Not Engaged Yet

I don't get it...

2»

Re: I don't get it...

• @KateJ16 - Funny!  By the way, in case you didn't see it, we are having a Chicago GTG in October  (the 12th at 7:30 pm at Quartino downtown) if you would like to join us.  :)
  • @KateJ16  Ha, I refer to them as region rats.  Not sure where I heard it, but it stuck.   H's office is close to both you and @minskat30.  He's in the Crain's Communications building.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @minskat30 Thanks!  I remember seeing a thread about it and then got busy with something else (silly work).

What time?  We just went to Quartino wth my parents this weekend after Evita - man I love that place!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @suzie211 - Wow! That is close by.  I'm in the Leo Burnnett building working for a lawfirm in there.  The advertising people are always so nicely dressed and pretty and us lawyers always look so tired and blech...it sucks to see them every day.  :)

@KateJ16 - It is at 7:30 p.m.  You should come!  More than enough room.

• @suzie211 @minskat30 I'm a leeetle further - right by the Wrigley building.  But close enough!  And you talk about nicey dressed - half the people around seem to be dressed in couture - and then there's my company, where we were jeans, tees and gym shoes to work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @minskat30 We have a close friend that works for Leo Burnett.  You probably walk by each other all the time.   I think H has a couple customers in your building, as well.  Gotta love how big and small this city can be at times.  And don't feel bad, I'm sure you look fab:)  

@KateJ16 I think I would love to wear that to work!  I split my time between yoga pants while working from my couch, and business attire when I'm out with customers.  You sound like you have the perfect medium.  I could easily cut my shopping in half!    And please come play with us at Quartino's!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • suzie211 said:
    @cu97tiger  I interpreted Adam Levine's song the same way you did.  I don't get a rape vibe out of it.   I also had similar thoughts to "Blurred Lines".  Robin Thicke actually explained it how I had been interpreting it.  His intended the song to be about the blurred lines between being a bad girl or a good girl.  Essentially the girl wants to hook up, but she's with someone else and that makes her a bad girl causing blurred lines.

@minskat30 I also really liked Miley's Wrecking Ball.  Supposedly its about her torrent relationship with her ex-FI, but clearly the video was done for shock value and not to necessarily represent the words.   I think Robin Thicke's video had the same intention.  Clearly they both worked because people are talking about them and watching it.

@kateJ16 H works on Michigan Ave, too.  I hate going to visit him for the same reason's you mentioned.  I lived off Michigan in River North for 3 years and the tourists and petition signers were a huge reason I left.

Melissa Gorga makes me want to vomit. 

I hate suburbanites that claim to be from Chicago.  No.  Just because you live within an hour radius of the city does not make you a resident.  Schaumburg =/= Chicago.  Coming into the city twice a year, playing tourist on Michigan Ave, and eating Gino's East does not magically give you residence here.  

Why is everyone so up in arms and crying "rape" over Blurred Lines, when I don't remember anyone being upset when Rhianna and Eminem glorified physical abuse in "Love the Way You Lie"?     Apparently tying a person to a bed and lighting them on fire is less offensive.
    I actually remember a good deal of discussion about the video and whether it romanticized / glorified abusive relationships because it had Megan Fox in it. It didn't get as much mainstream play as a controversy though cause it wasn't as sexy. And I think people were more interested analyzing Rhianna and Chris Brown connections.

I don't really care for "Blurred Lines" I started off not liking the lyrics, enjoyed the catchiness for a bit figuring, oh it's not that bad, and then actually seeing the video and subsquent Thickeness, I don't like it. He comes across as a total Douche. And the song comes across as rapey to me. 

I also always figured the "One more night" song as more of a I'm-going-to-hate-myself-in-the-morning and less I'm-not-willing-to-do-this.So, I don't think it's quite a good comparison. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards