October 2014 Weddings

DIY Explosion! (Pic heavy!)

Hello fellow October brides! I was recently hired as a long-term substitute teacher until January, so I knew I had to get some of my DIY projects started!  Here are some pictures of my projects.  What do you ladies think?

1. Table names.  Because the FI is a train conductor, we decided to name our tables after railroad companies.  Instead of just typing the name on a card, I designed a table card with a graphic and some borders.  I think they turned out pretty cool.

2. Centerpiece mock-up.  Because I'm a visual person, I needed to create a mock-up of our centerpieces in order to make sure I liked them (haha).  I collected cut glass, mercury glass votives, vintage books with love-inspired titles, tin train cars, and milk glass to make a collected-over-time/rustic/shabby chic table setting.  

3. "Fun Facts" card.  Though our family and friends know us pretty well individually, some people may not know a lot about us as a couple.  I decided to put together some facts about us and our relationship so our guests could get to know us better. These will be double-sided.

4. My jewelry.  After an hour in my local Michael's Craft Store, I selected various sizes of pearls, crystals, and fireballs to create my wedding jewelry.  Pictured is my bracelet and my earrings.  My necklace will be similar to my bracelet---I just ran out of steam and will finish it tomorrow!

5. Book page flowers.  I made flowers from old book pages and vintage sheet music.  FI and I met through the marching band and we both love to read, so I wanted to honor the connection.  These flowers will be placed in the crystal bud vases in our centerpieces along with a spray of baby's breath.

I didn't think I got a lot done in two days, but looking back.... WOW! ;)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa

Re: DIY Explosion! (Pic heavy!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards