October 2014 Weddings

DIY Explosion! (Pic heavy!)

Hello fellow October brides! I was recently hired as a long-term substitute teacher until January, so I knew I had to get some of my DIY projects started!  Here are some pictures of my projects.  What do you ladies think?

1. Table names.  Because the FI is a train conductor, we decided to name our tables after railroad companies.  Instead of just typing the name on a card, I designed a table card with a graphic and some borders.  I think they turned out pretty cool.

2. Centerpiece mock-up.  Because I'm a visual person, I needed to create a mock-up of our centerpieces in order to make sure I liked them (haha).  I collected cut glass, mercury glass votives, vintage books with love-inspired titles, tin train cars, and milk glass to make a collected-over-time/rustic/shabby chic table setting.  

3. "Fun Facts" card.  Though our family and friends know us pretty well individually, some people may not know a lot about us as a couple.  I decided to put together some facts about us and our relationship so our guests could get to know us better. These will be double-sided.

4. My jewelry.  After an hour in my local Michael's Craft Store, I selected various sizes of pearls, crystals, and fireballs to create my wedding jewelry.  Pictured is my bracelet and my earrings.  My necklace will be similar to my bracelet---I just ran out of steam and will finish it tomorrow!

5. Book page flowers.  I made flowers from old book pages and vintage sheet music.  FI and I met through the marching band and we both love to read, so I wanted to honor the connection.  These flowers will be placed in the crystal bud vases in our centerpieces along with a spray of baby's breath.

I didn't think I got a lot done in two days, but looking back.... WOW! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
TeddiD34PrettyGirlLost

Re: DIY Explosion! (Pic heavy!)

• Beautiful! I love that book page flower!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Very cool!
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 Home of SB XLVIII Champs member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    love it! i have been thinking about getting some stuff done but I want to be able to have some things to do next year lol ...i think i will wait until after the new year
    Anniversary
  • PrettyGirlLostPrettyGirlLost A Land Filled with Unicorns and Cat Hair member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I'm late to the game here, but everything is very nicely done!  Great job, looking good :-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards