My husband and I got married outside of the country with our family and friends back in August. Now we are back in our city and we planned a mini reception with our friends here. The reception is not intended to be a second wedding, it is more a "our first real introduction as husband and wife".
We planned the reception to start at 6:30PM and end at 1:00AM. It will be very informal: stand-up buffet dinner (but with starter, entree, desert and 2 drinks for free per person; then it will be cash bar).
Our friends come from different places (University, friends-of-friends, work, French community etc...) so they all dont know one another.
I'm getting stressed out about tomorrow:
- how can we get people talking to one another and not only the ones they know
- how to have people mingled instead of staying on each side of the room?
- how can we get people entertained? I dont want people to get bored at this party. Games or not?
- how are we going to introduce the time to dance?
- since no one came to our wedding, do we need to get them a wedding favour to remind them of the day of our real wedding?