Arizona-Tucson

Tucson Wedding Planning Tips

Just want to share my experience on local vendors.  I was married at 5600 N. Via Elena, April 2013 and we are still waiting to receive our deposit.  They did not provide a wedding planner and we had to rent everything.  Which would have been okay, but local vendors are not familiar enough and making an appointment to see the house was nearly impossible.  Laura's Bridal:  I wanted to buy from a locally owned vendor, however 2 of my bridesmaids said they had a horrible experience.  One of my bridesmaids picked up my dress and it was the right style but the wrong size.  I think it was the sample dress.  I kept saying the dress felt big but everyone said it looked great and that I had lost weight.  After we exchanged vows I couldn't take it anymore and asked my Maid of Honor what size the dress was...it was a 10.  Mine was a size 4 and had been taken in. I was extremely disappointed because we had already taken all formal pictures.  In the shop's defense, they delivered the proper dress to the reception.  Rincon Market did an amazing job, unfortunately they recently experienced a fire and not sure when they will be open for business.  Extreme Limousine:  The limo was to pick me and my bridesmaids up at home, but went to the church instead.  Phat Photo Factory was amazing!!  Nadine's Bakery amazing!!  Arizona Party Rental was a huge disappointment.  They were to deliver and set-up but forgot layout and were waiting for the decorator to get there with her layout. I think that's it.  Bottom line, get a wedding planner or someone with great attention to detail.  Good luck!!

Re: Tucson Wedding Planning Tips

• Thanks for sharing these tips!  I had my heart set on 5600 Via Elena, but was worried about the work that it would entail to have everything brought in. I'm sure your wedding was absolutely gorgeous, though! 
  • Rincon Market is still in business they are catering my wedding and I am so excited their food is amazing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards