Wedding Party

Bridal party date is mortal enemy (this one is long- sorry ladies)

2»

Re: Bridal party date is mortal enemy (this one is long- sorry ladies)

• I agree with OliveOilsMom, she is harassing you and creating a hostile work environment.  Your direct supervisor is opening his/herself up to a whole heap of trouble if they don't do anything about it.  If your supervisor won't do anything go to HR.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • MrsRadke said:
    I would have FI tell his GM "we know you two are in a relationship, but we would both feel very uncomfortable having her at our wedding." One of my BM asked to bring an ex as her date, and I said I thought it would be inappropriate to have an ex attend my wedding. Granted, she actually asked my opinion...
    At first I thought your BM wanted to bring HER ex, but now I'm thinking he's yours? That's strange.

Anniversary

• I would normally agree with you- however in this case as my supervisor detests this girl too (my supervisor is a good friend, and knows what happened outside of work, and has had her own run in with this girl) she would be more than willing to go to bat for me if she thought that it would do anything to help the situation. Honestly they have passed word around to the supervisors. So if anyone can hear her say something, it would be reported... like all ears out for any harrssment violation with her against ANYONE. They are doing what they can with he says she says stuff. You know?
  • I get what your saying, but if you told all of this to an attorney, he would have dollar signs in his eyes!  Do you have an HR department?  Seriously, go talk to one of them!

• KD+AR said:
    I would normally agree with you- however in this case as my supervisor detests this girl too (my supervisor is a good friend, and knows what happened outside of work, and has had her own run in with this girl) she would be more than willing to go to bat for me if she thought that it would do anything to help the situation. Honestly they have passed word around to the supervisors. So if anyone can hear her say something, it would be reported... like all ears out for any harrssment violation with her against ANYONE. They are doing what they can with he says she says stuff. You know?
    You may not know the answer, but if all supervisors know and have had their own run ins with her, how come she still works there? I completely agree with @OliveOilsMom, you should go to HR even if its a hassle for you. This girl (and I do mean GIRL) sounds dreadful, and frankly, it seems like shes trying to rile you up at work so that she could go complain about and potentially get you fired. 

Unfortunately,  as everyone said, she does need to be invited. Its not really a choice for you or FH, its the choice of the GM. 
  • Ugh I'm sickened just reading your post, she sounds like a nightmare!  Unfortunately I wouldn't ban her from your wedding though :/  On the groomsman's invitation, I'd write his name and guest, so she knows she's an after-thought.

I'm really glad to hear your fiancé is on the same page as you and is no longer friends with her.  Ignore her as best you can on your wedding day (your happiest day ever- congrats in advance!) and try your best to never see her again after that.  Good luck!!

• Thanks eileenrob. I have resigned myself to the situation. I have given my fiance my thoughts, and it is ultimately up to him. I won't ban her, but I won't stop him from doing it. It was his friend, and she tried to split us up. And the GM is his friend. If he wants to have that conversation, I won't stop him... but I am not going to encourage it either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards