Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

afraid PPDs more common than we even think

124»

Re: afraid PPDs more common than we even think

• Options
    It would be worth getting some sort of court paperwork at the very least. Just having his name on the birth certificate sometimes isn't a strong enough paternity claim. Marriage to the mother plus name on birth certificate is basically an iron clad way to ensure the fathers rights.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    Also without being married know that in the event a decision about you medically had to be made without you, your parents have the final say as of now. You could draw up legal documents to give your husband some power but your parents could still override this.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There is no estate . I have custody. I don't have insurance and neither does he is we will do it like we have for years nothing will change. Neither one of you have insurance, as in, health insurance? Because that's illegal.  

Wedding yes papers no. I'm good with it I'm happy I'm having a wedding to finally celebrate our Union. It's not a wedding without a marriage. A wedding = two people being joined legally in matrimony.  If, at the end of your ceremony/event, you and your partner have not entered into a union that is recognized and protected by the laws that govern you, you are not married and you did not participate in a wedding. This is to say nothing about you being as devoted as you are to your partner's culture, which I think is pretty selfless and clearly illustrative of your love for him. But it's not a wedding, no matter how many times you call it one.

• Options
    I thought the fines didn't start until 2014, no?

Honestly, gypsy, it sounds like this is happening faster than it should. I mean, the fact that he didn't tell you that bringing home a girl makes her his wife BEFORE he brought you home is creepy.
    Please take the time to get to know his culture more, first. I'm speaking from experience as someone who is Jewish dating someone with an Irish Catholic background. I've learned so much lol.
  • Options

I thought the fines didn't start until 2014, no?

Honestly, gypsy, it sounds like this is happening faster than it should. I mean, the fact that he didn't tell you that bringing home a girl makes her his wife BEFORE he brought you home is creepy.
    Please take the time to get to know his culture more, first. I'm speaking from experience as someone who is Jewish dating someone with an Irish Catholic background. I've learned so much lol.

He did tell me before. And what do you mean take more time? Its been 8 years we have 2 kids .

And @jellybean52513 thanks for the definition of wedding but it wasn't needed. I will still call it that.

And about the insurance. I was never told it was illegal my Dr. Excepts cash and credit cards.
  • Options
    Without insurance a trip to the hospital can cost thousands of dollars. You know this, though, right? I'm just surprised not having insurance isn't a concern. I don't have insurance and it's a huge weight on my mind. But that's just me, sorry lol.
    Anyway, from what I understand, not having insurance will be illegal, regardless of your doctor's opinions and actions. It already is in MA.

Anyway, there just seems to be a lot of questions you don't seem to know the answer to that affect you. That's why I suggest to take some time to get to know his culture more.
  • Options
    It's not illegal to not have health insurance - that only applies if you make a certain amount each year. So it's based on income. So if your income is above a certain amount and you don't have insurance you will be fined. However, if your income is below whatever the mark is and don't have insurance you will be fine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TerriHugg said:

It's not illegal to not have health insurance - that only applies if you make a certain amount each year. So it's based on income. So if your income is above a certain amount and you don't have insurance you will be fined. However, if your income is below whatever the mark is and don't have insurance you will be fine. 

Nope. You will get subsidized insurance if you are below a certain income, but must have it. In the case where she and her family don't have traditional jobs or submit tax returns (also illegal) I am not sure how the government would know they exist let alone know they should be covering the cost of her family's insurance.

There's so many governments that treat gypsies like second class citizens, and it puts the communities in the awkward spot of keeping true to their culture or going mainstream. Issues of legality plague them everywhere.

*I not only pay attention to international news on the subject, FI has a cousin who travels with them in France, he has visited twice and shared some very interesting stories.

Previously Alaynajuliana

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards