Wedding Etiquette Forum

LMC0322

Um how did you get on the TARDIS??????????????????????????/

Why did I never notice this?

I thought my photo sitting on the alligator at Gatorland was awesome but.... it is not. It is not.
image   imageimage
You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: LMC0322

• i have to go to wales!!! I have to go to wales!!!! I didn't even know this existed. This is cooler than Disney. I'm going to the wrong place for my honeymoon. Omg!!!!

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Cardiff was awesome.  We had an amazing time.  I ran around saying:image

• MuppetFan said:
    i have to go to wales!!! I have to go to wales!!!! I didn't even know this existed. This is cooler than Disney. I'm going to the wrong place for my honeymoon. Omg!!!!

We drove up while we were staying in Bath.  It was really an incredible trip. If you ever fly over there, I have an itinerary for you :) Also, I ran around the Exhibit with my eyes the size of planets poiting things out like a little kid.  "BABE! IT'S THE FACE OF BOE! OH MY GOD THE WEEPING ANGELS! I JUST WATCHED THIS EPISODE!"  FI  does not watch the show. In fact, when I had it on once, he thought it was a parody.  We don't discuss it anymore.  But he was a trooper and pretended to be interested.
  • It's so awesome. I think it's relatively new.

I didn't really start watching until we finally got in a new house with a new tv that hooked up to Netflix.  Now I've blown through four seasons super quickly. I just sent this text to FI:

"Also I only have like 3 more episodes with 10.  And that makes me feel devastated.  I don't think I'll like 11.  Then again I didn't think I'd like 10.  Because 9 was my first."

He has absolutely no idea what the fuck I'm talking about.

• OHMYGOSH. I think Wales just passed Hawaii as next on my list. Is that the real Face of Boe?
  • We have 1 episode left (The Name of the Doctor) until we're totally caught up. I'm trying to put it off, my husband wants to watch ASAP. I don't know what I'm going to do until November!

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After you watch The Name of the Doctor there will be lots you want to re-watch.
  • Yeah, once I finally catch up, I'm going to go back and watch the entirety of 9's season again.  I miss him.
  • LMc0322 said:
    Yeah, once I finally catch up, I'm going to go back and watch the entirety of 9's season again.  I miss him.
    Seriously - 9 is so underrated! Maybe not the cutest or funniest, but definitely still my favorite so far.
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LMc0322 said:
    Yeah, once I finally catch up, I'm going to go back and watch the entirety of 9's season again.  I miss him.

Seriously - 9 is so underrated! Maybe not the cutest or funniest, but definitely still my favorite so far.

My quoting is fucking up, but YES. I love him. I glared at Tennant for a few episodes, thinking how much he JUST WASN'T 9.  But now I'm devastated that he'll be gone.  There's no way Matt Smith will be able to fill the inevitable hole in my heart.... right?
  • No, he will...somehow they always do.
    my read shelf:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited August 2013
  • No!!! Link? I stink at searching.
  • Tennant is my favorite doctor of all time, and I've watched since Childhood, and I've seen most Doctors. Prior to that, I am a Tom Baker fan (the one with the scarf)

Tennant/Rose episodes make me very emotional.

I could care less about Matt SMith. I realized that what worked for me about him was Amy Pond. With her gone, I've been bored.

when you were in Cardiff, did you go find where the Torchwood office would be???
    image   imageimage

• We walked around the opera house (pictured above) and, from what I know, that means we were walking on top of where Torchwood would be hiding! To be honest, I don't know many of the locations.  That's next on my list of things to watch :)
  • i love me some captain jack
    image   imageimage

• John Barrowman is appearing at a few Cons this year-- I'm thinking of following him to one and creeping him out.
  • David Tennant left a different type of hole in my heart than 9 or 11, but I do love all of them. Totally agree that 9 is underrated. I know a few people who skipped that whole season and it makes me sad.
  • LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Ok, I need to delurk for this thread...

Tom Baker was my first Doctor, Addie.

Jss, start with 9.  The name of the first episode is Rose, then go from there.

LMC, Torchwood is awesome...there is one season (Children of Earth) where you will ugly cry...like bawl your eyes out.  But that's not for a few seasons.

I'm adding Wales to the list of places to go before I die.

ETA:  I have always thought that 9 was an incredible Doctor, and was disappointed that CE left after the first season.  He was the right amount of angsty and optimistic.  Afterall, he'd been in the Time War and watched his planet burn.  These new Doctor's are more scarred than the old school Doctors, yet he does retain some of the quirkiness that we long time fans love.
  • I am so glad this thread started.  Like I said, FI just doesn't get it.  I needed you guys.  Luckily, I can stream Netflix on my laptop, too.. so while I was cleaning the house yesterday, I put on an episode and dragged it around the house with me.  I watched Journey's End.  I want my own human Doctor, too!! (Don't tell FI)

Once I catch up on Doctor Who, I'll start with Torchwood!
  • I'm so jealous that you got to go in the TARDIS!!! 

I really like Matt Smith, I think he's adorable in an awkward kind of way :)  I have to admit though I was really upset when David Tennant left and didn't think I would like 11. 
  • LMc0322 said:

I am so glad this thread started.  Like I said, FI just doesn't get it.  I needed you guys.  Luckily, I can stream Netflix on my laptop, too.. so while I was cleaning the house yesterday, I put on an episode and dragged it around the house with me.  I watched Journey's End.  I want my own human Doctor, too!! (Don't tell FI)

That episode totally wrecks me. I really hope the human Doctor makes an appearance on the 50th anniversary special!
  • I am so glad this thread started.  Like I said, FI just doesn't get it.  I needed you guys.  Luckily, I can stream Netflix on my laptop, too.. so while I was cleaning the house yesterday, I put on an episode and dragged it around the house with me.  I watched Journey's End.  I want my own human Doctor, too!! (Don't tell FI)

That episode totally wrecks me. I really hope the human Doctor makes an appearance on the 50th anniversary special!
    I saw somewhere online that Tennant should be in the special.  I would WAY prefer if he appeared as the human Doctor so we could see what he and Rose were up to. 

Also, I'm going to sound like an idiot but I don't care.  Donna couldn't be Doctor Donna.  There couldn't be the human/Time Lord metacrisis (is that what it was called?).  But then how could there be human Doctor? Is that because he started as Time Lord? I'm dumb.  I need to watch it more closely. I was doing 10 other things. 
  • You're not dumb.  There's a whole lot of confusing in that episode!
  • I'm gonna go start the next epi while I mop the kitchen floor.  My in-laws are coming this weekend. ALL OF THEM.  The entire extended family.  I should be going nuts, but instead I've completely shut down. I kind of just want to go to sleep.
  • "Do you fancy Billie Piper, sir?"
    TINY ROSE!
    That was awesome.  It is so odd to hear him with his natural accent!
  • My FI is going to be THRILLED when I explain why we have to go to Wales.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards