Wedding Party
Options

I'm the Maid of Honor - Out of State Wedding/Bride

I am the Maid of Honor for my best friend's wedding.  She lives in Alabama.  But I still want to be the best MOH ever.....what are my duties since the wedding & bride are both 12 states away & the bridal party are scattered all over the U.S?????  HELP!!!!!!!! 

Re: I'm the Maid of Honor - Out of State Wedding/Bride

• Options
    Your only duties are to show up at the wedding in the chosen attire, which should be selected with your budget and comfort in mind.  If you choose to you can host a shower and/or a bachelorette party for her, but that's up to you.  It may be hard to coordinate pre-wedding parties because of the geographical distance. 

• Options
    ^^ Agreed.

If you want to go above and beyond, you can send her a "surprise" spa gift card to use before the wedding for relaxation. One of my OOT bridesmaids did this for me, and I was blown away and so appreciative.

One also made sure we had bagels and mimosas at the salon the morning of the wedding. Again, so thoughtful and "above and beyond".

Little things count.
  • Options
    Your only "duties" are to show up to the wedding on time, sober and in the dress the bride picks out (within your budget). 

If you want to do additional stuff, offer as much help as you can/want to. If you want to, ask how you can make the process easier. Offer to go dress shopping, to fittings, etc. Offer to throw her a shower/bach party if you can/want to afford it. Keep in mind that she may decline your offers - it's nothing personal, she just may have other stuff in mind. Good luck!
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards