Outdoor Weddings

How to address invitation for a lawn game brunch wedding.

Hi there!

I am getting married December 1st in my fiance's backyard. We are having a Sunday morning brunch wedding with a make your own waffle bar, and it will only be around 50 people. His backyard has a putting green so it's perfect to play games in and so I've decided to do lawn games at our wedding. We are going to do a real competitive point system and give away a cool vacation off groupon or something for the winning couple/person. Anyways... how do I let people know?

Can I say "Come dressed to play!" on the information paper that is going in with the invitation? I know people from this crowd wont be offended if I tell them how to dress, I just want to do it right you know?

Thanks so much !

-Justine

Re: How to address invitation for a lawn game brunch wedding.

• Hi there!

I am getting married December 1st in my fiance's backyard. We are having a Sunday morning brunch wedding with a make your own waffle bar, and it will only be around 50 people. His backyard has a putting green so it's perfect to play games in and so I've decided to do lawn games at our wedding. We are going to do a real competitive point system and give away a cool vacation off groupon or something for the winning couple/person. Anyways... how do I let people know?

Can I say "Come dressed to play!" on the information paper that is going in with the invitation? I know people from this crowd wont be offended if I tell them how to dress, I just want to do it right you know?

Thanks so much !

-Justine

On your website, put that you are having lawn games. On your invitation, invite them to the wedding in the Garden, then put his address on the next lines. Use word of mouth. They'll figure it out. I take it December snow is not a possibility where you live.
  • If you're only having 50 people, this will not be difficult message to spread through word of mouth. You don't have to tell people how to dress or what to wear. Just let them know what games you'll be playing (word of mouth and website) - they can decide what to wear based on whether they want to participate. 

It's fine to say on invites: "please join us for a brunch in the garden" or some other wording where people know it's outside. You can put on an info insert "please visit www.xyz.com for more wedding details". Don't tell people what to wear though.
    *********************************************************************************

• jouye said:
    I think you are happiness. You will have a romantic wedding dresses, wish you good luck
    WTF does this even mean?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • jouye said:
    I think you are happiness. You will have a romantic wedding dresses, wish you good luck
    WTF does this even mean?
    Damn that I can't post a link, but check out her other posts.

Anniversary

• Awww, it won't let me because user was banned. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • On the invite, you can say "Lawn games and brunch to follow." That should clue people in. And yes, word of mouth is excellent. We had 100 guests at our wedding and I feel like every single one of them asked me what to wear!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards