Getting in Shape
Options

Monday accountability

2»

Re: Monday accountability

• Options
    @mrsrutkowski - happy wedding week!

@entropicbeauty - I run with both earbuds in and the volume fairly low, or with one in. When I only have one in though I have to clip the free earbud to the other earbud, because it flaps around otherwise and pulls at the one that's in my ear.

@firsttimersluck - I'd say on the Spartan, the worst part wasn't the obstacles - they were all pretty fun. The worst parts were 1) the hill running - straight up and down ski hills the whole time, and 2) the waiting around. I'm not sure if I was in a badly organized one or not, but it was terrible. They sent about 200 people at a time off in a wave, and within 200 metres you had to pass through a gap narrow enough for only 2 at a time. So you stood around waiting to pass through that gap. Then for some of the obstacles you had to line up to complete them (the rope climbs, the wheelbarrows, etc). And then the lineup for the showers and the bag check was insane - I'd say at least 45 min - 1 hr each lineup. But I heard from people who did it this year that it was much, much better organized - I did mine last year. The obstacles were great fun though!
  • Options
    @mrsrutkowski Happy wedding week!  So sorry to hear it is starting on a bittersweet note.  Can't wait for pictures! 

@entropicbeauty If I am going to be running in an area that makes me feel less than safe, I go without music.  My neighborhood is generally quite safe and peaceful, but if it is getting dark or what have you, then definitely no music.  If I am feeling super nervous (long run all by myself, new route, whatever) I also have a pocket knife that I take with me.  Probably overkill, but it clips onto my shorts and gives me peace of mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @firsttimersluck - I think its a full one. It is like 8-9 miles. The group just ran a spartan sprint that was 3-4 and hilly. This one is in Central-ish NJ i think?
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    @mrsrutkowski - happy wedding week!!  So glad you checked in.  I had a similar situation; we were married close to the anniversary of my dad's passing.  It will be bittersweet but you'll know that she is with you every moment of the day.  

@entropicbeauty - If I run early in the morning I won't wear a headset; I'm too scared.  When I do wear them, I'll keep the music low enough so that I can hear cars/horns/cyclists around me.  

• Options
    thank you everyone - I'm kind of taking today to spend time with the family and we  also had a nice remembrance mass yesterday. Then tomorrow and the rest of the week finishing up last minute things for FRIDAY!!! We decided to do a cookie bar for our favor so my sister/bm/and fmil will be baking tomorrow and Wednesday night so I may get some emotional cookie-dough eating in :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @kwitherington - I actually ran a crime report for the neighborhood before we moved in. It's mostly robberies of liquor stores and drug related crimes (marijuana posession etc.)...so I wasn't too phased. BUT I know for a fact that there is sometimes gang related activity in the area and occasionally violent crimes. I just don't want to get so comfortable that I let my guard down and become another statistic, y'know? It doesn't help that every time I go out by myself I am being stared at (probably because they're not too used to seeing white girls in this neighborhood...I also don't think they're used to seeing people out exercising...)
  • Options
    Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Wedding last weekend really set me back... So much good food. Yesterday I performed my last two legs of my triathlon (super sprint). My time was 40 min but hopefully I can knock off another 5 min this month. My avg bike mile was a Lil over 4 min and my run 9:55 min/mile. Cheers to all for a successful day!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards