Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Alterations

Ok, so I have had two fittings so far for my gown in Maryland. They charged me an arm and a leg for alterations, but it was a set rate. UNLESS I happen to lose or gain weight after they start the alterations process.

Here is my dilemna- I have lost over 10 lbs. And since I'm only 5'1", and tiny to begin with, it shows. I am afraid the dress will not fit when I go in for my final fitting this weekend. And I really don't want to pay them more AND have to drive to Maryland for a 4th time.

So I was curious if anyone knew of a seamstress or place in the Pittsburgh who specializes in wedding gowns and can alter it if I just need to bring it back and get it taken in more. It's awful I know, but if I am going to pay for alterations again I would rather just have them done here. Or at least I can have an idea of what someone here would charge for it and compare that to the additional cost of the shop in Maryland.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Alterations

• Options
    I've heard good things about Clarissa's boutique and will be using them to steam my dress. Good luck and congrats on the weight loss!
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    Ps: it's on East Carson Street near 17th on the Southside.
    Married since May 12, 2012
  • Options
    I just had my first fitting at Clarissa's this past weekend (see my PIP thread for pics). Karen was super nice and I'm sure they'd be able to help you. I thought the prices were really reasonable- it is going to be less than $200 for all of my alterations.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    I'm using Anita Stitch which is in Brentwood/Whitehall.  She specializes in wedding and custom design work and is pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    Ditto the other posters - my best friend had a great experience at Clarissa's. I'm most likely going to use them when my dress comes in.
  • Options
    OK thanks! I wish I had just started my alterations at Clarissas.... way cheaper than what I paid. Augh I hate to think about paying again. I mean really.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards