Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hair Salons for a blowout in Oakland??

So....I'm going to Pittsburgh in ~2 months for our food/cake tasting and e-pics (yay!)  I have difficult hair to work with, and would love to go to a salon and have them take care of my hair for me - get a blowout or style or something.

Anyone have recommendations?? I'm happy to drive anywhere within 20 min of Oakland (maybe even 30) for someone good!

Re: Hair Salons for a blowout in Oakland??

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Go see Brooke! Her salon is in the bottom of the Washington Plaza apartments by the Mellon Arena. It's maybe 10-15 minutes from Oakland, just shoot right down Centre Avenue. I got my hair washed, cut and styled a few weeks ago and it was less than 30 dollars.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/w0ml45.gif[/IMG]

TTC #1 since 10/2012. BFP 11/28/12, EDD 8/10/13. MMC found 1/11/13, measured 5w6d
    Everyone is welcome.
  • edited December 2011
    I always go to Hair Topics in Imperial -they do a great job at a reasonable price
    however there is a Philip Pelusi in the South Side (18th street i think?) only 5min from Oakland

Im having a PGH wedding too! any tips?
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Oh...and can we have another GTG when you're in town? When will you be here?
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/w0ml45.gif[/IMG]

TTC #1 since 10/2012. BFP 11/28/12, EDD 8/10/13. MMC found 1/11/13, measured 5w6d
    Everyone is welcome.
  • mdphdmdphd member
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    @panther - I'd be up for a quick GTG before FI gets in on Thursday! (or after he leaves on Sunday).  I get in the 27th mid-day and leave the 30th late.  Steelers/Pats game is on the 30th...just saying. =P

@Natalie - we have TONS of weddings tips!  Tell us some more about your wedding/location/etc and we'd be happy to chime in.
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    I second brooke! infact i was just there today for my first cut post wedding (nothing dramatic just 2 inches)

• do you have the name of her salon and or a phone number?  Will she do my wedding party?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards