Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Your not invited to the wedding, but...

So today I received a facebook group invite from a co-worker who is getting married. We are friendly and talk about wedding things in passing since we’re both getting married and its common ground, but we are not close enough to invite each other to our wedding.

The group is inviting everyone on their friends lists on a cruise that is also their honeymoon. Now I have to copy and past part of it because I don’t know how to put it in my own words: 

In the description it says “Unfortunately we cannot invite everyone that we would like to the wedding but this is one we share the fun.”

This is what I get out of it: We don’t like you enough to invite you to our wedding, but if you like us enough to spend your vacation time with us you can.

I'm sitting at my desk thinking, "Seriously?"

Re: Your not invited to the wedding, but...

• Options
    could be that they get a "group rate" - and if they book x number of rooms on the cruise, their trip is FREE. 

Or they're just clueless. 
  • Options
    To me, sounds like a budget thing. If B&G invite people to the wedding, it's on them to pay for their guests. Inviting everyone on a cruise means the guests pay their own way.

Tacky either way, though.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Yikes. How tacky. I love my friends, but there's no way I'd want to spend my honeymoon with anyone but my FI. 
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    Huh? Why would a new B&G WANT to share their honeymoon with everyone???

This.  I think @dramamonkey makes a good point, too.
  • Options
    I just want to shake them and yell, "Baaaaad idea. Take it down."

• Options
    SP29 said:
    Huh? Why would a new B&G WANT to share their honeymoon with everyone???

My friends got married last year and invited my and my FI and two other people. They said they spend enough time together and wanted to go on a vacation with other people. We called it a "buddymoon." I think they may have done something for themselves for a few days, but I didn't need much of an excuse to take a vacation to Key West.

But they also didn't send out a mass facebook message to everyone and invite people who weren't invited to the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Why are they inviting a bunch of people on their honeymoon??  I'd ignore that invitation..
  • Options
    @eileenrob It was a facebook invite not even a real invitation. I've already declined. We're getting married the same year, so we cant waste our vacation time on someone else's honeymoon. 
  • Options
    @Jean0715 - I just want to say I love your signature - the "Our Story" very very cute. I haven't been on here for awhile but I've never seen someone with that sig before =) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't want to spend my honeymoon with anyone but my husband!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards