Snarky Brides
Options

Rudeness

Re: Rudeness

• Options

My husband was kind of rude to me last night.
    I was telling him that it's been almost 4 years since my favourite group released an album, and named the exact date their last album came out (because I remember a lot of dates). So he said something like "You know everyone thinks you're a freak for remembering that kind of stuff right"
    He says it was a joke

So I was like this
    At first I lol'd

Then gave him hell for hurting my feelings. It's all good now.

What group?

The Backstreet Boys

@swimmy1988- you are my hero. I thought I was the only one left

• Options
    I confess: I had no idea that the Backstreet Boys put out an album that recently.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    efmcc67 said:
    I confess: I had no idea that the Backstreet Boys put out an album that recently.
    It comes out July 30th

photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    LMc0322 said:
    Also, it's not rudeness I suppose, but I am so tired of whiny babies who as people's opinion but only want the answer if it's 'YES THAT SOUNDS AWESOME, DO IT!!!!!'
    I can't even read your posts right now. I'm too focused on your siggy photo.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    efmcc67 said:
    @efmcc67, their new album comes out on Tuesday (July 30th)! They've been releasing some songs online for fans to listen to, which is why I was talking about it being 4 years since their last album to my husband.

Weezy56 said:
    My husband was kind of rude to me last night.
    I was telling him that it's been almost 4 years since my favourite group released an album, and named the exact date their last album came out (because I remember a lot of dates). So he said something like "You know everyone thinks you're a freak for remembering that kind of stuff right"
    He says it was a joke

So I was like this
    At first I lol'd

Then gave him hell for hurting my feelings. It's all good now.
    What group?
    The Backstreet Boys
    @swimmy1988- you are my hero. I thought I was the only one left
    Me too!!
    I get made fun of by my friends and family for liking them but I'm just like bender don't care

Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Options

@Courtania- my mom forgot how old I am. I've got a little under 4 months till I turn the age she thought I was. Normally a person would say "eh, it happens, parents mix up the kids' ages" except for the part where I am her one and only child. I got her back- I deliberately misstated her age by 3 years when asking what she wants to do for her bday in September. Heee!

Edit note for those who have read my other posts and are wondering who I'm talking about when I say "Big Bro"- I'm mom's only, Dad's youngest. 2 sibs from a previous marriage that are 15 to 18 yrs older than me. Sometimes being the baby is awesome!

• Options
    MuppetFan said:
    LMc0322 said:
    Also, it's not rudeness I suppose, but I am so tired of whiny babies who as people's opinion but only want the answer if it's 'YES THAT SOUNDS AWESOME, DO IT!!!!!'
    I can't even read your posts right now. I'm too focused on your siggy photo.

Now we're even because I stare at yours a lot. It's mesmerizing.
  • Options
    LyannaStarkLyannaStark member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Drive thru cashier lady to me yesterday: "You're not going to eat that whole meal by yourself, are you?"

wtf.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got sneezed on by my littlest one today. It was gross, but she did at least say "Uh oh" after.

It was like:

but then it was kinda:

I'm losing my patience for the "uh-oh" though. Now it's like "I threw a toy across the room, UH OH I don't want to go get it!" or "I know it's time for me to sleep but UH OH I threw my pacifier out of the crib and now I want it again!"

It's about to be like:
    I got "sneezed" on my by "little girl" the other day too. The difference, my girl is a shih tzu who frequently sprays out what I call nose juice, because it's pretty much condensation (ie, no boogers). She let a good one go the other day and both FH and I were wet enough to wipe ourselves off afterwards. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jss0302 said:
    So the same idiot who told me I looked sick yesterday came in and told me my hair looked so much better today than it has all week.
    He probably thought it was a compliment.  My husband says stuff like this all the time.  I don't let it bother me because I know he just doesn't get it.  He honestly thinks it's a compliment.  But I'm not sure if I would appreciate a random co-worker saying that.  But the marriage comment... that's just plain rude.
  • Options
    A woman on my bus would not get on the freaking bus this morning! She was waiting for her son to bring her her lunch, and my overly-nice bus driver actually waited for her. We were all staring at her. We were just sitting there for probably two minutes because she couldn't get her lunch made last night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I just had some skin cancer removed on my face right between my lip and nose and I'm wearing a band aid to cover the stitches.  I got on the elevator at work and a guy says to me, "What did you do, cut yourself shaving your mustache this morning?"  In shock I replied, "Actually I have skin cancer" to which he replies, "Guess that'll teach you to go out in the sun".  WTF????
  • Options
    This isn't work related rudeness, but I figured I'd share.  Pretty much everything my husband's step-mother says is rude, but this one was the best.  I normally don't wear make up.  On my wedding day, I did.  She approached me after the ceremony and hugged me and said "You look so beautiful, I was so afraid you wouldn't wear make up.  Every time [husband's name] brings you around, your face looks so naked.  You should look like this all the time, you look much nicer."  I smiled and thanked her for the compliment.  I later told my husband and he just shook his head.
  • Options

@Juliegirl1 - what a jackass thing for him to say!  Why do people feel the need to pass judgement on things they know nothing about?

• Options
    Dma361Dma361 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I graduated in may and have my final interview for a paramedic job tomorrow. FI is a fire fighter, older, and generally thinks he knows more about how to handle life than most people. Every time we talk about anything job related, he keeps telling me to make sure I'm studying.

S.T.F.U. It wouldn't be bad, but it's all the time and getting freaking old. This morning, we were taking on the phone about my interview tomorrow (which btw has no medical component. I already went the through the assessment center and kicked its ass....that's why I have the interview) and he starts, "you're haven't had patient contact in a few months. You know you're going to be out of practice. You need to at least make sure you're keeping up with the knowledge, make sure you're studying every day, blah blah blah." I want to slap the shit out of him with that sometimes. It'salso way hard for him to accept that I am higher medically trained than he is, and I actually do know a few things about emergency services now. I'm not taking lectures about studying from someone who will be handing patient care over to me when I get to the scene 2 minutes after him. Go put out fires.

End rant. Oh that felt good. I think the wedding would be off if I ever said anything like that to him.

Gif slap photo:  slap.gif
  • Options
    Dma361 said:

I graduated in may and have my final interview for a paramedic job tomorrow. FI is a fire fighter, older, and generally thinks he knows more about how to handle life than most people. Every time we talk about anything job related, he keeps telling me to make sure I'm studying.

S.T.F.U. It wouldn't be bad, but it's all the time and getting freaking old. This morning, we were taking on the phone about my interview tomorrow (which btw has no medical component. I already went the through the assessment center and kicked its ass....that's why I have the interview) and he starts, "you're haven't had patient contact in a few months. You know you're going to be out of practice. You need to at least make sure you're keeping up with the knowledge, make sure you're studying every day, blah blah blah." I want to slap the shit out of him with that sometimes. It'salso way hard for him to accept that I am higher medically trained than he is, and I actually do know a few things about emergency services now. I'm not taking lectures about studying from someone who will be handing patient care over to me when I get to the scene 2 minutes after him. Go put out fires.

End rant. Oh that felt good. I think the wedding would be off if I ever said anything like that to him.

LOVE the choice of gif. I'm Rick James bitch!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    ....Yikes. Um.. I.. can't.  I dont' really know what to say other than that the rant was sort of demeaning toward your future husband. Although it feels like nagging, it seemed like he was trying to be helpful.  And your response is kind of mean. Maybe I'm sensitive.
  • Options
    Dma361Dma361 member
    He is trying to be helpful, which is why I haven't said that to him. That's why it was a rant, because it is something that comes across as rude and demeaning to me when I hear it every day, but being as though the intention wasn't meant to be rude, I'm venting here, to third parties on a thread dedicated to rudeness.
  • Options

Sure, I totally get that. 

But FI and I both do litigation.  I'm at a larger firm, so I do most of the grunt work while another attorney actually tries the cases.  FI actually gets to try his own cases.  If I found out he thought my job wasn't as important or brushed off anything I said becuase I'd be the one "handing it off" to him, I'd be so hurt. Even if he never said it to me.

But we can have different opinions on this.  The beauty of the Internet. And real life.

• Options
    Dma361Dma361 member
    Ah, see, I think a lot of it is that our jobs are very different, but in the same field, so he sometimes sees them as being more similar than they are. There is a ton of stuff he knows and does, that I'll never pretend to have a clue about. There's a ton that I do, that he thinks he knows because he's been in the field longer, but really doesn't. That's what gets frustrating. I have great respect for his job and I could never do it. The jobs are just different. I'm sure that came across wrong in my frustration.
  • Options
    Dma361 said:
    Ah, see, I think a lot of it is that our jobs are very different, but in the same field, so he sometimes sees them as being more similar than they are. There is a ton of stuff he knows and does, that I'll never pretend to have a clue about. There's a ton that I do, that he thinks he knows because he's been in the field longer, but really doesn't. That's what gets frustrating. I have great respect for his job and I could never do it. The jobs are just different. I'm sure that came across wrong in my frustration.

It won't be let out of the stupid quote box.  What you said makes sense.  I'm mostly just cranky and sensitive today. :) And actually, FI and I sort of make it a point not to talk about work--really, neither of us wants advice. And we'd probably just get snippy with each other and frustrated exactly like what you're describing! haha We practice different kinds of law, and I've caught myself telling him things about what he's working on that I'm sure he knows WAY more about than I do! Also I forgot to wish you luck on your interview tomorrow! Good luck!
  • Options
    Dma361Dma361 member
    Thank you! And totally goes both ways too btw. He calls me a rookie and a lazy paramedic, and I call him a dumb fireman. It works. Haha!

I think I'm cranky and sensitive too. That's why I let it get to me.
  • Options
    Today I went to coffee with a "friend". I have been trying to lose weight, and we talked about changing our diets and our work out routines. She said, well it appears that you haven't lost much since we last spoke (I've dropped 20 lbs). I should have walked out then and there, but I decided to make the brilliant move of changing topics: discussing our SO's careers. Her husband was recently discharged from the navy, and now works as an engineer in a power plant. When I mentioned that my FI is a police officer, she laughed at me and said that it wasn't as important as being a private in the navy. Of course I wanted to brush it off but a huge part of me wanted to reach across the table and throw her latte in her face. 
    Maybe I should have been more sensitive to the fact that her husband was discharged, and should have let her rant about it... but the weight comment was so out of line that I just didn't care at that point :(
  • Options
    Dma361 said:
    He is trying to be helpful, which is why I haven't said that to him. That's why it was a rant, because it is something that comes across as rude and demeaning to me when I hear it every day, but being as though the intention wasn't meant to be rude, I'm venting here, to third parties on a thread dedicated to rudeness.
    Have you tried talking to him, and telling him that the constant reminders to study, etc. are getting old and getting under your skin?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dma361 said:
    Have you tried talking to him, and telling him that the constant reminders to study, etc. are getting old and getting under your skin?

Yeah, I'd phrase it as that you know he's trying to be helpful, but the way he phrases it makes it seem like he thinks you don't know what you're doing!
  • Options
    Dma361 said:

@Dma361 I have an interview tomorrow, too! Break a leg!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Dma361Dma361 member
    Yeah, I have and it has definitely gotten better. It isn't neeeearly as bad as it used to be. That's why I tolerate things like reviewing and job advice and stuff that he has the best of intentions with (outside of the anonymous message board rant, lol), rather than the more demeaning "I know all of this and you know nothing," type of stuff that used to come up.

@efmcc67. Good luck! Hope it goes well for you! I just got home from mine. I feel pretty good. It was a panel interview of 5, which is always intimidating and stressful. I'm not sure that I blew them away with anything, but I did well. They said I should hear from them by the end of the week (although my friend that started there recently got a call the same day, so who knows).
  • Options

My femoral nerve block from yesterday's knee surgery rudely wore off this morning. Thank goodness for the kind, accommodating nature of Percocet.

I love you, Percocet.

• Options
    jss0302 said:
    Another one!

The same jackass who keeps making comments about how I look sick and talks shit about marriage is now inviting himself and everyone else in our department to my mid week wedding (new years eve) that is almost nine hours away. I really want to kick him in the shin. Hard.

Seriously, what is wrong with people? Hey you've been looking shity lately. So I'm coming to your wedding, right?

On that note, there's this woman FI went to school with. I met her at his 20 yr reunion, we all hung out a bit, she requested me on fb shortly thereafter, and I like her, really. However, I barely know her, she lives in California and our wedding is in South Carolina, and small. Every time I post anything on fb (doesn't even have to be wedding related), she comments, inviting herself to the wedding. Seriously?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards