Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wine Ceremony?

When we met with our officiant last month (our first meeting with her), we explained that due to my fiance's preference to keep our outdoor ceremony non-religious, we were hoping to find our own "tradition" to do during the ceremony (in lieu of unity candles, blessings etc.) The sand ceremony is on the table, but she actually suggested something that I though was really cool, a wine ceremony.  I guess each of us will take a different type of wine (in seperate glasses) and combine the two into one glass, mixing the wines together.  She said it will have the same meaning behind the sand ceremony, that once the two wines are mixed, there is no undoing it.  Has anyone ever hear of/seen this done before?  I'm intrigued!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wine Ceremony?

• Options
    I wonder if the idea stemmed from this idea, which is also gaining popularity.....

http://www.celebrateintimateweddings.com/lovebox.html
  • Options
    Mixing two wines together sounds like a waste of wine.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wine-ceremony-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:324e6722-7c80-4538-abbc-72032ce1388dPost:4e5a7a03-953b-4974-9833-29f7e4b8a1f1">Re: Wine Ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mixing two wines together sounds like a waste of wine.  
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]
    AMEN!
  • Options
    Do you just mix it and leave it there? or are you supposed to drink it? Because that probably would taste bad...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very neat idea... but kind of agree it may be a waste of good wine :) Both of us have divorced parents that have been remarried and the Step parents have been huge parts of our lives so we are talking about doing the sand ceremony and each mother can poor in (my mom & step mom do one color and his mom & step mom do another color) that way everyone can walk down asile at different time and it not be a big deal.
  • Options
    We were considering this as well. Had we gone ahead with it, I would have found two wines that when mixed taste decent together, like a fruity red wine and a fruity white wine or something along those lines. I would think you each take a sip from the mixed wine, otherwise it seems kinda weird to just pour the wine and leave it there.

We ended up choosing to do a cocktail unity ceremony. Still trying to find the perfect cocktail to mix, but it will be some sort of take on a whiskey sour as we both love them. I'm really excited about it actually, it's fun and different and FI is excited about it too, which is the best part. :-P
  • Options
    I think its sounds nice and different. We were considering doing wine with letters in a box.  I saw someone on tv show do a bitter and sweet ceremony.  Something with wine and dark chocolate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards