that would mean I'd be expecting BF to put a ring on it ASAP. Alas, I am mostly not BSC, so no dice.)

BF and I went out for Mexican food. It was delicious.

Iced tea.

Usually hit the "snooze" button about 4 times.

Where did you grow up?
    Southern California.

Back home for Christmas.

None so far.

No I have not.

Tequila shots.

About two months ago. It was for a patients family at work.

Because she is so awesome. Hands down.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @swazzle

Yep, basically ordering food from restaurants online. I'm in Boston, but I haven't tried any other major websites for that. I never ordered anything online till I started dating my partner, and he already was using Foodler regularly.

I have trouble waking up before 8! I need to work on that ... I should be getting up by 6 or 7 so I can go running before work.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

A quesadilla and beer on my date haha.

Beer, wine or water.

Curse how early it is and then get in the shower. Unless it's Saturday, then it's cleaning, or Sunday, when it's eating. Priorities.

Where did you grow up?

Hudson MA

Antigua!

Not having an AC in my apartment.

Not that I know of, although my high school graduation may have been locally televised.

Bloody Mary :)

Last summer

She's my sister and knows me better than anyone in the world. Also, she's pretty friggin hilarious and she's a lot of fun to drink with.

• @amapola14 - where in Central, MD? DH and I just moved to Frederick.

• What did you eat for dinner last night? An omelette.

What drink do you usually order with your food? Arnold Palmer or water.

What is the first thing you do in the morning? Let the dogs out.

Where did you grow up? Franklin, Tennessee and Warren, Vermont.

Where did you go on your last vacation? Newport Beach, California.

What is biggest regret this week? None so far...

Have you ever been on TV? Yes, on the news a few times.

What was the first thing you drank when you turned 21? Kahlua.

When was the last time you actually wrote a letter on paper? April -- I wrote a letter to my Grandma telling her we were coming to visit her earlier this month.

Why is your best friend your best friend? I really have no idea. We just click really, really well. We've known each other for eleven years now. He's lived with my family, has spent a ton of time with me, has supported me through everything, and I've supported him through everything including his transition from female to male over the last few years. It's a really odd friendship, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

• doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2013

I'll play

Baked Chicken, rice and sauteed asparagus.

Wine

Fling myself in to the shower to wake up

Where did you grow up?

A suburb in the SF Bay area that is 2nd only in murders to Oakland (I know right but I can't come up with anything else)

Riviera maya, Mexico

Eating pizza ALL weekend

Not that I know of

I can't remember that far back, or that night for that matter but I was in to girly fru-fru drinks so it was probably a midori sour or something along those lines

I think I was 24..soo 11 years ago

Because we can tell each other ANYTHING and it never matters.  Sometimes we both judge each other's decisions but it would never make me NOT be friends.  It's more out of concern.  We have been through hell and back with different relationships, cancer, pregnancy, etc...she's in my head and we are sarcastic asses together.  She hasn't lived in the same state (sometimes country) as me since 1997 but we meet up at least once a year and we talk on the phone every morning during commute.  Obvs she's my MOH since I've been hers in 2 weddings, bitch owes me a dress!

• cu97tiger said:
    @amapola14 - where in Central, MD? DH and I just moved to Frederick.
    My family has good friends who used to live in Frederick! They just moved to Colorado but I always really enjoyed visiting them in Frederick.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards