Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

How much time are you giving yourself to get ready?

2»

Re: How much time are you giving yourself to get ready?

• My ceremony is at 3:30. We have someone coming onsite for hair/makeup so we'll already be on location. There are 8 people, including me having their hair done. With that said, we are getting started at 9:00am, to be ready by 1:45. My mom packing sandwiches for lunch to take with us along with fruit and other things. Congrats to all you brides!
  • joannmmillerjoannmmiller member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2013
    mm0ran: Find a makeup artist that is willing to work with what you're comfortable with. It's your day and you should be in your comfort zone. Plus you should look more natural than some makeup people do. Many professionals will get a trial done beforehand and ensure that you're happy with it before they move on!
  • japow1189 said:
    I am planning for a ceremony time of 615 pm. There are 7 of us total, if it is just the stylist and assistant doing hair an makeup what time should we start? I was thinking around 1230/1 so we all had time to eat beforehand.
    @japow1189 - you need to speak with your stylist and see what she thinks.  It took my hair stylist an hour to do my hair and about 30-45 minutes to do 3 others.  So you are looking at probably 6 hours at the salon if the stylist does the hair and the assistant does the makeup.  But of course that can vary depending on the hair styles your BMs are choosing.  If some are choosing to have their hair down that will take less time then a complicated updo.

So again, speak to your stylist.  And if you have to, bring the lunch with you to the salon.  If it were me I would rather start at 10am, bring lunch, and then be done with plenty of time left to relax, get dressed and get some pictures done before the ceremony.

• I spoke to my hair and makeup girls a couple days ago, for 4of us, hair recommended 2.5 hours, makeup needed 3 hours.
    Beat advice I was given, is add 15% time to everything anyone tells you. including Travel time, photo time etc.
    Also put aside 20min before the ceremony and either during reception or between ceremony and reception for time for you to slip away and just breathe & relax.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards