March 2014 Weddings

Week of/Day of time line

Yes, I know I have a little under 5 months until our wedding day, but I figure I might as well start figuring out the week of and day of timeline now so that as I go I can modify it.  Here's what I have so far - tell me what y'all think I should add/remove:

Sunday: Make sure all that has to go to reception venue is prepared and in back bedroom, ready for transport on Thursday (or before depending on what the venue says) to the venue. Figure out who's car will be left at reception venue the night before (or morning of) our reception so we have transportation home the next day.
Monday: Call all vendors to confirm their time line of arrival, etc.  
Tuesday: Clean clean clean the house
Wednesday: Clean clean clean some more - throw laundry in that needs to be washed for the weekend (ie change of clothes for the day after).
Thursday: Tie up loose ends that are needed, drop off items to venue
Friday: Nail appointment with girls, finish wrapping bridal party gifts and get ready for rehearsal
Saturday: EARLY am - prepare breakfast for those who stayed at the house over night, hair appointment with girls at the salon (early), return home for photographer and florist arrival, relax some, change, pictures, leave for church.......

Is there anything I'm missing??? I know it's going to be a work in progress, but seriously.  I can't be too overly prepared, right? Typically I'm a spur of the moment type girl, but with this wedding it's a planned out process.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Michelle & Ronald
01/03/81
06/18/81
08/25/10
05/07/13
03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
image 40 are party poopers
image 0 awaiting reply
Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.

Re: Week of/Day of time line

• Looks like a great start!  
    The only thing I might wonder about is breakfast on Saturday - are there casseroles or dishes that you could prepare on Friday and then just pop in the oven Saturday AM?  I know you're being a good host by doing that, but I bet nobody with you would want you to be cooking breakfast for them on your wedding day :)

Are you going on a honeymoon?  Packing for that (if it's right after) is the only thing I see missing.

One bonus of a cold (Iowa) March wedding is that packing my Cancun honeymoon gear won't mean any extra laundry or having to choose if my favorite clothes get worn during wedding week or at the honeymoon!  Haha! (We had snow today, I'm just reaching for a silver lining...)
  • vt&dt said:
    Looks like a great start!  
    The only thing I might wonder about is breakfast on Saturday - are there casseroles or dishes that you could prepare on Friday and then just pop in the oven Saturday AM?  I know you're being a good host by doing that, but I bet nobody with you would want you to be cooking breakfast for them on your wedding day :)

Are you going on a honeymoon?  Packing for that (if it's right after) is the only thing I see missing.

One bonus of a cold (Iowa) March wedding is that packing my Cancun honeymoon gear won't mean any extra laundry or having to choose if my favorite clothes get worn during wedding week or at the honeymoon!  Haha! (We had snow today, I'm just reaching for a silver lining...)
    Yes, I was thinking casserole breakfast foods that would definitely be in the fridge friday night and ready to pop in the oven on Saturday morning.  :o)

We aren't going on a honeymoon.  We plan to go on a long weekend to a nice B&B here in NJ a few weeks after the wedding (when it's a little warmer!).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • I will come back to this post in two or three months with my timeline :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• rakkaya87 said:
    I will come back to this post in two or three months with my timeline :)
    Same here. I am just not ready to think this far in advance. I should... but I'm not. After Christmas, I'm throwing myself into wedding prep.
  • katieg520 said:

rakkaya87 said:
    I will come back to this post in two or three months with my timeline :)
    Same here. I am just not ready to think this far in advance. I should... but I'm not. After Christmas, I'm throwing myself into wedding prep.
    I really wanted to wait until after christmas, but I'm a planner and want to have things some what figured out so that I can tweak it later....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply