Wedding Etiquette Forum

How to react (if at all)? Being addressed with wrong name

2»

Re: How to react (if at all)? Being addressed with wrong name

• 1covejack said:
    Rajah please don't call people out on the Dr. Thing. It gets old fast. It might make you sound like a snot.
    Couldn't agree more. H and I will both be Dr and Dr very soon, but we have no intention of calling people out on it in a non-professional context if we are addressed as Mr and Mrs. Yeah it's a lot of work to get the degree but having the right to that title is not the same as someone calling you by a different name entirely.
    I think her point is that if her husband was a doctor, they would be referred to as "Dr. and Mrs." Since she's the doctor, they'll be Mr. and Mrs. That would annoy me to.

Tiny Speck, would you be annoyed if you and your husband were referred to as "Dr. and Mrs.?"

Anniversary

• BarbLovesDaveBarbLovesDave member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    fyrefly76 said:
    I have a friend who pretty much had the decision to change her name taken from her.  As a wedding gift, the groom's parents bought them expensive flights under the names of John Smith and Jane Smith even though she had no intention of changing her name from Jane Adams.  I didn't become friends with her until after this all happened, so I'm not sure what advice I would have given her about changing the name on the tickets or changing her name.  But she apparently changed her name and used the tickets, but the story still gets told around our group of friends as a story of woe.

Pretty passive aggressive of the parents, eh? Possibly the parents did not know of her intention to not change her name. If they did, then shame on them.

Shame on them, anyway. Even if changing her name, she might not have ID, passport, etc., in the new name.

I have done a lot of travel. I pretty much know about airlines and travel.

If she had tickets in the husband's last name and if all her ID was in her legal, maiden name, she need only have shown up with her certified marriage certificate in hand. That would "prove" to the airline and TSA that Jane Smith and Jane Doe were one and the same person. The airlines and TSA deal with honeymooners all day every day. They know the drill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards