Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

To People Who Suck:

If you don't REALLY want to come to our wedding, RSVP "No".  I won't mind, I swear.

I DO mind, however; that you nonchalantly make up some lame excuse not to come when we say "see you in 2 days!" Seriously, I now have to pay for all your meals.

On that note, FMIL:  I have to pay for that plus one you RSVP'd for 3 weeks ago. I admit, I was truly shocked when I asked what his name was and you said that you haven't met him yet... but I thought you'd at least bring a friend instead of stiffing me with another meal and telling FI you don't really care how much it cost.

And hey Mr. Officiant: I hired you primarily as a comedian, you remember that? I added you as an officiant only because it was convenient. I've been looking forward to your act since oh 6 MONTHS AGO when we signed a CONTRACT.  I appreciate that you're not leaving me high and dry on the ceremony, but the next time you want to cancel on someone, maybe it's a good idea to give them a phone call, rather than an e-mailing them. Maybe you'd like to offer to find a replacement...and maybe, just maybe, you wouldn't retract the discount from the package pricing that we negotiated. Maybe you would also subtract the money spent on your mail too from the total??

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

Re: To People Who Suck:

• Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    Is this seriously all happening??  What's going on??  

ETA - From the obvious, obviously

• Options
    Internet hugs to you and dirty looks to all the shitheads.

Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    For some reason I can't edit "mail" to "meal"

<sigh> 2 more days... Thanks =)
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    It will all be fabulous.  :)

• Options
    Internet hugs!

I see your frustration. But at the end of the day you will be married, and it will have gone fabulously!
  • Options
    It will be okay Muppet, take a deep breath and hang in there. *hugs*

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Awe. It's almost over! :) *hugs* it will all work out. Enjoy your day and celebrate when it's over :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I'm sorry. Lots of people suck, it's in their DNA. Once the wedding is over and done with (and it will be beautiful and perfect!) none of this will matter.

Though I wouldn't hesitate to leave a nice and honest review for the officiant.

ETA: sarcastic about the nice part.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• Options
    I'm so sorry, especially about the officiant. So unprofessional. Good luck, I'm sure you're wedding will be amazing! We had lots of late back-outs, too (5 out of 100) though most had the courtesy to at least claim illness (benefit of the doubt, of course).
  • Options
    Muppet!! Very excited that you're getting married tomorrow!! It will be awesome despite these couple hurdles. Good luck and can't wait for you to AW!! :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Have a wonderful day, Mup. May it be fabulous and fun, just like you!
  • Options
    Enjoy your wedding tomorrow!
  • Options

I know your wedding tomorrow will be fabulous!!!!!!!!  Sorry that people can be such asshats but what can you do?  I think most people either don't understand or don't consider how much goes into a wedding!

• Options
    Enjoy your wedding!!
  • Options
    Muppet!! Very excited that you're getting married tomorrow!! It will be awesome despite these couple hurdles. Good luck and can't wait for you to AW!! :)

This.  I'm sorry people are being shitheads, Muppet.  Happy Wedding Weekend to you and FI!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that you're having to stress about all this the day before your wedding! But as pps have said, it's almost over and when it is, you'll be married and that's all that matters, right? I'm sure it will all work out. Take a deep breath and have a wonderful wedding day tomorrow! Congratulations!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ugh, that sucks! Sorry about the turdfaces, especially the officiant. Like PP said, I'd leave him one heck of a review.

And also, YAY! Please AW when all is said and done, I'm sure your wedding will be wonderful.
  • Options
    MuppetOverlord Do you have someone near and dear to you that would be interested in being your officiant? 

My FSIL is going to be ours and she was ordained in a day. Once you sign up, they also have a section on their site to help you write out what to say. 

Check it out, good luck! 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, particularly for the Kermit gif. I loved it!

Wedding is physically sunday, RD etc tomorrow. 

Hopefully the rest works out pretty well!

imageimageimage

• Options
    allispainallispain member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2013
    Good luck with everything this weekend, Muppet! Don't let the idiots get you down!!

ETA - can't type today...
  • Options
    Your wedding will be fabulous! Although I'm sorry about the pre-wedding stress (I can't believe your officiant!), they will seem like minor blips when all is said and done. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!
  • Options
    Ignore the jerkfaces.  I'm sure your wedding will be lovely.  Good luck to you and FI this weekend!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Sunday?! I'm so excited!

Anniversary

• Options
    Happy wedding weekend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Hugs and best wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards