Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Short Hairstyles?!

I'm so frustrated. A google image search for "short wedding hairstyles" doesn't really turn up much of anything. The Knot apparently has decided that women with short hair don't/can't do anything with it for their nuptials. I'd love to have an idea as to what is possible though. My hair isn't short like a buzz cut. it's short like chin length. 

Searching the boards here has left with almost nothing in terms of resources. Anyone have any ideas!? I'm at my wit's end!

Re: Short Hairstyles?!

• I'm in the same boat honey...however i'm not sure what to do until i pick a dress.  My suggestion is go to walmart or the pharmacy and look in those celebrity hair books/magazines (they have some for short hair)

OR find a good hairdresser who is willing to try a few things. I've been married before and I had went to a hairdresser for a session and she had me wear like a white tube top (so it looks like a strapless wedding dress) and bring my veil and tried several different styles on me and took pictures of each one. Good luck!

• I'd talk to your hairdresser about some ideas. She should have an idea of what's possible with your length of hair.

As another option, I had chin-length hair that I grew out for the wedding. It felt kind of silly to grow it out just for the wedding, but it'd been a long time since I'd had long hair and I donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths after the wedding. 
  • I am in the same boat... it sucks!! I've been taking hairfinity to help my hair grow faster and healthier by the wedding date though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards