Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Question about ceremony walking time and music

I've been trying to find songs to play during our ceremony.  I just recently found The Luckiest - the Vitamin String Quartet version (originally by Ben Folds).  I LOVE this song.  Do I really need to have a separate song for family before the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk in?  It will only be my fiance's parents and then my grandparents walking in (and that's not even really decided yet, they may not walk for health reasons).  How long should it take 6 pairs of bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down?  The song is 4 minutes and 50 seconds.  I could imagine it playing right from the start when parents walk in then bridal party - but I have never timed this at a wedding before.  I would walk down to this song myself.. but I thought I'd go for more traditional - Canon in D.  Especially since I love The Luckiest so much it can play much longer for 6-8 sets of people walking down rather than just me.

Thanks for the advice :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question about ceremony walking time and music

• Options
    You can play whatever song you want. It will not take people 4 minutes and 50 seconds to walk down the aisle, though. How long is your aisle? Make a fake aisle in your backyard and time yourself walking down it at a comfortable pace (keep in mind people walk faster when they're nervous). That should give you a good estimate of how much time you'll need. Make sure you have someone queuing the music. Our officiant queued our DJ - we practiced it at the rehearsal.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards