Not Engaged Yet

TGIF

TGIF! If I can get through the next 7 hours it would be great, nothing like coming into work with an email that puts you in a bad mood.

Any good plans for your weekend?  Anything to look forward to?

Tonight I'm probably going to watch FI play hockey it has been a long time since I've watched him play.  Then relaxing and may be finish putting up the rest of the curtains. Today FI is working from home and our dining room set is being delivered.  I can't wait for it to be here!! It's an 11 piece set one long table and 10 chairs. 

Tomorrow I'm going with my mom wedding dress shopping, my friend might come as well. I'm really looking forward to it.  We need to get to church also we didn't go last weekend.  Not sure what the plans are for the rest of Saturday.  Sunday will probably be more projects around the house.  Who knows what FI has planned, we are almost finished painting the kitchen though. Yay

Anniversary

Re: TGIF

• @Peaseblossom55- Yay for wedding dress shopping! 

Tonight FI and I don't have anything planned yet. We may go out with another couple to celebrate my friend's BF's promotion. We shall see...I have a bunch of crap in my trunk that I need to move from my car to FI's apartment so I will do that tonight because I'm sick of it being in there.

Saturday FI has two tennis matches so I'm going to go run errands all day. I really really need to get my hair trimmed and my eyebrows waxed. I don't understand how they grow so fast! My eyebrows look like snuffaluffagus (if that makes sense at all). I plan to go print out my accommodation cards and hopefully check out a place where I think I can get FI's band engraved.

Sunday is church and I desperately need to clean my apartment.
  • This is a big weekend for me.

I'm flying to Chicago tonight.  Tomorrow, I have 6 apartment showings...and I'm hopeful that I'll find a place I love!  Then I'll be going to Pride events with my brother.  Sunday is another day of apartment showings and Pride activities.

Monday I have an interview in Chicago.  Tuesday I have another interview in Chicago.  Wednesday I fly back.  And Friday, H and I leave for Portugal.

If I don't lose weight after all this running around, I never will.

• @peaseblossom55 - have fun dress shopping!  take lots of pictures.  :)

@loves2shop4shoes - good luck apartment hunting and with your interview!  how exciting, a brand new start in such a fun city.  and I'm jealous of your trip to Portugal!
  • @loves2shop4shoes have a great time in Chicago!  Good luck on finding an apartment and good luck on the interview.  I'm so jealous of your trip to Portugal, have a great time!

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - Have fun dress shopping, and I hope you like your new dining room set!

@loves2shop4shoes - Good luck with the apartments and interviews!

I have ... nothing planned for tonight except to go get a new pair of knitting gloves and a wrap for my right elbow. I seem to have given myself tennis elbow somehow this week, but I think bracing it for a couple of days should do the trick.

Tomorrow I have knitting class, so I'll be finishing up the bag I've been making for the last month. I'll also be getting the yarn for a bag for my mother and for a Cthulhu dice bag for my BF's birthday. (We are weird people.) I also will drop off the first completed Christmas present with my mom, so there's that. Second one is on my needles already ... hmm, wonder how I got tennis elbow?

Otherwise the weekend looks quiet. I have to keep cleaning in my apartment - last Saturday the bathroom fan decided it couldn't take life anymore and burned out. Maintenance did replace the fan, but they spread grease and motor oil all over my bathroom. I usually use Green Works cleaners - does anyone know of anything that can take out that kind of stain? My stuff isn't doing it, and a solution of Dawn dish soap isn't cutting it, either. Thanks in advance!
  • @peaseblossom55 Yay for wedding dress shopping!  Have lots of fun shopping with your momma!

@loves2shop4shoes Good luck on your interviews next week and have a great time at Pride.  Pride weekend is one of my favorite weekends here in the city.   I ran the 5K for it a couple years ago and had so much fun.   Hopefully your brother brings you to the Kit Kat Klub or Roscoes!

My shower is this Sunday, and my sister is flying in for it.  Not sure what our plans are for tonight or tomorrow.  There have been talks about a wine night at my place and some porch stooping (drinking on my porch and watching the neighborhood entertainment). The World's Biggest Block Party has been thrown out there, too.  We will see!

For sure there will be a stop at Forever Yogurt for the most massive container of fro yo.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This weekend is a weekend to relax, after last weekends exhausting engaged encounter weekend, FI and I are going to keep it low key. Only thing we plan to do is to go pick out our wedding bands and figure out the gifts for the BM and GM.
  • @peaseblossom55: have fun dress shopping!!!! You're going to be a gorgeous bride!

@southernpeach89: I just looked in the mirror this morning and noticed my eyebrows look like crap too, it's like they grew overnight. I feel your pain.

@loves2shop4shoes: I'm jealous of your trips! Have fun! How lond will you be in Portugal?

@keptinstiches: I can't believe you're working on Christmas gifts, I haven't even thought about shopping for Christmas yet....

@suzie211: have a wonderful time at your shower!!!!!

This weekend isn't going to be too crazy. I might convince BF that we need to go out for sushi tonight. Tomorrow we bring Buddy to the groomer for his lion cut. After that, we're heading to a jeweler to look at some more e-rings. If the weather is nice we'll probably hang out in the pool. If the weather sucks, I'm going to re-furbish/purpose some side tables BF's mom gave us. They're ugly as sin, and are in desperate need of a makeover.

Sunday we're laying low and hanging out. We're so boring. Hopefully next weekend we'll do something fun since it's my birthday weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @loves2shop4shoes - The Pride Parade is my all-time favorite thing to do every summer here! I've never missed one yet in 6 years.  Where are you looking for apartments? PM me if you want/need tips. And if/when you move here we are having a GTG (please?)

Today is the big Blackhawks rally and parade. I'm not going to be going because I'm not good with large crowds, but I am so proud to be a fan today! As a hockey fan, even if you're not a 'Hawks fan specifically (or even if you hate them) I think it is safe to say that in a year where we didn't even know if we'd have a season, this was a hell of a run. Every series in playoffs (not just ours, but all of them) were awesome to watch. I hope this turns the tides for hockey to get more popular in the US. 

Tonight DH and I are finishing packing and cleaning up our apartment. Tomorrow is the move - god help us!  We're doing it ourselves with the help of a few friends and we only have 5 hours to move every thing out of one place and into the other. 

Sunday we might go to the Pride parade, but we also might be too exhausted and just loaf around and unpack/set up our new place. 
  • @buddysmom80 - I'm knitting things for my mom to give as Christmas gifts. Since it takes time, we're starting early, and this definitely beats last year when she called me at the end of October and said "You're knitting all my Christmas gifts for me, doesn't that sound like fun?"
  • @buddysmom80 thank you

@cschiano good luck with the move tomorrow!!!

Anniversary

• @cschiano you can thank my man friend for getting me hooked on the Hawks. I am a diehard flyers fan, but I loved watching the Blackhawks. I would love to see more people get into hockey. Especially here in Florida, not many people get my love of hockey. R is originally from Ohio so he totally gets it.
  • Plans for the weekend:
    Movie night tonight I believe
    Tomorrow I need to steam clean my couch- when shadow was sick I think she managed to get puke on it because it fucking reeks.
    Saturday night I have no idea
    Sunday I'm supposed to meet up with R for relaxing and doing a whole lot of nothing. We are pretty content being couch potatoes on the weekend. I may or may not bake something for him and his kids
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    @IrishDreamer - they just did not have any quit in them this year. I am so proud of all their hard work! Such a fun team to watch. Thanks to your man friend :) 
  • plans for this weekend:

off work today at 1PM!!  going to do the laundry and clean up the house until dinner time.  H and I are going to grab some dinner (maybe Chipotle?) and then do grocery shopping and some birthday shopping for his two little cousins having a party on Saturday.

Saturday morning will be busy!  we have to go by the farmer's market to pick up our order of blueberries, and then get in line to get free shots and microchipping for the pups.  I'm pretty excited about that!  Saturday night we have our Spanish service and so we'll spend some time in the afternoon getting ready for that.  in the evening (before our service) we are going to stop by H's cousins' birthday party.  BUSY DAY.

Sunday we have church and we are taking his two cousins out for lunch after morning service.  they are pretty excited.

that's about it!
  • @peaseblossom55-you 'were' Danser, correct?  I've only been on sporadically in the last couple of weeks, just trying to keep up.  Regardless, have a great time dress shopping!  

To all of the Pride-goers, I'm jealous, have a blast!  We don't really have Pride events in our area, but I would be right in the thick of it if we did.  Have fun, especially after the decisions made this week.  Amazing times we live in!  

This weekend is the first weekend we've had with no wedding-schtuff going on, and it feels heavenly!  H and I have to plant some hostas that my mom and dad gave us for our embarrassingly naked yard.  We've lived here a year and have no landscaping.  Pathetic.  Tonight we are going to see World War Z and swing by the Verizon store to read them the riot act, return the phone that was sent to me by mistake, and pick up my new iPhone 5.  Tomorrow we are running in the morning, then landscaping, I have a haircut at 11:30, then we have our 20 year high school reunion tomorrow night.  Gads I feel old!  

Meddied since 6/15/13!
  • @cschiano I originally was only rooting for them to win against the Red Wings because of how much I despise them, but after the second game I was hooked. They really are a great team to watch!
  • @southernpeach89 My eyebrows grow super fast too.  It drives me nuts!

We don't have anything planned for tonight so far, but that just seems too good to be true so I'm sure something will come up!  Tomorrow we get to watch FI's friend coach a youth baseball league game...which I fully expect to be anything but enjoyable, and then I have to hit the mall because I'm running low on my face make-up.  Sunday we may go to the beach, which I have mixed feelings about for body image reasons haha.

Regardless, I'm pretty damn happy this week is over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Irishdreamer: I used to live in Tampa and worked at the arena (for free hockey games lol). I remember one time, a parent came up to me and said "can you have someone turn up the heat? My son is cold" I'm like "you have rinkside seats, that's ice, they're not going to turn up the heat". Hockey wasn't a big thing when I lived there.

All this Blackhawks talk makes me said :( (Bruins fan for life)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @peaseblossom55 - Pics of dress shopping? I haven't gone to watch H play hockey in SUCH a long time either. I'm going on Sunday!

@southernpeach89 - According to my wax lady, stress promotes hair growth! Which explains why I was a hairy beast just before my wedding. 

@suzie211 - I hope you have a great shower!

@buddysmom80 - I can't wait to see Buddy. Has he had a lion cut before? I told H about you doing that and he thinks we should do it to Bailey. The hair is just too much anymore and I can't take it.

@cschiano - Yay Blackhawks! I was really hoping they'd win. They totally deserved it the way they played the whole season. The Devils won the Cup in 1995 when there was a shortened season because of a lock-out :)

I'm leaving work and heading to DE to meet my goddaughter! She was born at 2:28 this morning and she's so perfect. 

Tomorrow, is a party at my aunt's house for all of the summer birthday's in our family which includes ME! I'm making guac and just realized that I was going to make the ST Red, White, and Blueberry Trifle but I forgot my trifle dish at home and I'm not going back there today. Oh well. 

On Sunday, H and I are going to the NHL Draft! It's at the Rock (where the Devils play) and all season ticket holders got free tickets. Sunday night I'm going to H's hockey game. 

Yay for the weekend!

• @swazzle: I've never done it before. It's hard to find a groomer that will do it around here. I got the okay from my vet last year and never found a place. Finally BF's mom goes "Oh I know somewhere!" Um, you could've told me this last summer. So yes he is a lion cut virgin.

Omg I can't wait....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle- That's an interesting fact! I always thought stress caused your hair to fall out haha. Well then, if I keep going at this rate, I will need to get lots of waxing done before the wedding. I feel bad for my future children, they are going to be hairy sonsabitches.
  • It's a pretty gloomy day here. Not sure when I will leave the house, to be honest. Tonight we're going out to family dinner like we usually do each and every Friday. The restaurant will be closed for the next two weeks, so it's a BFD lol. 

Tomorrow night I'm going out for a bachelorette party. It's probably going to be a lot of fun since we're going in a limo and there's only going to be five of us. We'll probably hit up Boston and Providence. I'm totally looking forward to it. Sunday will be family dinner at 2 and then setting up at camp around 6. Monday will be the first day of camp! 

@loves2shop4shoes I'm jealous of your trip to Portugal! My BF has gone before (family over there) and I want to go someday. Good luck on your job interviews and venture over in Chicago!
  • @buddysmom80 We will be in Portugal for 10 days.

@cschiano How did I not know you live in Chicago?  G2G...DEFINITELY!  Excited!  We're moving in the end of July.  H starts his job July 29th.  I would LOVE any apartment help/tips you're willing to give.  We're looking at Lakeview/Gold Coast/Lincoln Park/River North/Loop areas.

• @radleyboo yes I was danser!  I can't wait for dress shopping tomorrow, thanks.

@swazzle we get get our men together let them play hockey while we do a wine and cupcake date.  I haven't been to a game in almost a year....

Anniversary

• @cschiano Yay for Hawks love!  I'm not the biggest hockey fan, but my family is.   They are die hard Hawks fans.  So much so that both my brothers had crazy playoff beards.  One of them got married at the beginning of the month with the full on beard.  My SIL is just as crazy about hockey as he is so it actually went over quite well.    It was fun to watch!

I'm the same way with crowds.  As much as it would be fun to be at the parade today, I want to be no where near the crowd.  I had friends at Red Ivy Monday night, and I was so glad I didn't join them because I would've had a panic attack with the crowds over there.

@swazzle That's crazy about the hair growth!  I've heard it could cause it to fall out.  Maybe I'm stressed out all the time, because I am a hairy beast all the time!

@buddysmom80 Please post pics of Buddy post hair cut!  I think lions cuts are really cute.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    @loves2shop4shoes I don't know how you didn't know!!  All of those neighborhoods are good choices. Gold Coast, River North and Loop will be smaller apartments for the money whereas Lincoln Park and Lakeview will be more affordable. We have lived in Lakeview for 4 years. 
    Some things to consider: Is heat included? It gets hella cold here in the winter and not having to pay that bill is nice. How far away is the grocery store? This is especially important if you won't have a car. How easy will it be for you and DH to get to work via public transit? You don't want to have to walk more than half a mile to the bus/train or transfer more than once if you can help it. Consider the closeness to other necessities too (gym, dry cleaner, favorite restaurants, banks, etc.) You really can't go wrong in those neighborhoods in general though! SO EXCITING! 
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    suzie211 said:
    @cschiano Yay for Hawks love!  I'm not the biggest hockey fan, but my family is.   They are die hard Hawks fans.  So much so that both my brothers had crazy playoff beards.  One of them got married at the beginning of the month with the full on beard.  My SIL is just as crazy about hockey as he is so it actually went over quite well.    It was fun to watch!

I'm the same way with crowds.  As much as it would be fun to be at the parade today, I want to be no where near the crowd.  I had friends at Red Ivy Monday night, and I was so glad I didn't join them because I would've had a panic attack with the crowds over there.

@swazzle That's crazy about the hair growth!  I've heard it could cause it to fall out.  Maybe I'm stressed out all the time, because I am a hairy beast all the time!

@buddysmom80 Please post pics of Buddy post hair cut!  I think lions cuts are really cute.
    @suzie211 - I love this! Your family sounds cool :) I've been into hockey since college and into the Hawks since I moved here in 2007. DH and I watched like 90% of the regular season games this year and every single minute of playoffs. I feel very invested in this team. lol
  • cschiano said:
    @loves2shop4shoes I don't know how you didn't know!!  All of those neighborhoods are good choices. Gold Coast, River North and Loop will be smaller apartments for the money whereas Lincoln Park and Lakeview will be more affordable. We have lived in Lakeview for 4 years. 
    Some things to consider: Is heat included? It gets hella cold here in the winter and not having to pay that bill is nice. How far away is the grocery store? This is especially important if you won't have a car. How easy will it be for you and DH to get to work via public transit? You don't want to have to walk more than half a mile to the bus/train or transfer more than once if you can help it. Consider the closeness to other necessities too (gym, dry cleaner, favorite restaurants, banks, etc.) You really can't go wrong in those neighborhoods in general though! SO EXCITING! 
    100% agree with this.  I miss not having a heat bill.  I've had three places here in the city with radiator heat, and used to hate how warm they would get sometimes.  Now I hate seeing my ridiculously high gas bill in the winter.  Opening the windows in the middle of January isn't so bad after all!

photo bridalparty.jpg

• @cschiano Picture proof of their coolness:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards