Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you, ladies of the Knot!

RedJacks25RedJacks25 member
5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
I just wanted to extend my thanks to all of you. Before I came here, there was a lot that I know I would have done wrong. The biggest one is one that happened recently.

Before coming here, I had no idea about timeline as far as when to ask the bridal party to be a part of your big day. In my head, it made perfect sense to ask them as soon as you knew you wanted them! (And my wedding is still almost 18 months away...)

Well, I have recently had a fight with one of my friends I want as a bridesmaid (like, huge fight as in she blames me for damage done to her brand-new 3-day-old car...)

I know that we will move on from it and be friends again in the end, but I also know that right now would be an extremely awkward time between us if I had already asked her to be in my wedding. I would probably be second-guessing the decision, and I'd be posting here asking for advice on how to now remove her from my wedding ;).

So, just want to say thanks! I love that everyone here is so brutally honest. It helps.

Edited for punctuation.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank you, ladies of the Knot!

• Glad advice you've seen here has served you well thus far!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We're happy to help in any way we can.  Happy wedding planning!

Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Why does she blame you?  Did you hit it?  Or was she like visiting you at your house and a neighbor did it?

Sorry for being nosey, it's just kind of in my nature.  I had a friend who asked me to be in her wedding, we got into a huge blowout fight and didn't talk for about six months, then saw each other socially for about another six, and then became friends again.  Then she moved to Texas, and honestly I'm pretty sad that we don't get to see or talk the way that we used to.  Don't let it get out of hand if she really is one of your best friends.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Why does she blame you?  Did you hit it?  Or was she like visiting you at your house and a neighbor did it?
    We live together, and we each have a separate garage to park in. Both garages have stored boxes is them because we simply have too much stuff for our apartment right now. One day she came out to the garage and found that boxes had fallen off the shelf and onto her car, scratching it slightly and putting a couple of small dents in the hood. Yes, I'd be pissed too, but the reason she blames me is because it was my stuff that fell. I have no idea at all how it all managed to fall. It's been in there for a year, she's been parking in it that whole time, but never had any issues at all until she got her new car.

She's a self-admitted terrible parker. She can never manage to fit in spots correctly, and she's even run over boxes and stuff in the garage before because she has a hard time gauging the length of her car or something. It's not my fault the stuff fell; she just needed someone to blame I guess. If it had been her stuff that fell on her car, I'm not sure what her reaction would have been.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards